Gender neutral toilets

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by L-u-c-y, Feb 5, 2018.

1. L-u-c-y

Staff Member Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Verified Female

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    5:32 PM
    I went to a university event at the weekend, the toilet signs had been changed to "gender neutral" instead of male and female. This is the second time I have seen this in the last month at 2 different colleges.

This caused chaos.

Do you think there is a need for this?

Slave to a Goddess likes this.
  2. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    11:32 AM
    I think it’s funny how your average fella gets all worked up about the thought of a guy dressed as a woman in the women’s room, yet have no discernible opinion on a female dressed as a male in the men’s room. It all comes down to an illogical fear that something terrible is going to happen in there with their wife or daughter.

I can’t imagine anything happening from a person who really wants to do everything in their power to fit in and pass as that gender.

So my opinion there isn’t a need for this, pick the bathroom you feel comfortable in and everyone minds their own business.

3. Joan.t

Joan.t Long term member

Part time Mistress
    Rio de Janeiro
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    1:32 PM
    On one place here I have seem a third toilet named All The Rest. This adds to the one that is listed as Family, in total four types of restrooms!

I totally agree, it is an excess of trying to please everybody.

Nicoftime likes this.
  4. danleft1

danleft1 Long term member

South East USA
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    12:32 PM
    2 perspectives on this question ...

1) If it is a transgender discussion / perspective ... then as pointed out who cares get over it ... they are more worried about fitting in then you are

2) Does it mean that a woman is welcome in the men's room and a man is welcome in the women's room , effectively removing the gender label such as the Family restroom. If that is the perspective of the bathroom, then that is a very different take on the restroom ... at least in most situations / countries. I could see this case being difficult for many to accept (people don't like change), but really if the restroom is designed correctly for both sexes ... then it would work ... until the guys get in there and pee all over it (accept those locked up and sitting to pee) and then well that will end it ... lol

5. keyheld

keyheld Member

Hampshire, UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    6:32 PM
    If they have cubicals then I don’t see any problem with it. We now have swimming pool changing areas that are not labelled, just have cubicles.

Joroincharge likes this.
  6. sylvana chastity

sylvana chastity just Syl

Deutschland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    As I am a music-addict I'm still visiting (crowded) concerts a lot - and the line at the Lady's restroom always is so gigantic, that the more clever Girls always will use the "male chambers"!
    I on the other hand wouldn't spent hours to look almost like a Woman (hopefully) to simply visit the Boy's rooms.
    If there were a few more doors (what about "extraterestrials", "neutrals" or "waverers" :D?) it might get a bit confusing (but as well might reduce the lines at the Lady's restroom even more :p).
    So in the end in my opinion: it's not about making a political statement but just about taking a leak! ;)

Breathe likes this.
  7. DonnaSue

DonnaSue Long term member

Retired
    Southeast US
    Local Time:
    Having ventured into the Ladies rooms on several occasions as Donnasue, I can tell you that I was frightened as could be on the first few times. I had envisioned a woman standing at the sink and noticing that I didn't pass very well and starting to scream! What actually happened, though, is that I went directly into the stall, did my business, waited for a lack of activity around the sinks, quickly washed my hands, refreshed my lipstick, combed my hair and departed. Several women there glanced at me and none engaged me in conversation (where my deep voice would have given me away!) Nothing the worse for the wear.

Frankly, I don't understand what all the worry is about. Just as no guy goes about in the Men's room with his penis hanging out, women in the Ladies room don't walk about undressed, either! Nobody's privacy is really at stake!

8. lockit

lockit Advanced Member

London
    Local Time:
    It would work well in CM no need urinals and everyone sitting down.

Breathe likes this.
  9. frankie teardrop

frankie teardrop Long term member

Service Industry
    Oz
    Local Time:
    There has been a gender neutral toilet in the place I work at for about 20 years. It's a busy environment catering to the general public. People don't care. Well, they keep coming back for more anyway!

Actually, I think some deep friendships may have formed because of it!

10. maid_carrie

Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    You cal it "a" gender neutral toilet". Do you mean like in a cafe where there is one toilet available to all? If so that is what one might expect.

However, not quite the same as a communal gender neutral space, I would suggest.

I assume from the OP that it was a toilet room designed for more than one person to use at a time.

I then start to wonder if this could be the death knell for urinal manufacturers. :p Or should communal gender neutral toilets have urinals in them as well?

If it is a threat to urinals, maybe it is time to "make a stand" for the urinal manufacturers?? LOL

Seriously though, at one of the major universities in the UK the admitted to a "significant problem" of sexual assault and harassment with 173 complaints over the last 9 months. Where better for this type of behaviour to occur than in a gender neutral communal toilet facility with cubicles in which to corner someone?

Also, there is a difference between gender neutral and Trans friendly. :)

11. keyheld

keyheld Member

Hampshire, UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I doubt many here would have used a urinal for some time.

guest 2942 likes this.
  12. danleft1

danleft1 Long term member

South East USA
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Funny you say that because on one of the latest US Navy ships that is being built, they did just that removed the urinals and used all toilets ... because ... even though the bathroom would still be male or female, in the future when they may have to reconfigure the ship, they don't want the restrooms to have to be rebuilt ... meaning they are being built gender neutral (no urinal)

13. maid_carrie

Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    This may be FAKE NEWS but I’m sure I read that there were plans for all male US Navy personnel to wear Chastity cages in the near future - it all fits now ;)

And now back to the original post :)

14. Beck

Beck Banned

Local Time:
    Is there a need to acknowledge an otherwise unseen minority, I think is what you are really asking. I have, as I am sure others too have noticed your skirted:p disapproval of gender non conformists. It has even made me wonder, could you, Goddess Lucy be hiding a penis somewhere? haha! JK! o_O;):) So to answer your question- why not? Chaos?
    The chaos you speak of, I wonder, was this social interaction? Yikes! That sounds scary!! :p:p:p

15. Joroincharge

Joroincharge Lock em up - 24/7/365!!

England
    Local Time:
    I have no problem with them at all. I don't see them that often in public places though.

16. Turma

Turma Long term member

systemadministrator
    Germany - near Hannover
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Too have gender toilets is one of our developments of history.

Even than your in the woods you choose other timing and or places to get your rest done. This is because you don't want everyone to see your genitals or listening to the sound of you know :) so no it isn't better to have gender neutral toilets.

A place there woman and man are under their gender us sometimes a real benefit

17. keyheld

keyheld Member

Hampshire, UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    You’re saying that men and women can’t be in cubicles next to each other?

18. Turma

Turma Long term member

systemadministrator
    Germany - near Hannover
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    No I say that most of people prefer sometimes to stay at their gender in front.

19. Joan.t

Joan.t Long term member

Part time Mistress
    Rio de Janeiro
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    1:32 PM
    It is just comfortable in an intimate moment being sure that only people of your own sex is around.

20. permanentslave

Local Time:
    being permanently locked in chastity and therefore having to always sit when going to the bathroom, it obviously has no problem with gender neutral restrooms that have walled "stalls".

21. squier

squier Junior Member

tech consultant
    Germany, the wild south
    Local Time:
    Minorities often need some special conditions . Thats partial OK.
    But I´ve got the feeling minorities more and more rule the live of majorities.

This gender neutral thing will sooner or later lead to lurking (and more?). Then something like "me too" comes up and the owners of toilets will be forced to have security on each toilet, (of course a person without gender or in substitute a male one and a female one). This besom will hit the gender toilets because of equality of treatment. These costs lead to pay for every toilet use, gender or not gender, and the future discussion will be how shocking expensive it became over the years to use a toilet.
    Some investors will establish special companies for toilet guarding, licenses, approvals and so on must be invented to guarantee safe toilet use. The security people regulary will declare strikes ....... a new economy is born ;)

We produce luxury problems on and on without solving the simlpe ones.
    It seems to me people like to complicate their life otherwise it isnt worth to live.

22. Roger Perry

Roger Perry Member

Local Time:

23. Jasmic68

Jasmic68 Long term member

Early retirement
    UK Midlands
    Local Time:
    10:17 PM
    Get rid of the stinky, nasty urinals and have stalls. Have an area away from the toilets to wash and dry hands. Simple. Why on earth worry who is in the stall next to you?

That said I do remember a very funny conversation i had at work a few years ago about who used the staff loo’s to do a number 2. All the guys were talking about going in with a newspaper and letting rip, the women said that they would rather use a cork than go anywhere near the toilets.

24. Roger Perry

Roger Perry Member

Local Time:
    Dear Miss Lucy,
    I am dead against Gender Neutral Toilets and heres for why; If you get a man going into a Female Toilet its likely to be noticed but less so with Gender Neutral; and thats where the problems begin because if a rapist goes s into one of these toilets as the Lady is going in he could push her inside with hands over mouth and do what he likes without her being able to protest. This idea is extremely dangerous to Women and also for men because they can be accused of rape very easily. I used to be a Traffic Warden many years ago and a Lady invited me to go into a Lady's toilets because she was worried about a man going in there. I went in and it was apparently empty but obviously i could n't knock on the cubicle doors because it might have alarmed any women in there and even if there was a man inside he was n't likely to announce himself anyway or unlock the door.

This idea in one of the Multitude of ideas that have been spouted by the European Union who want a Gender Neutral Society. Its all part of the big picture to promote World Depopulation and if you do n't believe me than look up United Nations Agenda 21 or Agenda 2030 on YouTube and you will see loads and loads about it .

DonTrump is very Anti The New World Order ( One World Corporate controlled Government ( That why he is hated ) such as promoted by such people like the Obarmys and Hiliarys of this World and when the Truth finally comes out most people will be shocked to core about what crimes they are responsible for.

do n't expect you to know, understand or agree with what im saying but i have gay friends of both sexes and they too for the most part have gone along with the Popular Politically Correct fashions of the day. My friend ( Lesbian) says i have gay tendencies and i whilst i would not argue too strongly with that i am too heterosexual to make me change.

Please do your research on YouTube because you will never get any Truth from Politicians and whilst there are plenty of pitfalls to be aware of on you Tube also they are by fat the most informative media to gain any true semblance of reality from. Most people who watch a great deal of Television will be ignorant Of World affairs because Politicians make sure they are.
    The EU is a Dictatorship in the making because the Elites who manage and control it are unelected unlike the MEPs who basically are given a Voting box with a 'YES' /' NO' button to press and Are ADVISED WHICH WAY TO VOTE !!!

Why ; you might well ask are they advised which way to Vote?

Because the Finer Details of the Laws that they are putting their names to are far too complex for them to understand let alone leave time for them to wade through reams and reams of folders book and extensive literature. The Audit books of the EU have not been properly signed off for about 25 years now and thats because any Chartered Accountant worth his salt knows that once you put your name to an Audit you can be sent to Prison for any illegalities yourself. I should know because my best friend is a Chartered Accountant !

If you think that we have not all been brainwashed at some time or other by the media and Politicians then you and everyone else too ,most certainly have been....

Take some advice please. Do n't take my word for it .Do the Research.

A great man once said that Contempt before Investigation is the Height of Ignorance.
    Please Google that quote too.

25. tiemeupalso

tiemeupalso Long term member

texas
    Local Time:
    the EU is trying to do with politics what Hitler tried with military force.
    the politicians are just too stupid to see it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice