Itching only after the belt comes off: WTF?

Discussion in 'Full Belts' started by Stargazer, May 18, 2015.

1. Stargazer

Stargazer Active member

Bedfordshire, UK
    Local Time:
    8:39 AM
    Hi,

Over the last several weeks, I've noticed an annoying pattern emerging and I'm hoping someone can offer some insight for me.

I have an unbranded full-belt with an internal tube. The lower half of the tube is stainless steel, the top half is a home-modded acrylic-plastic tube that fits perfectly onto the metal bit to make it a little longer.

For a great many months, there was no problem at all. However, the last couple of times the belt has come off for the wife and I to do some babymaking, I've had the most awful itch on my testicles that has stopped me from sleeping.

I've tried some kind of somthing-cortizone cream, anti-hystamines, ice packs, washing with soapy water, washing with plain water and nothing makes it go away. It's only 12hours or so later, after maybe 2hours of sleep (having got to the point where my body shuts down, depserate for even a tiny bit of rest) that it tends to go away.

Just to make sure it wasn't a case of being allergic to sex (god forbid), I went without the belt over the weekend, we did a bit more of the in-out-in-out last night and I had no itching at all.

Hygeine has been good; no redness, swelling or blotches of any kind. I've not changed anything that I can think of without deep hypnosis regression therapy and... Well... I'm at a loss.

Has anyone else got any experience with situations similar to this or care to poke a guess my way. I'll accept pure fiction at this stage so long as it's pretending to be factual. Don't like the idea of being unbelted, but may have to consider it. Can't give up on the babymaking and neither can I sacrifice my sleep.

Thank you.

2. SteelPants78

SteelPants78 Member

Local Time:
    9:39 AM
    Could you have nickel allergy or sensitivity? Perhaps few months was enough to get sensitive on nickel. Betting my money on that the belt is of cheaper variety, the steel is only of 304 grade, not the 316 grade commonly known as "surgigal steel". 316 grade, even though it also contains nickel, is much more skin and allergy friendly.

3. Stargazer

Stargazer Active member

Bedfordshire, UK
    Local Time:
    Very interesting... I wasn't familiar with the different grades of steel. And you're bang-on with the belt being a budget one.

Given that you clearly know what you're talking about, I'm not going to challenge you, but if I may, I would like to ask for clarification on this point: If it is an allergy, would I not be affected whilst wearing the belt? Why only when it comes off? Or is it something to do with the air reaching the skin after being in contact with the metal for so long?

4. SteelPants78

SteelPants78 Member

Local Time:
    9:39 AM
    That's a very good question.. why it appears only after taking it off. This only goes to speculation and your point about air contact might be the case. Also, if you go wash with soap there might be some chemical reaction with nickel (or something that came off from the belt). But I'm just guessing here.

One point about steel grades.. Even though steel can fulfil the requirements to be either 304 or 316 grade, there is plenty of wiggle room for "ingredients" like nickel. Like 304 is usually non-magnetic (316 with even bigger probability) but sometimes can be. Neosteel claims to make their belts from 316 (sometimes also called V4A) steel but my-steel only from 304 (or V2A). Maybe my-steel owners can report here? Their penis tubes appear to be uncoated, having metal finish.

Stargazer likes this.
  5. Wendygirl

Wendygirl To offer advice and keep CM safe and welcoming

gardener
    London
    Local Time:
    Hi
    I doubt very much if it's the belt or the in particular the grade of steel. 316 vlm is the preferred grade for body jewellery and implementation and it's quite high in nickel and chromium. Lots of work was done 20 years ago when various health services were trying to shut down the growing body piercing industry.

However the cause of almost allpiercings that went wrong was poor hygiene or none stainless jewellery ie low caret golds or none hallmarking silver.
    It was found very difficult to get any kind of reactions to nickel even when people wore samples next to the skin for days .

As your reaction is only when it's off and thus you skin is contact with your clothes I would suspect your washing powder .

Xx Wendy

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice