Edema Problem

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by CZSteve, Oct 8, 2016.

Random Thread
  1. CZSteve

CZSteve Caged Submissive to my Beautiful Wife/KH n2toys

Arlington, TX
    Local Time:
    11:08 AM
    New guy here hoping to work out an edema problem from our initial foray.
    We just started chastity play a few weeks ago, initially purchased a couple cheap Chinese cages to get our feet wet - settled on a Jail House that 'seemed' to fit well.
    Overall length including ring (measured centerline along curve): 85mm / 3-1/2" w/ a 35mm i.d.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01I0 ... =UTF8&th=1

First week wore it for a few days, second week was for 6 days, this past Tuesday I had been in for a solid week when decided to take it off as it seemed I was getting 'puffy' on the underside of my head - had what I assume was a pretty bad case if edema on the underside of my head, behind and off to the right of my frenulum, and a quarter sized area on my shaft a little further down. Took the cage off in the morning, by afternoon things looked better but still noticeable - 24hrs later it's cleared up quite well, I can see some 'slight' noticeable areas but only because I'm looking closely.

My Dims (flaccid - BTW, I'm cut):
    Length (measure top of shaft): 4" / 101.6mm
    Glans Dia & left over foreskin: 1.5" / 38.1mm
    Shaft diameter: 1.25" / 31.75mm

I started out with the 45mm ring but found it would slip down during the day while moving around.
    Moved to the 40mm ring - balls first and have to really squish my head and shaft hard to get thru; initially felt quite tight but got used to it very quickly - no color problems or apparent blood flow concerns. Typical night time burning from erections but that lessened quite a bit after a few days.
    While wearing the cage I noticed I seemed to be ever so slightly kept a bit aroused and pushing up against the bars along my entire shaft (go figure...), on Monday before taking off I was having trouble with my skin pushing thru the bars ALL the time in the area where I had excess skin behind the frenulum - also during this period some evenings my wife would enjoy teasing me to watch me strain against the cage - I LOVED this also [​IMG]

We're both VERY adventurous behind closed doors and even though just beginning we both seemed to really enjoy this new dynamic so far - sincerely hope we can figure this out.
    Even went so far as to ordering a Red Chili Tarantula over the weekend only to cancel on Tuesday morning upon discovering the edema and apparent cage size problem - I had used this cheap cage to match dims for the Tarantula - Aken was quick to refund; hopefully I can figure this out and re-order.

So...
    Is it probably a case of too small a diameter?
    The 40mm ring is tight but does seem too tight as blood flow seems fine and I can just get a finger underneath - I do compress the skin with the finger test if that's relevant.
    Too much too soon regarding amount of time in the cage?

My thought now is to try a middle of the road cage to help nail down the size needed and leaning towards the S/S Spiral from UberKinky - small size which is 100mm overall w/ a cage dia of 39mm.
    http://www.uberkinky.co.uk/spiral-stain ... 92662.html

suggestions?
    Someone on another site suggested open style cages can be part of the problem as they allow expansion thru the rings/bars and changing to a solid tube style cured their edema problems - Thoughts? Maybe a Steelheart cage?
    Both my Wife/KH and I really want to figure this out - sorry for the long post.

Thanks,
    Steve
    CZSteve

2. fdsfdg

fdsfdg Active member

Local Time:
    I've had exactly this problem. You have probably developed a sensitivity to something in the metal cages. Probably nickel, cobalt, or chromium. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19831422

I have several cheap Chinese metal cages, and at some point in the past year I developed this sensitivity as well. I've coated the devices with plasti-dip in an attempt to confirm that they were the problem, and that has greatly reduced the symptoms. I also tried a plastic device and noticed no symptoms (edema, dermatitis). You'll want to change to titanium, or plastic; or confirm exactly what component of the steel you're exposing yourself to is causal, and find a steel without it.

3. fdsfdg

fdsfdg Active member

Local Time:
    I've been doing some more research in an attempt to find a solution to our collective problem and come across this thread in a metal finishing forum. Long story short, some suggest that a yeast infection can present similar symptoms. Boiling the device in vinegar and peroxide is the suggested solution. Let me know if you have any luck with that.

4. fdsfdg

fdsfdg Active member

Local Time:
    See also: This thread at the same forum. http://www.finishing.com/337/77.shtml

5. pokekey

pokekey Long term member

United States, upper left part
    Local Time:
    9:08 AM
    I've had some edema in two devices. Taking them off allows it to subside. Most recently in a Lori device the edema was caused by erections pressing extra hard against the bars. Flared up on a few nights. It would then subside during the day while still in the device. Lori suggested waiting a couple weeks to see if I settle in. No edema for the past couple weeks.

So, maybe something that you can get used to. I would just make sure to always allow it to subside. And I think edema varies highly from person to person.

6. Lockedwithlove

Lockedwithlove I am my Queen's toy

Idaho
    Local Time:
    10:08 AM
    I had the same problem with my holy trainer when I first wore it. For me the dimensions of the tube were to small and I would get the same puffiness as you described. I switched to a steel device that that basically a copy of the steelworks "Looker 02" and started with a 45mm ring which was a "good" fit. I thought things could be a little tighter so I tried a 40 for a night and I ended up with a little edema again so I went back to the 45 and haven't had any problems. I think your 40 mm is prob to tight and I think your inner diameter of your device probably needs to be larger as well. For all the money I spent on the holy trainer and knock off devices I probably should've just saved up for a mature metal device and would have spent the same amount of money. They will work with you to help you with a custom fit. As it stands right now my $32 steel knockoff device works pretty good. It's just about as secure as a ball trap device is gonna get so I'm not sure if I'll spend the extra money on a custom device as well as I'm hoping to be allowed to get a PA piercing in the future and utilize a PA style device.

7. DonnaSue

DonnaSue Long term member

Retired
    Southeast US
    Local Time:
    If you are going to try the "boil it in vinegar and peroxide", it might be a good idea to take it off first! TeHe!

8. CZSteve

Arlington, TX
    Local Time:
    Thanks for the replies. I've been unlocked for 9 days now.
    Frustratingly one spot has been very stubborn; over the last few days I've been wearing a couple band-aids wrapped around to compress - it'll get better and then return, however I've had the band-aids off for several hours tonight and seems to be subsiding.

I've wondered the same regarding both the cage ID and ring ID - the 45 would slide down too far and the 40 was very tight; a 42mm would probably be just right.
    Torn between the previously mentioned S/S Spiral from UberKinky VS a full on custom.
    One thought process I have is to go mid-range w/ the Spiral which will at least be all stainless and comes with a 40 & 45 ring - I could always rig a steel cable to lock around my waist as I had seen done by someone else on another forum. I'd be out ~ $115 but figured that may be worth it to verify before committing to a custom.

Lockedwithlove likes this.
  9. keephimcaged

Verified Female

UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    5:08 PM
    Hubby made a very good point on how to see if it's the metal, or the ring size causing the problem. Wear the ring only overnight. If you have slight edema everywhere then it's simply the restricted flow the ring causes, mainly while having night time erections, and in fact the cage keeps that down! If you only get soreness where the ring is then it'll be something in the metal.

10. CZSteve

Arlington, TX
    Local Time:
    Following up for more input if y'all don't mind.
    Sorry for the long post but trying to be detailed and really looking for some added insight.

The Stainless Spiral from UberKinky has worked relatively well to at least take care of the edema concern.
    Started cautiously and just recently went two solid weeks without the cage being removed at all until this past Saturday - upon removing after the two weeks everything looked perfectly fine.
    This cage is not quite perfect and looking to move to a custom from either Red Chili or Mature Metal - bouncing back and forth, my Wife likes the look of the Tarantula from Red Chili and it's a better price point but also heavily considering Mature's Jailbird.

Looking for some input from y'all to help evaluate.
    My specs again for convenience - BTW, I'm very much a grower FWIW.
    My Dims (shortest flaccid - BTW, I'm cut):
    Length (measure top of shaft): 3-3/4" / 95.25mm
    Length (measure under shaft): 3-1/4" / 82.55mm
    Glans Dia: 1.5" / 38.1mm
    Shaft diameter: 1.25" / 31.75mm

First choice is the Red Chili Tarantula and torn on cage diameter.
    Planning:
    - 43mm A-Ring
    - 80mm cage length (maybe 85mm)
    - 6mm gap (originally planned on 8mm but current cage is ~ 7mm and is fine)
    - 35mm or 40mm cage diameter???

Current cage is a 39mm id - when flaccid there's a fair amount of 'wiggle' room along sides.
    Bent the post so bottom gap is 7mm, but top gap opens up to a massive 19mm - my left testicle has actually slipped thru as a result of the upper gap.

Older cheap cage was a 35mm id that felt good, especially when being teased with more intense straining.
    Older cage caused significant edema problem but I was also wearing a 40mm A-Ring with the older cage and not sure if the chrome plated cheap cage also contributed to the edema.

I like the size option of the 43mm A-Ring from Red Chili but like the cage ID of 38mm (1.5") from Mature Metal, MM's ring would probably be a 44.45 (1.75") - once again, my Wife/KH likes the Tarantula better given all else is equal.

Cutting to the chase and assuming a Red Chili Tarantula
    Recommend a 35 or 40 mm cage id?
    If I go 35 for the cage and 43 for the A-Ring is that a concern for the horizontal gap section?
    Is an oval ring 'squashed' vertically so it's tighter top-bottom?
    I 'assume' my initial edema problem w/ the cheap cage was a result of too small of the 40mm ring - How much of a 'possibility' will a 35mm cage ID impact edema concerns assuming the 43mm A-ring if correct for me?
    Note: I've been using a stainless braided cable wrapped in vinyl and swaged loops on the ends to wrap around my waist and locked to the cage post - this has worked beautifully to keep the 45mm A-Ring high-n-tight.
    I feel like I should gave a bit tighter a ring compared to the current 45mm; planning on still using the waist cable and guess I could do a 45mm A-ring also concerned a 45 A-ring w/a 35 cage would be too much of a vertical gap.
    Also - input on round VS oval A-Ring?

Input?
    Thanks for your time.

11. wasaboy

wasaboy Member

Local Time:
    7:08 PM
    So, got new cage and it causes edema buildup. Should i continue to keep my cage on as it doesnt cause any pain or discomfort or anything?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice