Recommendation: Solid but with a hinged ring

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by PrfHawker, Jun 16, 2014.

1. PrfHawker

PrfHawker Member

Local Time:
    7:38 PM
    I'm trying to find the right cage for me. I'm a Dominant personality and looking for my own cage for play and for such things as dares with others into chastity, not to hand keys over to a Mistress or Key Holder.

What I'd like, ideally, is something like the Jail House I have now (rigid post at the top for the lock, and two posts to hold it together) because it keeps the space between the cage and the ring fixed and short. But I'd also like a hinged ring to so that I can get it on and off a bit more easily. I'm keeping an eye to the idea of it coming off "in a hurry" when my wife decides she's done with the back rubs and the foot rubs and is ready to play with "our" toy. I like the fit around the balls for the Jailbird, but I like the ease I've got with the in and off of the "what ever this is" (http://www.extremerestraints.com/chastity-devices_26/stainless-steel-chastity-cock-cage_2260.html)

I'm trying to find something that splits the difference, ideally at a low point of entry as I'm still learning the ropes. Thoughts?

2. Wendygirl

Wendygirl To offer advice and keep CM safe and welcoming

gardener
    London
    Local Time:
    12:38 AM
    Just leave the ring on it will just act like a cock ring and make you really hard.
    Cumming might be a bit different or maybe not at all if its tight.

Xx Wendy

3. PrfHawker

PrfHawker Member

Local Time:
    Oh I appreciate that but what I see looking at the Jailhouse when the cage is off and the ring is on is that there's a metal post pointing out right at where my love's clit would be should we engage in coitus. I'm pretty sure (but not 100% so, admittedly) that she would not enjoy being stabbed repeatedly there during sex with it. So if the cage were to come off, and we were to actually get to some serious play time, the ring would have to come too. Which is hard to do if the ring is tight enough to keep me frm slipping out the back of it accidnetly (as I have with the one I have now, though it only came with the one ring (well not THE one ring because that'd be bad and call Sauron and stuff)).

4. guest 2942

guest 2942 Long term member

Local Time:
    two options i see. turn the ring upside down while still wearing it so the post is down by your balls or ask the maker of the jailhouse if they can make a custom hinged ring for you.

5. hijk

hijk Long term member

Canberra
    Local Time:
    9:38 AM
    The hinged ring sounds good in practice, but most people find that they tend to pinch.

There are a bunch of cheap-ish chastity devices with hinged rings available such as the Asylum cage that Extreme Restraints sells; these are also available on DHGate and AliExpress for much cheaper (but with more chance of poor quality).

Otherwise, Steelwerks Extreme uses hinged rings with its custom devices (but they're very pricey).

Wendygirl likes this.
  6. PrfHawker

PrfHawker Member

Local Time:
    Asylum Cage... okay I'll look into that next. And they can pinch a bit. For me "long term" is longer than a few hours, as I'm really into this more for what my wife I can do with short term play. A little pinching is fair game for me in that time period. In the grand scheme of thing if I were in the group where taking the cage off meant I was likely soft and up for a long night of being unlocked I would not have a problem with the solid ring. But from what I've noticed about the cages (and what my own fantasies allow for), I'm expecting the cage to be removed while good and tense and itching to get out of it, which will also make the ring harder to get off.

I know this puts me in a smaller populations but I was having a hard time finding a good "starter" device that fit this bill...

Thanks for the tips!

7. PrfHawker

PrfHawker Member

Local Time:
  8. guest 2942

Local Time:
    I'm no expert but it looks like a stainless steel version of the CB 3000 which was never made. Must be a knock off made by someone else. You can get something similar with a hinged ring from BON4 at http://www.bon4.com/bon4m-metal-chastity-belt/. Hope that helps.

9. I LOVE my Choice!

I LOVE my Choice! Long term member

Western Australia
    Local Time:
    7:38 AM
    Hey there!

@ineverknew is correct I think.... Is definately a CB3000-style product....

That model was superceded by the cb6000 range...

All the Cb-x devices are plastic....

There are numerous steel knock-offs on DHGate, for example: http://www.dhgate.com/product/small...k-cage-metal/188066705.html#s2-10-1|698337275

And... I have seen a black CB3000 knock-off with steel pins on ebay's uk site....

The CB3000 was a pioneering device by all accounts!!!! I had one too!

But if it's steel you want I think you're gonna have to go Chinese knock-off or bespoke....

Good luck with your search!

With the absolute kindest regards.

J.

10. Wendygirl

Wendygirl To offer advice and keep CM safe and welcoming

gardener
    London
    Local Time:
    12:38 AM
    Why do you call them knock offs .
    As far as I can see and what some people have said the devices comming out of China are perfectly good products in there own right and at very affordable prices.

The price of some of the plastic ones I think are so unbelievably over priced as to be a pixx take. Especially as some only last a few weeks .

Xx Wendy

I LOVE my Choice! likes this.
  11. I LOVE my Choice!

I LOVE my Choice! Long term member

Western Australia
    Local Time:
    7:38 AM
    Hey Wendy love!

I see many of these Chinese models as knock-offs because they seem to be clear copies of someone else's designs! ;)

Some even use the established names of the CB3000 and CB6000, amongst others!!!!

As to their quality... I wear the A080!!!! And I think it's very good too!!!!

I agree (and have said before) these Chinese devices are a great starting point for chastity.... if not simply because of their price!!!

With the absolute kindest regards.

J.

Wendygirl likes this.
  12. guest 2942

Local Time:
    @Wendygirl , the chinese knock offs are poor quality and workmanship though I guess it all depends on what you want to pay. They do serve a good purpose though by being a good entry level device. When one gets serious about chastity only quality inescapable steel works for sure!!

13. hijk

hijk Long term member

Canberra
    Local Time:
    9:38 AM
    Or titanium... ;-)

Depending on the actual device, some are of a reasonable quality (note that they're often labelled with premium names and sold by various fetish/kink adult toy sellers).

14. PrfHawker

PrfHawker Member

Local Time:
    I appreciate the commentary on the quality of the sources. It does look like the Bon4 is exactly what I want (or as close as I've found so far) but the problem is that:
    • I'm only caged when alone at home because my wife still thinks its weird and doesn't want to see me in cage
    • I'm still learning what I like, how long I want to be caged for, and what fits me.
    • I'm on a budget since we have two kids, mortgage etc.
    • It's possible that in a few months I'll just toss them all in the Sex Toy Drawer never to be touched again because my wife never came around and it's just not worth it in such short spurts where I can.
    • I'm still mostly Dominant which means that it's unlikely I'll ever be locked up too long at a stretch so the investment into really high quality may not be worth it.
    So with those constraints I'm a little leery of dropping what amounts to 4 new XBox games on a sex toy that may get only a few dozen hours of use. :)

But.... who knows? Maybe we find a way to make this part of our lives and warrant the expenditure.

15. guest 2942

Local Time:
    @PrfHawker , Then I would try a cheap chinese device and see how things go before spending lots of money. My experience has been not so good with the cheap devices as far as fitting comfortable for long term (something i desire). If it becomes more serious then spend the big bucks on something like mature metal or steelworxx. You can always buy a used device also and save some money. People are always selling the custom devices on here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice