IPL on balls and perineum

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by Tessasissy, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Tessasissy

Tessasissy Active member

Local Time:
    12:27 PM
    Hi,
    I am looking into home IPL for the removal a hair around my balls and perineum. To make chastity more comfortable and reduce unlocking neccesity.

I am looking at the Philips Lumea Prestige. As it seem St have good reviews. However this is mustly used by women who tend to have lighter and finer hair.

Have any of you experiace with this device or others using it on your intimate areas. Do they work, are they safe etc.

Would be realy greatful if any of you have tried these and would share your experiace, problems and recommendations.

Thanks

2. jet_silver

jet_silver Active member

Engineer
    Space coast of Florida
    Local Time:
    7:27 AM
    I have a Tria laser - not the most recent one, this is a couple years old. It is time-consuming to use it, because the output window is small and you need one trigger pull per zap. However, my pubic hair is mostly gone, and the finished areas have not been back!

People aren't kidding when they say it's uncomfortable, after a while it gets tiresome. It's kind of like the zap of a non-PWM e-stim machine. You can dial it back quite a bit, at the cost of more treatments.

The Tria won't work on skin that's too dark. It does a check at the beginning of a session where it assesses how dark your skin is. When I am well tanned, during the summer, it is fussy and quibble-y. Light complexion + dark roots works the best.

Tessasissy likes this.
  3. Living Curious

Living Curious Long-term lockee

Restoration and Reconstruction
    Colorado
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    5:27 AM
    I tried the Tria but after a year of diligently zapping myself, I gave up and got it done professionally. It would have taken 10 years of the Tria to get the results I got from the pros in 3 months.
    And Groupon can have some pretty spectacular deals. I got the "full Brazilian" done, 6 treatments, for $350

Tessasissy likes this.
  4. NZSenator

NZSenator Long term member

Local Time:
    11:27 PM
    Not the Philips Lumea but the Baybliss Connect IPL. Have used this for about 8-10 months, 2 weeks initially on max setting and then 3-4 weeks thereafter. To be honest, little if any difference, still have to shave twice weekly and can't say I've noticed a reduction or bald patches.

Most of the consumer / home devices are similar in frequency / power so may very well have the same effect (not much), but you never know, you might get lucky.

If you can get a professional clinic session at a discount from a voucher site, then might be the better option.

@Living Curious , do you have to go back for maintenance?

Tessasissy likes this.
  5. Sissy-CJ

Sissy-CJ Long term member

East Midlands (UK)
    Local Time:
    12:27 PM
    I used the infinity silk IPL and I’ve got to be honest IPL doesn’t seem to work, certainly not for me.

Tessasissy likes this.
  6. jet_silver

jet_silver Active member

Engineer
    Space coast of Florida
    Local Time:
    7:27 AM
    @Living Curious, that is one awesome deal: about the cost of the Tria. Seconding the question of whether it's permanent.

7. Living Curious

Living Curious Long-term lockee

Restoration and Reconstruction
    Colorado
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    5:27 AM
    @NZSenator @jet_silver
    I had the first session almost 2 years ago, and I just did my last session a couple months ago. I'd say I have a 98% reduction since before I started. It was 80% about a year ago after 4 sessions. However, I had several breaks and didn't stay on schedule for a variety of reasons (deathly ill spouse, then divorce, then pandemic) so everything considered, that's a pretty spectacular result.
    It turned out so well that I decided to splurge and I'm scheduled to start full body next week. Except below the knee and elbow or above shoulders, not doing those areas. They said they'd throw in any touch ups needed in the Brazilian area during my sessions. All of this cost $2,400 (8 sessions plus 1 touch up)

Dianna1395 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice