Edema from Chastity device.

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by J.D., Jul 6, 2020.

1. J.D.

J.D. Member

Arlington, TX
    Local Time:
    7:30 PM
    Hi all. I'm having some swelling/edema wear base ring meets cage ring. I wear a MM Jailbird 1 3/4 length cage and stepped down to a 1 5/8 base ring several months ago, after a few days 24 hr wear noticed swelling but no pain. I took it off overnight and swelling goes away. I decided after a few months of this to go back to 1 3/4 base ring. I slept overnight and 8 hrs standing on feet at job and came home to still experiencing some edema!! If I'm gonna get edema with both size rings I prefer 1 5/8 ring. Any suggestions? Maybe cage is to short? Went from 2.25 inch on my Watchful Mistress to 1.75 inch on Jailbird. It's really comfortable except for edema!! Anyone else experienced this?? I've been wearing chastity devices for roughly 5 years. Thanks.

Bertdido likes this.
  2. Peaches

Peaches "kinky guy"

Business owner
    South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Im almost 10 weeks 24/7 and just started getting edema between a cage rings. Small spot. Doesn't hurt. I usually get to swap over to my shaft only cage and it goes away over the weekend so I haven't been too concerned.

J.D. likes this.
  3. sashasproperty

Australia
    Local Time:
    9:30 AM
    I’m 2.75” flaccid and uncut. I wear a 44mm base ring and have been playing around with various cages over the years. Lately I’ve just been trying to get used to wearing the cock ring component on its own to navigate swelling, sleeping, daily life etc.

Generally it’s barely noticeable and I found it to be quite comfortable. Erections are hard and hurt a little but in a good way. When wearing a cage it can be tight but I enjoy the feeling and reminder that erections are not really supposed to feel pleasurable when caged.

I don’t get coldness or anything but maybe the skin goes a little bit darker but not blue or purple. I’ve debated going to 42mm or 46mm to experiment the differences.

My main issue is swelling / puffiness of the foreskin. At first I thought it was the cage but I’ve noticed that even wearing the cock ring on its own for a day or two will cause the foreskin to get the typical edema bumps in places.

I get it from some cages too but it’s mainly the foreskin that’s the culprit.

If I go looser, I fear that the cage won’t stay on easily but worry that if I stay at 44mm and keep getting edema that it also won’t work for long term wear.

I’m also trying to go for permanent wear and not sure if it’s something that just gets easier/better with time, or is it an important symptom / signal to change something.

Maybe the only path out is circumcision?

4. Sparky Jo

Sparky Jo Active member

Uk
    Local Time:
    12:30 AM
    I have the same issue I find my whole foreskin swells up (does wonders for my girth lol).
    Is this dangerous? I hope not as I don't have the key at the moment.

5. collaredhubby

collaredhubby Long term member

Local Time:
    6:30 PM
    A question to the Original Poster of the thread. Did you experience edema when using the Watchful Mistress with the longer length before moving to the shorter length Jailbird? It wasn't clear whether or not the edema problem was new or something on going that you've been dealing with? If the edema happened after installation of the new jailbird cage or you went down in ring sizes from a larger size, it could be any number of issues that is causing the problem.

What kind of skin care routine do your keep for your skin in that area? Could you be over or under maintaining it? You can have too much moisture as well as not enough. Do you shave the area in question completely? If so, have you had hair growth issues like in-grown hairs and razor burn that contribute to the discomfort? Are you using any type of lube get the device on and do you wash it our or off after installation?

Have you inspected the base rings to check for scratches or imperfections that could be causing sore spots? Is the irritation always in the same place? Do you use the round or oval rings? There are so many questions you'd need to answer or consider before we could give helpful suggestions as to what the problem might be.

J.D. likes this.
  6. Giles_English

Giles_English Chaste slave

Slave
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    11:30 PM
    I find edema happens when the cage is too tight. The cock needs to be able to get at least a little hard before it presses against the bars.

VeryEnd likes this.
  7. Sparky Jo

Sparky Jo Active member

Uk
    Local Time:
    12:30 AM
    I am uncut and it seems to be the foreskin that is not long enough to hang through the end hole is the bit that swells.

J.D. and Giles_English like this.
  8. J.D.

J.D. Member

Arlington, TX
    Local Time:
    The edema started when I switched to the smaller jailbird. Its 1.75 inch cage and 1 5/8 base ring. I've been locked now 24/7 for 93 days. I take it off once a week to clean and shave. I notice I have more edema when standing for long periods. It's really pretty comfortable except for morning wood. The device itself is flawless. I could order a 1.75 inch base but like the tighter feel of the 1 5/8!! I'm going for 24/7/365 wearing my device. Over 3months in no problems! I do message the edema before taking hot shower seems to help. No blood flow concerns or anything. I think I can do a year!!

9. BR_Saiph

BR_Saiph Self-published author

Canada
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    A282 almost 24/7 for a year and no major concerns.
    At times the shaft works it's way out a bit between the cage and base ring, resulting in some mild edema. I simply work it all back up into the cage and readjust and it all goes away.
    I still get the odd bit of ring sting but it's extremely rare and usually only after the Mrs has let me out for a bit of PIV play. I guess the boys get all worked up and take a bit too settle back into the 'normal' routine.

J.D. likes this.
  10. Rtarvey

Rtarvey Active member

Self employed
    Mississippi
    Local Time:
    I found that the more solid the cage the less edema, we use to use a looker 1 great cage and got it when being teased often through the spaces in the bars. Got a rigid modular with pa and have been wearing for 2 years and only a little bit but just pull the skin around after a good tease in the cage and all good.

J.D. likes this.
  11. StubHub

StubHub Long term member

Retired
    Central iowa
    Local Time:
    Edema general pressure related would look at tube diameter difference of the 2 cages more than base ring.

MM says not to have too small if tube where active pressure is on penis. Only a slight contact.

Silkyhoseheelslover and J.D. like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice