Round ring or oval ring

Discussion in 'CB Range' started by Bear20, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Bear20

Bear20 Long term member

Retired Military
    Indiana, USA
    Local Time:
    7:01 PM
    Greetings all, I am currently in a CB6k I currently use a 45mm ring. Been looking at changing to a cage that offers an oval shape ring. My question is the shape, would I be able to use the oval shape in a 45mm or step up to a 50mm ring?

2. traveler

traveler whatever

Software Developer
    Canada
    Local Time:
    I bought a cheap Chinese cage with an oval ring, 45mm, I found it very comfortable. Much more so than my CB6000s. Especially at morning. I use the same size CB ring.

Bear20 likes this.
  3. Bear20

Bear20 Long term member

Retired Military
    Indiana, USA
    Local Time:
    Thank you, that round ring can cause a bit of issues

4. Vinny

Vinny Locked up again. Starting year 6.

Local Time:
    I have had both types of rings and always found the oval to be more comfortable for me. I thought when I went oval to go to a slightly larger ring but I was wrong. I had to have the rind made smaller. The oval rings are usually measured from side to side so the up/down measurement is slightly smaller. However, you can tolerate the top and bottom being smaller more readily than side to side. I never feel crushed top to bottom, always on the sides.

The best ring on an off the shelf device for me was the Holy Trainer v.2 but I ordered the same size ring as I wore on my CB6000 and it was too big for the HT. I had to buy another ring. As I have learned, every device with a non round ring is built differently. The HT is not strictly oval as it is ergonomically designed. Your ring should be tight enough so that you can just get the tip of a finger between it and your scrotum. Too loose and it will ride up and down your scrotum and chaff you bad. Plus a testicle or two may pop out. Even with my tight ring I have woken up with the cage off of me. Does not happen often, maybe 2-3 times a year but I am not about to change anything because I can comfortably wear my cage every day of the year. It is as noticeable as my Apple Watch is. I am aware of it if I think about it or look at it.

Bear20 likes this.
  5. Guest 9204

Guest 9204 Active member

USA
    Local Time:
    6:01 PM
    Vinny, excellent and informative reply. Was nice to read something from you that was not 5 paragraphs long restating what we all have read so many times. Your experience is welcome and appreciated, so are shorter to the point posts.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice