Hi :) and another newbie here.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by lemontree, Nov 11, 2015.

1. lemontree

lemontree Member

Local Time:
    7:16 PM
    I'm shopping around for my first cage to take the initiative so I'll already have a key to give to someone special.

I see that legit cages are all in the $150 range. I tried to look for genuine cages at a discounted price, but I don't think any of them are real and obviously I don't want a knockoff.

I just want something that won't break and hurt me. I thought CB-X would be the only option at first because that's all I knew, but then I saw some other companies through this forum.

Now I'm looking at holytrainer, bon4, and birdlocked (they all take paypal). They all look appealing. But then I even saw that bon4 was accused of being a birdlocked knockoff? Or that was years ago? I didn't really get it and I just feel fed up, like this shouldn't be that hard. I just want something in transparent silicone that wasn't made in China. Are those 3 options all okay for a starter? I'm leaning towards one but I won't mention it because then this thread wouldn't be a blind experiment.

And I might have to get a small, but that's another thread.

Thanks and nice to meet you all.

2. SubVerity

SubVerity Still the mansion's fairy godmother. ;)

London
    Local Time:
    11:16 AM
    Hi there and welcome to the Mansion.

It doesn't really matter which plastic cage you get, as you'll probably end up getting a metal one shortly after. Reason being the plastic ones get really smelly and you can get bored of having to unlock every three days.

Metal ones from cheapy land can be perfectly ok, so for me as a first device I'd be browsing DHGate and spending £30, or getting a Holy Trainer - cos they are really comfortable to wear.

I'd also be keeping my eye on the Vault here for 2nd hand units from Mature Metal or Steelworxx. If they were the right diameter but the wrong length you might be able to shorten them, depending on your skill. Or you could just make a spacing plug from polymorph to give a better fit.

3. Felix cum ea

Felix cum ea Vanilla Chaste

Belgium, Antwerp
    Local Time:
    12:16 PM
    Changed from a cb 2k to HT and wear it know for almost 6 months and I’m very satisfied

Indeed cleaning every 3 days or so,

Rachael_ likes this.
  4. lemontree

lemontree Member

Local Time:
    Okay and thanks. Right now I just can't really see myself wearing something metal, but I'll think about that too.

5. MistressPhedre

MistressPhedre Long term member

Local Time:
    4:16 AM
    Welcome!
    My husband wears a metal cage, after having 2 or 3 plastic cages for years. Metal cages are much better, in my opinion. But everyone is different. Good luck!

richard likes this.
  6. maid jessica 43

maid jessica 43 Long term member

US
    Local Time:
    6:16 AM
    Welcome...curtsey

7. lemontree

lemontree Member

Local Time:
    Maybe I'll start with a cheapland metal one and go from there then. I know metal isn't going to break. I just always had this feeling like nails on a chalkboard when I imagined putting metal near that area of my body.

Are you having to clean silicone ones more because they're silicone or because they're tubes? I notice some of the metal ones are like tubes. Are those not advisable? They look more cozy, but on the other hand, the ones that look like jail cells allow you to see more of what's going on inside. Is hygiene not an issue between those two styles?

8. Gianni Smith

Gianni Smith Member

Local Time:
    6:16 AM
    Newbie as well I had the CB-6000s which is a great starter device. The cleaning is a pain in the ass regular showering will not cut it after a few days you will have to take it off and clean it well.. My mistress just ordered https://www.extremerestraints.com/chastity-devices_26/the-asylum-chastity-device_7352.html maybe thats an option for you. The price was great for us and I heard its pretty well made as well as stainless which is most important with steel devices. hope that helps

Errant likes this.
  9. lemontree

lemontree Member

Local Time:
    Yes, I've just discovered people report problems with rust in cheap devices advertised as stainless steel. That cage looks interesting sans the urethral thing. I have a cheapo on the way so I'll see what my needs are after that.

10. subhubbybi

subhubbybi Junior Member

Local Time:
    3:16 AM
    I have a metal one and love it.

11. SubVerity

London
    Local Time:
    The cheap ones that rust probably are still stainless steel. There's various grades from having a bright surface but will rust a bit if in a moist and salty environment, to full-on marine-grade that is designed to spend it's life in the sea.

The human crotchal area is oft regarded as being both moist AND salty, so it's no surprise that the lesser stainless steel devices might oxidise a bit. Still, even if you replace the cheaper ones every 2 or 3 months you can still be saving money. Cheaper than measuring wrongly for a Lori that's for sure!

12. Jasmic68

Jasmic68 Long term member

Early retirement
    UK Midlands
    Local Time:
    4:01 PM
    I prefer the weight of metal devices but haven't found one that fits. I am in a Holy Trainer but have only had it since Thursday. Eventually I want a custom made metal device. My problem though is I run, swim and go the gym and my limited experience of metal devices means I am happier with the HT. I am taking it off to wash for the first time tomorrow.

The Holy trainer has taught me that I prefer solid rings to hinged ones. Hinged rings pinch like crazy and have broken my skin leaving painful sores.

Rachael_ likes this.
  13. lemontree

lemontree Member

Local Time:
    It got here today! The ring size wasn't as advertised, but apart from that it seems nice and cozy. Metal isn't so bad either. I can see the appeal. Anyway, I'm guessing there's no DIY ring narrowing techniques.

14. lemontree

lemontree Member

Local Time:
    On second look, the ring is as advertised, just too big for me. Big surprise. :p I can see why custom metal is popular.

15. SubVerity

London
    Local Time:
    Wrap it in polymorph? The nice thing about polymorph is you can try it again and again until you get something your happy with.
    Comes in white but you can colour it. There's also coolmorph which melts at a lower temperature - that might be more comfortable to deal with seeing as you'll be heating the ring in hot water each time you want to re-mold it.

16. lemontree

lemontree Member

Local Time:
    Oh, okay. I'll keep it around for possible modding. I can also get another ring probably. But I don't want to put anything more into it now. I'll probably get a birdlocked mini 40mm next because they seem good but inexpensive. I like the triangular ring, too - seems better vs. pulling out. Holytrainer is also promising but doesn't seem that much more compelling for the price increase. I also see mass-produced quality steel like Bon4M, but then I wonder why someone would get metal at that price instead of springing for a custom fit.

17. zebra

zebra Member

USA- California
    Local Time:
    3:16 AM
    Holy Trainer 2 easy to clean with liquid soap and sponge swab (small sponge on an plastic stick) works well cleaning the tube

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice