Burning under bottom of ring

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by Slave2Steph, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Lady Jessica's Danny

Lady Jessica's Danny In the hands of my Valkyrie

New Jersey, United States
    Local Time:
    7:31 PM
    I'm in agreement. Although I didn't use tape, I went in the same direction; while walking the drugstore isles I came across "Toe Bandages" (bear with me.) The pack had three pieces about three inches each, and each piece was padded and hollow. They are meant to be cut to size and placed over the injured toe.

I bought it and slipped a piece around the u ring in my CB (it slipped right through.) Had it on for a while, no pain, no irritation, no chafing, and no escaping :) They are machine washable and inexpensive, might be worth a look, good luck.

Slut Candy likes this.
  2. Slave2Steph

Slave2Steph Long term member

IT
    US
    Local Time:
    Thanks I will look for those.

3. hardbodysub

hardbodysub BrokeTheMold

Pennsylvania
    Local Time:
    The padding ideas above look good, although none of my devices ever had a "U" ring. Can't slip a tube over a solid ring., would need to cut the tube open.

I used to get the "burn" too, and had the best luck with an anti-chafing balm. I used Body Glide, which comes in several versions of stick form as well as a cream form called Skin Glide. There are many competitive brands that may be just as good.

I'm not sure about the suggestion to refrain from shaving the area. I've tried it both ways, and sometimes it seemed that having hair was comfortable, and other times it seemed that the hair was getting tugged uncomfortably.

Caged4Sazz and Slave2Steph like this.
  4. TheStirringLion

Trainer of Trainers (Fancy Teacher)
    Chicago
    Local Time:
    6:31 PM
    Have you considered maybe it is a sensitivity issue with the material? I found I had that issue with silicone which caused chafing. I am currently using plastic and while I have not gone longer then 8 hours I don’t have the pinching burning. Last lock up I put some beeswax lib balm on the ring and it helped while keeping clean. It is a tough one, but there is something breaking the skin and causing the issue. If lubricant does not work, try a powder. Make sure your skin is fully healed. I am new so I don’t have advanced tips but like any skin injury treatment and care should help. :) hope this helps.

Slave2Steph likes this.
  5. Kenneth Tindle

Kenneth Tindle New member

Local Time:
    I have had this exact problem with a couple of different devices. In all cases, I'm sure the ring was just too small. Currently have a 2 1/4 in. dia. double oval from MM, and get the burns and a pressure mark after 3 days of wear. I'm thinking of 2 3/8 now (after getting the MM site to include this size in the drop-down control.)

But related to this- round or oval? In the case of MM, single or double? With ring(s) that were obviously too small, round left me with pressure marks on the left and right sides (!) However, with 2 3/8 being near 60mm, which finally ought to be large enough, double/single round/oval- I dunno.

BTW, even at 60mm, I'm sure I can't pull the boys through with the cage on- the cage is 1 3/4 I.D. For MM, the set off (or "gap") of 1/2 is required, as the cage bottom arc cut me something fierce (including blood) at 3/8.

6. Slave2Steph

Slave2Steph Long term member

IT
    US
    Local Time:
    This problem would occur on round or oval rings. I typically would get 45mm rings which still were a tiny bit too big because I could get my index finger under well past the first knuckle. I have since switched to this device https://imgur.com/rZrRriQ with great success. I just have to figure out a good cleaning method while wearing it more long term.

7. Squeek

Squeek Member

Local Time:
    I too have been learning about the ups and downs of a new cage. Just got a new Red Chili Chastity Sissy Cage. Really like the design but I too was experiencing the burning sensation. The breakthrough came when I found that I could wear just the ring for several days in a row and not feel any discomfort. Things only got interesting when I added the cage. That is when we figured out that the problem was the gap between the cage and the base ring. It had nothing to do with the diameter of the base ring or the material that was used. The solution is simple. Red Chili offers an Ergonomic base ring that gives more room at the bottom of the ring while maintaining a tight gap.

On the way through my adventure, I discovered that Aloe Vera was a very effective lotion. The burning stopped almost immediately which then gave me time to figure out what was wrong. Aloe Vera is a natural product that heals and soothes. Strongly recommend that you give it a try.

Slave2Steph likes this.
  8. Kenneth Tindle

Kenneth Tindle New member

Local Time:
    I have held off ordering a larger ring because it seems the existing really ought to work, and sometimes does work much better than at other times. Since MM does not offer a "stock" gap wider than 1/2 inch, I wasn't thinking in that direction- but what I have is awfully tight there. Hmmmm.. wonder what MM would say if I asked for a new ring just like what I have but with a gap of 5/8... this is great food for thought.

Is Red Chili indeed still around? There is a recent thread here that implies they might be gone.

Slave2Steph likes this.
  9. becomingkimberly

becomingkimberly Junior Member

Local Time:
    I use Monistat's anti chafing powder gel (in the ladies product section) and that seems to work well for me.

10. Squeek

Squeek Member

Local Time:

I think that the thread that you are referring to is based on old erroneous information. They did shutdown for a few weeks last fall but they came back online pretty much exactly when they said that they would. I have been in direct communication with them and I just looked at their Web site which says that they are going to stop taking new orders because of their existing backlog. That is also consistent with what they told me in a recent conversation.
    http://www.malechastity-devices.com/index.php

Regarding their Ergonomic Ring, here is a link for a different device than what I chose but it does give you a good image of their design which gives you more room at the bottom while maintaining a close gap. When I ordered my device, I had a choice of 4 different gap sizes:
    http://www.malechastity-devices.com/index.php/tarentula

As I already stated, once I moved to this style of ring, all of my discomfort went away almost immediately. In fact, I am considering moving to a slightly smaller diameter ring because the ring that I have sometimes feels a bit too loose.

11. Fred manns

Fred manns Active member

Ontario Canada.
    Local Time:
    I just use nivea from the tube. Make sure I'm shaved smooth and cream up.

Caged4Sazz likes this.
  12. lex_g5

lex_g5 Member

Cook
    México
    Local Time:
    I want to share my experience since it has been a long journey to find my chastity device.

In my case, and of many others too without knowing, the main issue with the burning might not be the ring it self. As Squeek mentioned, the problem appears as you add the cage to the equation. You have to take both in consideration: ring AND cage. One thing on the cage to look for is what Squeek said. The under part of the cage puts pressure to the upper part of the nuts, pushing them down against the ring. That makes the contact between the under skin of the nuts and ring stronger and hence prone to damage. If that distance it’s a bit bigger it can help to reduce the stress put onto the skin.

And now for the new “eye-opener” news: The other thing contributing to the burning is the length of the cage! Yes! as you heard it, the length! How is that possible? Well, you see, we and our keyholder wants it to be really really tight right? And so we go on choosing a small ring and a small cage. The problem with that is that skin might get way too much friction, hence the hurt and burning sensation. Now, the obvious problem with this is that if the ring and cage are too loose then it defeats the purpose, you get out and no control and no fun. So the thing is that you have to find the balance of both. The ring and cage has to meet your personal physiology. And by physiology I mean three things:

1) Your skin resistance. Some people might tolerate more stress on the skin, and to some the sole material of the chastity device might cause irritation or an allergic reaction. Moisture creams and lubes might be of great help here.

2) You scrotum looseness. I mean, are your balls always hanging? That is great news since that skin will be loose and fit well between your cage and ring with no issues. But on the contrary, if you are like me that balls retreat crazy back when cold to the point one ball almost disappear into your body then you will have quite some trouble. The balls will pull back toward the body and crash into the ring and cage. Causing of course a constant trouble with the friction and the burning. Make sure to pull the skin under the ring forward or backward to readjust the skin as has been suggested in this thread. The goal is to have the nuts skin loose enough to allow for your normal daily movements. Such as sitting or walking. Skin cream and lubes help to do the adjustment. Try not to pull that skin when is dry as it will contribute to the soreness and stress given to that part of the skin. Still, if there is no lube available do your best to be gentle and adjust the skin so there is enough loosen skin on both sides of the ring (inward your balls and outward the butthole) as to allow non-stressful movement.

3) Your erection “power”. If you choose a small cage then physics will take business in the matter. And this is why cage length is so important. The erection will pull not only the cage but the ring as well! The duration of the erection struggle can last quite some time as we all know. During all that fight to desperately reach a full erection, the ring will constantly pull and stretch the skin! What will ensure next? Yes: burning. So an slightly bigger cage will do wonders. Try it, you can thank me later.

So, in summary, you will need to try different chastity devices with their different ring and cage sizes until you find the one that fits you. Body creams, lube, and all the tips in this thread will greatly help you along your quest to find the right chastity device.

Start with a somewhat more loose ring and cage and hopefully overtime you will be able to tighten up both as your skin developes more and more resistance, your cock doesn’t fight so much (gives up to its “misery” lol), and you get more used in general.

Hope this helps.

Let’s keep chaste.

13. prien2

prien2 Active member

California
    Local Time:
    4:31 PM
    I don't know why this works but shortly after putting on my cage, I get the burning sensation. lube or lotion was not worked. Try dipping in a hot bath for about 15 minutes. This has worked well for me in conjunction with a little bit of lube..

14. bulgejockx

bulgejockx New member

Local Time:
    I have always had the same issue. Tried all sizes, metal plastic etc etc and always when I’d start getting excited and things got swell up it wasn’t long until I was burning and itching at the base more usually sometimes on the sides too. ANd I trim etc etc tried slot I could think of. Kid you know I’ve purchased iced 40 rings and maybe have 25 left that all still cause some discomfort unless sometimes I wear outise my thong to really pop it out the bulge…. I’d honeslty was like oh well. And then I saw this uniquely shaped ring on Amazon, something I never tried and by looking at it it made sense as is wouldn’t rest on my sac it would be 360 on the base. Sure enough. I ordered it. I was excited when it came in had a good feeling… couldn’t wait so immediately drop trouser and lubed the ring and put it on. It felt incredible like nothing evert before. I was rock hard with excitement of a new feeling within a minute. I’m getting hard right now thinking about it again. Ha. so I’ll also mention that lube helps to get if to the. Base and I found that after lubing up, taking a small cloth and with it grabbing my nut one at a time to pull it thru the hole. Works instantly and then just wipe away excess lube. This cockrinfg is so comfortable I have called asleep wearing it with no pain/side effects just an extremelyyyy hard morning wood.. oh also I’ve found success so with topical analgesic and Hemorrhoid ointment will have you back in play in minutes

15. bemfem

bemfem Long term member

Indiana, USA
    Local Time:
    Burning pain is often associated with a small gap, not just a ring itself. For real comfort, I would recommend going custom. I am caged 24/7 in Jail Bird from MM over a year and love it. I have no issues and no pain. However, it took me some time to design my cage and the gap was one of the hardest for comfort. I started with a large gap as I was high and tight. My scrotum actually stretched quite a bit over a year caged so I downsized the gap. I might downsize my ring too. MM will work with you on customizing your cage. Your length and diameter also has to be right to minimize erection and forces transferred to the ring. I wrote a guide that might help you if your cage is not properly designed:
    https://www.chastitymansion.com/for...for-24-7-cock-cage-wearing.45079/#post-509577

Krystine Kellogg made a podcast about my cock cage guide if you are interested:
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/krystines-flr-podcast/id1529833492?i=1000571210960
    EP: 0241 — https://krystinekellogg.com/podcast.html

Pieterchaste and Slave2Steph like this.
  16. The Queens consort

The Queens consort Long term member

Retired
    Central Indiana
    Local Time:
    Every time I’ve had the burn, I’ve found the skin bunched up and pinched. I tried sizing rings and that’s how I figured it out. The tighter they were, the worse it was. I believe there is a balance to be found between tight and loose. I added 1/8 of an inch to my new Jail Bird ring, over my current 2.25 ring. That’s not very much, but 1/8 less is very uncomfortable.

Slave2Steph likes this.
  17. Yesiwearskirts

Yesiwearskirts Long term member

Local Time:
    Which ring? Got a link?

18. Pieterchaste

Pieterchaste Long term member

Engineering
    South Holland, Netherlands
    Local Time:
    1:31 AM
    For me it’s a combination of material, ring size and gap size…

Resin just don’t seem to work for me.
    The friction of plastic with possible moist building up underneath gives a burn in just a few hours. My best was just under 72 hours in one stretch after when I needed a week recovery!

the gap and ring size go together..
    The diagonal distance between the bottom of the cage and top of the ring vary with ring size as well!

I went custom (steel) and found 10mm (horizontal) gap with a 44mm ring to be the perfect fit.
    With that exact same gap, a 42mm ring (only 2mm diameter difference!) starts to give me the burn!

I went through over a dozen cages and many different configurations over time to find my sweet spot…

Getting to the right size and fit was a journey on itself with lot of measuring, testing, ups-and-downs, patience, effort, time (and money) involved…

19. Caged for life

Caged for life Long term member

Sheetmetal mechanic
    USA
    Local Time:
    Possible the gap is slightly too small, or you just need to work your way up to long term, I actually used a numbing cream oe Vaseline to help me until I got used to it

LittlePikachu619 likes this.
  20. LittlePikachu619

LittlePikachu619 Active member

Local Time:
    I have the same problem with every single cage I have purchased and every size of base ring. If it wasn’t for the burning under the scrotum I feel like I could stay locked up for life. I actually went to a smaller base ring yesterday and I feel like it’s working. Going to work tomorrow will be the main challenge, I have to yet to be able to stay locked up at work due to the burning sensation. I’m allowed to take a key with me for when the burning starts. I’m really jealous of the guys who can stay locked 24/7. I can’t stand the feeling of not having a cage on.

Caged for life likes this.
  21. LittlePikachu619

Local Time:
    I never thought of using numbing cream. I have some Lidocaine ointment that I use for my carpal tunnel syndrome in my wrists. Going to try some right now.

22. LittlePikachu619

Local Time:
    The Lidocaine took the burning sensation away instantly!

23. Caged for life

Sheetmetal mechanic
    USA
    Local Time:
    Go to the drug store and get some aspercream with lidocaine, sometimes all you need is a little help, or Vaseline
    But the lidocaine will slightly numb the area and help you build your tolerance.
    I have been locked 24-7 for about 3 months but it took me almost 2 months to work my way up to it because of the ball burn

24. Caged for life

Sheetmetal mechanic
    USA
    Local Time:
    Perfect

25. Caged for life

Sheetmetal mechanic
    USA
    Local Time:
    Even now I still get a burning now and again so that is how I cope.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice