Will sores go away without removing the cage?

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by Brian Jenkins, May 12, 2021.

1. Brian Jenkins

Local Time:
    12:32 AM
    I’ve been in chastity for almost two weeks now with intent to be in permanently except when my Queen wants to use her toy. I have a sore on my scrotum caused by the base ring. I’m putting neosporin on it. Will it heal without me taking the device off? I’m in quite a bit of discomfort walking right now.

2. tecolote

tecolote Long term member

Government
    California
    Local Time:
    9:32 PM
    I don't think you can expect it to heal without removing the cage. You may need to explore a different cage or at least another base ring. Finding the right cage is a process that probably never really ends.

Guest 3972 and Brian Jenkins like this.
  3. MissyB

MissyB Long term member

maid, (I wish)
    Tennessee hills
    Local Time:
    Agree that it would heal faster without the added irritation.

Guest 3972 and Brian Jenkins like this.
  4. Adam444

Adam444 Long term member

Chicagoland, USA
    Local Time:
    Take the device off and let your skin heal.

5. Jeanette_Phillips

Jeanette_Phillips Long term member

Retired
    Manchester, England
    Local Time:
    5:32 AM
    I have to agree with @tecolote

I found that wearing a bigger ring cause the irritation as the ring would slide up and down i changed to a smaller ring. This solved the problem for me.

I wish you luck and the perseverance to solve your issue

Brian Jenkins likes this.
  6. collaredhubby

collaredhubby Long term member

Local Time:
    11:32 PM
    Another thing to consider, chastity takes time to a acclimate to for that part of your body. You don't just jump into 2 or more weeks of chastity with no side effects after not doing so much time in a belt before in any solid stretch. The fit of the belt and gap and ring size as well as hygiene all matter in having a safe and comfortable time, as comfortable as you can be with a cage around your manhood anyway.

I would say take the belt off, fully heal down there, start fresh and clean when healed with a short chastity duration until you start to feel irritation. As soon as you feel irritation of any sort that is in any way painful, take the belt off and inspect it and yourself. Heal, start again, look for a pattern of what is being irritated and where. Are you continuously getting the same irritation in the same places? Is the belt or belt parts in any way rough or not smooth? Your delicate skin there can feel very small changes and even a lightly scratched or rough/ sharp piece of metal or plastic could be the reason for your growing irritation and result in the problems you're experiencing.

In some of the less expensive cheap steel belts for example, the belts are not 100% stainless but a mix of metals and a chrome coating that can over time come off or flake and these flakes can be harmful. So, buy quality or at least the best quality that you can afford and at the first sign that something with a belt isn't right such as flaking or metal discoloration, stop wearing/ using that belt. Light Sandpaper grades like 600/ 3000 can be used to smooth rough stainless or plastic. In the case of plastic, a utility razor knife can remove poorly molded plastic parts leftovers but if the plastic smells consider throwing that out too as chemical leakage is a thing.

Generally speaking, I think from your post you jumped right in the water of chastity in the pool's deep end and now you're having trouble treading water because you didn't work your way up from the shallow end and learn to backstroke and float on your back first. I think if you and your miss pull it back some and work your way up slowly as well as possibly replacing some equipment that may be too big/small/etc as well as some polishing work, you'll be fine.

7. boisub

boisub Inaccessible member

Northwest US
    Local Time:
    10:32 PM
    Good advice from @collaredhubby.

I would add that even problems that feel mild, such as an itch in an inaccessible spot, need to be checked on, as they can turn out to be worse than they feel once you take off the cage and get a good look at them.

And any time that you get a break in the skin, the device needs to come off to let it heal. Over time you’ll learn which areas need extra attention, and your skin will toughen up some. But it takes time, and there will be the occasional setback.

I recently was let out after several months of continuous wear, and I had a small spot on the underside of my scrotum that had been bugging me just a little over the previous few days. Even though I had been inspecting it and putting extra lubrication there, I couldn’t see that there was a small skin break there until the cage - specifically the base ring - came off.

So I was out for a few days to let it heal. Then, when I went back in, I almost immediately had a problem in a completely different spot. This time it was at the top of the base of my shaft, again under the base ring. Not only was it 180 degrees away from where the other sore had been, but this one was obviously a problem almost from the moment I went back in. It just felt sore right there, and it was an unhappy red color. I tried to stay in for about a day, but I came out when I could see broken skin. That one took another few days to heal.

That’s two problems coming up, one after the other, after literally months with no problems at all. I’m still not sure what happened the second time. I think maybe some hair got pulled or caught when I put it on (my Wife likes a hairy boisub), but I don’t really know.

Things like that can happen after a day or after a year, so you always need to pay attention to your body, and give it all the time it needs to heal.

8. Brian Jenkins

Local Time:

Thank you for your advice and insight. I think you’re right. Before starting this permanent wear, I would only occasionally have to wear it for a day or two. I’m going to let it heal and try again. Maybe next time I can wear it longer. Maybe my scrotum will toughen up over time and as you said become acclimated to it.

tomf_22033 and collaredhubby like this.
  9. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    9:32 PM
    Brian,

Like you, I'd (and my wife) prefer to wear my device 24/7/365. Alas, I don't think for me that will ever be possible. Instead, I reconcile myself to BOTH the practical purpose of the chastity device AND its symbolic intent. (some of my other posts have covered this)

Please do your best, but accept that we can only go so far as individuals. Be clever about times that you are unlocked. For example, when out in public and masturbation is impossible.

I admit, my screw-ups always happen when I am unlocked. Logic would dictate that if I stayed locked all the time I'd never screw up......but, that is a vicious cycle most of us can't win.

So, ease into more and more locked time.....but take your time.

Rodeo cowboy and Brian Jenkins like this.
  10. tomf_22033

tomf_22033 Long term member

VA USA
    Local Time:
    As said, heal, then start slow. Do a day, check things. Wait a day. Then if all is ok do two. Take a day off. If all is ok do three or four. Take a day off. If all is good do a week or so. Off then try longer.

If any of the check show problems make the break longer until your fully healed.

Also if a problem develops do t be afraid to go to a doctor, better to be a little embarrassed than have a small problem become a big one.

Note this is my SUGGESTED way to do things, do at your own risk. I’m not a health professional nor pretend to be, and I haven’t stayed in a Holiday Inn in years. This is just one approach that has worked FOR MEl your results may vary.

11. zbovka

zbovka Design Enthusiast

Local Time:
    12:32 PM
    Make sure you don't get chafing cuts, I got a scar from that. I almost got two more from the holytrainer model where the sides meet

12. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    5:32 AM
    I agree! It won’t heal if your still using the device, it’s a long prided to find the right set up for you, but it’s worth it!

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sores after a week of chsstity

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice