Introducting - The Cherry Keeper

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by JosieLynn Jewell, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Maddie Mae

Verified Female

Litigator
    United States, Mid-Atlantic
    Local Time:
    8:45 AM
    I don't want to make this sound like a review, but it just might turn out that way.

Long story short, I was in search of a device for PK for when we travel by air. I saw this thread and corresponded JosieLynn Jewell about a Cherry Keeper with headlock. The measurements I needed were in-between what was in the shop and decided to go with a custom build. JosieLynn did the design and I ordered it. Arrived two weeks earlier than what was estimated.

The fit is absolutely perfect and PK raves about how comfortable and light weight it is. I was totally surprised at how well constructed it is. Looks like it will very durable. I wasn't keen on plastic devices, but this may just change my mind. I've made it PK's daily device for now.

I ordered it in the least expensive white material just to be sure it would meet my expectations. It does!! Now I have to decide what color to order next. Oh decisions decision...lol.

Bottom line is it was well worth the added cost to have JosieLynn design the custom device.

Photo of PK with his new Cherry Keeper w/headlock. Sorry the quality isn't that good (taken with my phone). As soon as the color version arrives I'll take some with PK and post them in our gallery.

JosieLynn Jewell....thank you so much for your help and craftsmanship. Plus putting up with my zillion questions :)

8121.jpg 8122.jpg

Bear20, Digital and Slave-boy like this.
  2. Blue Moon

Blue Moon Long term member

Driver
    Dallas, Tx
    Local Time:
    7:45 AM
    90731ADE-A7D7-4D76-95E9-DB4C2C46E9E1.jpeg 7402E329-FB22-406C-97E5-4F6E2990B6C1.jpeg Ok. Six days and we are very happy with our Cherry Keeper. My wife wanted less access so JosieLynn designed the Total TouchStop model with only the front slit open. It is clean, dries easily, freakin’ comfortable and lightweight. Seriously, we have tried everything from the old CBX000 series, three steel cages including a MM Jailbird and a Lori’s with a piercing, a Neosteel, a couple more acrylics from another company and are now breaking in and adjusting a my-steel. None of them went straight from the box, through the dishwasher and onto me as easily or quickly and remained on from day one as our Cherry Keeper has. I didn’t even have to do any sanding as others have mentioned. I did remove it yesterday for MagicShave time, but then right back on. Last night she asked me if everything was going well with the new cage and when I told her how well, she requested the keys. She now wants a variety of these so she can match them with my outfits. Thanks JosieLynn!!

3. Slave_face

Slave_face Active member

Local Time:
    10:45 PM
    It’s very easy now that you have the white version to dye it yourself.

Just buy the Rit dye and boil it up for half an hour or so.

The info about the dye is on their website.

4. JosieLynn Jewell

JosieLynn Jewell Long term member

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:
    Thanks for the wonderful writeup @Maddie Mae and @Blue Moon - It was a pleasant surprise to see these posted, and I'm glad you're both satisfied with your designs!

As @Slave_face pointed out, you can order the white cage and it will take Dye just fine! Shapeways even has a page about how to do that here: https://www.shapeways.com/blog/arch...ips-hand-dyeing-strong-flexible-plastics.html

The RIT DyeMore product is what you will want to look for, and the RIT web site has a color picker that will tell you how to mix any color of the rainbow!
    Time-wise though, a half hour is a pretty extreme amount of time to leave it in the dye - the longer you leave it in, the darker it will get, so if you want a delicate, light color, you will want to pull it out and check it every couple of minutes to make sure you don't go too dark!

5. Slave_face

Slave_face Active member

Local Time:
    @JosieLynn Jewell half an hour was the time suggested on the dye instructions and was certainly what it took for a consistent color.

I was after deep and bold in any case as I was going red.

The color has faded ever so slightly since wearing and showering in it 24/7 so need to bear that in mind also.

6. JosieLynn Jewell

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:
    What dye product did you use?

7. Slave_face

Slave_face Active member

Local Time:
    D3280F14-040A-4E69-8CE7-F78875B6F809.jpeg EC90D5FA-2F57-4820-A8B8-C32AC8C1A07B.jpeg

8. JosieLynn Jewell

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:
    lol, "Rit Dyemore" would have sufficed - I have a dozen bottles in my work area :)

Their typical application is fabric dying, and note that "Nylon dyes faster" is thrown in there. I did a dark purple dye test, and at 7 minutes is was nearly too dark. Just pay attention if you're doing your own, and check it periodically so you don't go darker than you want.

There's no arguing that your results turned out spectacular though!

9. G42G

G42G Long term member

IT manager
    US, Suburbs of Philly, summers in the PA Poconos
    Local Time:
    I've been using CherryKeeper nearly exclusively for about 9 months now. Once in awhile I get back into metal just for the fun of it. I've had a number of custom pieces done and they are all great. I highly recommend it so much that someone accused me of being shill. No, just a very satisfied customer. Just today I ordered a short cage with total touchstop which was just added after I requested it. Thanks JosieLynn Jewel.

10. JosieLynn Jewell

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:
    You definitely have ordered a few pieces for sure! You do always seem to ask for something I've either tried or plan to do. Sorry to hear someone's questioning your integrity (I guess mine too?) though - I do appreciate your advocacy and speaking well of the product, so thank you!

G42G likes this.
  11. Apfel

Apfel Active member

Retired
    Southeast USA
    Local Time:
    Being able to switch between metal and nylon is great. Josie's products are well made with a reasonable price tag.

I just ordered once again, the good thing is that one can try a variety without having to spurge too much. For once the correct base ring is fitted and you are happy with it no need to order another, let the fun begin. Ordering in different colors, or just plain white for a DIY dye project, or just for different sizes.

No--- sorry I don't receive a discount either - just have taken a liking to Josie's products - keyholder love to put me into the 4th of July one that I painted - now we are waiting for the Halloween design to appear - an assortment is always enjoyable.

Blue Moon likes this.
  12. Maddie Mae

Verified Female

Litigator
    United States, Mid-Atlantic
    Local Time:
    @Slave_face and @JosieLynn Jewell ; thank you so much for the helpful tips and links.

So I gave PK the task of dying his Cherry Keeper yesterday. I chose the Graphite hoping for a shade between gray and black. Well it came out a bit darker than expected, but not terrible either. I'm satisfied with his first ever effort with DIY dying. The device was left in the dye bath for 10 minutes, but may have used a touch more dye than was needed. He was so apologetic as he thought he had failed me. Lesson learned...lol. I figure over time the color may fade some to what I had envisioned. I do like the matte finish that was achieved however.

As an added note...the headlocker option is amazing. It makes sure the glans stays put right where it should be.

8133.jpg 8135.jpg

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  13. zebra

zebra Member

USA- California
    Local Time:
    5:45 AM
    What are sims on the grey model - custom or standard

14. thongs911

thongs911 Junior Member

Local Time:
    JosieLynn Jewell likes this.
  15. JosieLynn Jewell

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:
    Awesome, thanks for sharing! @TSRachelBelle (twitter) has a number of post and videos on Twitter and Manyvids and her OnlyFans page that show it in use as well, but I like what you linked to also!

16. samseaborne

samseaborne Long term member

Slave in training
    Local Time:
    I ordered one today, you are my last hope for success.

17. JosieLynn Jewell

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:
    no pressure there! I hope you find something that works - reach out to me if you find you need something else!

Guest 3972 likes this.
  18. bullyboy8

bullyboy8 Member

Local Time:
    1:45 PM
    Order made. Looks like it'll make an excellent addition to my collection!

19. LockedPom

LockedPom Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    Can I ask in what cases the ergonomical ring is better or worse than the standard ring? Is it just personal comfort?

20. JosieLynn Jewell

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:
    That, and a difference in the ball gap it makes. The stock ergonomic rings curve away from the cage to increase the gap. There are some flat rings that are angled like that as well. As of last week, all rings have specifications to list the gap to the cage so you can compare them.

Peter Rabbit and LockedPom like this.
  21. Jaxon1023

Jaxon1023 Long term member

Local Time:
    7:45 AM
    So while sanding down a new basering to get the surface smooth I’ve found you can take some fine steel wool and run it all over the colored cages and it will really smooth down the texture with no sacrifice to the color. It’s not completely smooth but takes away most of the “gripy” feel.

G42G likes this.
  22. winky dink

winky dink Active member

Local Time:
    Just ordered mine today. My KH can't wait to lock me up in the new cage. Will report back when it arrives

Chaste J. likes this.
  23. Digital

Digital Aspiring Gentleman

IT Analyst
    Hampshire UK
    Local Time:
    Hi, recently been checking out the cherry keeper as they seem to be some awesome and affordable designs.

Will probably invest in a ring set to help with sizing.

I noticed you have a few keysafe designs. Is it possible to have these made in a transparent material to help confirm a key is secured in the safe?

I think I saw you tested one for cages which failed strength testing but wondered if it might work here.

24. JosieLynn Jewell

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:
    Thanks for asking - unfortunately, Shapeways has not made that material available for products on their marketplace to be purchased in. I like your line of thought though - might be pretty intimidating to be able to see the key without having access to it.

Digital likes this.
  25. Digital

Digital Aspiring Gentleman

IT Analyst
    Hampshire UK
    Local Time:
    Oh that's a shame but glad you like the idea. I suppose alternative options would be a design with some sort of bars or a touch stop like window if you decided you wanted to take the see through concept further.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice