Cage Diamater JB vs CB6k

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by WantingInsider, Mar 23, 2014.

1. WantingInsider

IT
    Wet coast of Canada on an island
    Local Time:
    7:22 PM
    Hi everyone,

Can anyone with experience share how a Jailbird with an 1 3/8" cage diameter feels versus a CB6000? I find the CB6000 to be a bit too tight, though this may be due to the adhesiveness of the plastic. I'm tempted to go with an 1 1/2" cage diameter on my JB, but am scared that that might be too big.

EDIT: The JB I'm about to order will be either 2 1/4" or 2 1/2" long, so I'll be stuffed a fair bit more than in the longer CB6k.

Thoughts?

Thanks everyone,
    HS

2. mistressmaturemetal

Texas
    Local Time:
    8:22 PM
    I am worried that the cage diameter will be too big. If you are not poking through the vent holes most all of the time in your 6000 then you may want to stick with the 1 3/8". Just a suggestion, all measurement decisions are your.

3. subdomain

subdomain Active member

Local Time:
    10:22 PM
    Stick with 1 3/8". I almost made the mistake of ordering the larger diameter because I had the same thoughts you are having.

If you can wear the cb-6000, you shouldn't have any problems with the same diameter in a jailbird.

4. WantingInsider

IT
    Local Time:
    Thanks so much for the replies. @subdomain: Does your JB at 1 3/8 feel roomier than your 6k?

Thanks everyone,
    HS

5. Nostromo

Nostromo Long term member

New York City area
    Local Time:
    I tried a holy trainer with a 1-3/8 inche tube abd it was too tight to wear at all. Ordered a 1-1/2 inch JB, which fit fine. It stands to reason that a mor eopen design liek a JB could work at a smaller diameter than closed tube. I did really well by following the MM instructions. I actually used teh smaller of the measurign rings to measure for diameter.

6. WantingInsider

IT
    Local Time:
    Thanks for the reply Nostromo. I too am using the smaller rings to measure the cage diameter. I've found the CB6k to be annoyingly tight. The sock trick is the only way to put it on. Further to that I find that when I recede I'm unable to return to a normal length due to the constricted diameter of the CB6k.

May I ask what size of base ring are you using? Any regret choosing to go with a 1 1/2" instead of the 1 3/8"?

Thanks everyone,
    HS

7. subdomain

subdomain Active member

Local Time:
    I have a queen's keep and I think it's a little roomier. Maybe you could ask MM if there is an in-between size.

If you use lube in your cb-6000, can you fit comfortably? The main thing that would signal the diameter being too small, in my opinion, is if the urethra feels restricted when urinating (in a flaccid state) or if you feel any soreness. Obviously if you are bulging through the holes when flaccid that would be another indicator.

8. Urcatcher

Urcatcher Active member

Local Time:
    I wore a CB6000 (1&3/8") cage diameter for a period of two months and it was never comfortable. My skin bulged through those idiotically designed"vents" of the CB6000 cage. I tried all kinds of combinations of different base rings, different pin lengths / gap sizes, using lube etc. etc. after 2 months, I opted for a custom fit jailbird. The CB device pinched, caused soreness, and was always terrible for hygiene. Using MMs sizing guidance and their sizing rings I went to an MM jailbird and actually went smaller (1&1/4" cage diameter) and it is very comfortable even though smaller than the CB6000 cage. The CB devices are plastic and there is much more skin contact and more friction compared to the stainless steel & more open jailbird design. The jailbird base ring is solid (not hinged), it is stainless steel (not smelly sticky plastic) and it is round with no edges. These features make it much more suitable for long term wear than a hinged plastic, enclosed device that splits along its seam. I wear the jailbird 24/7 for a month at a time (mistress lets me out briefly once a month for shaving and for play) and I have done so now for close to a year. I could never stand being in the CB6000 for more than 3 days.

9. N23orMore

N23orMore Long term member

Local Time:
    ihat is great to hear Urcatcher. My JB is in transit as we speak and looking forward to having a good 24/7 fit. Have you noticed anything different, better about sleeping at night and not having to get up as much with the JB? Between the constant getting up to pee and more often than not pinching sometimes to the point I want to rip the CB6000s off of me during the night, I am hoping the new JB will somewhat eliminate most of those problems. I do not mind getting up a couple of times, but 4-6 sometimes is really creating a problem with sleep deprivation. The nights I was allowed to leave it off I slept like a baby most if not all not without having to get up and pee.

10. Urcatcher

Urcatcher Active member

Local Time:
    The jailbird has always been comfortable to sleep in and has never caused me any discomfort at night. I had the sleep interruption issues you speak of when I wore a CB6000.

11. locked120

locked120 manToy

Musician
    Local Time:
    8:22 PM
    I went with the 1 and 3/8 after considering the next size up..
    Glad on the whole that I did..
    Because of the constuction, the interior is about a 1/16 wider than
    the rings ...
    Re morning erection attempt discomfort ... It's hit and miss
    .. Some nights no sleep interruption.
    However some nights I get some skin folding etc..
    Less frequent with the Mature Metal
    than the cbk series for sure...
    Best of luck with the device ...
    Very very happy with mine!

12. Reltsihw

Reltsihw Member

Local Time:
    I have to say, pay close attention to the cage diameter. I didn't have that luxury when I bought mine off of someone from this site. Mine is probably anywhere from .25 to 3/8" too wide.

13. Nostromo

Nostromo Long term member

New York City area
    Local Time:
    I am using a 2 inch base ring and a 3/8 inch gap. The 1-1/2 inch cage diameter fits well, so no regret, but then my 1-3/8 inch Holy Trainer tube (which I needed the sock trick to get into) made my penis go numb.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice