Chafing issue jail bird

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by lockedsub, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Wendygirl

Wendygirl To offer advice and keep CM safe and welcoming

gardener
    London
    Local Time:
    2:48 PM
    Have you ever tried the shaving oil or king of shaves .
    Also tee tree oil diluted post shave can't remember the dilution but as a face wash .
    Barber rash can be a real problem but even worse on your boy bits.
    Xx Wendy

2. Harry Haversackers

Harry Haversackers Horny Old Goat

Local Time:
    8:48 AM
    I tried tee tree oil, but it didn't do much. Besides, I can't stand the smell of it.

3. lockedsub

lockedsub Junior Member

Tennessee
    Local Time:
    I talked with William at Mature Metal and he feels the chafing is due to the ring moving too much.

We are going to try a smaller ring or gap. I'll let you know. My wife is quite anxious to find a solution as am I. Though honestly It's easier to say that when I'm not locked up.

Littlejt1 likes this.
  4. Reltsihw

Reltsihw Member

Local Time:
    9:48 AM
    i am having to go up and 1/8 in size for the basering and I'm worried they'll be too much movement..

5. Littlejt1

Littlejt1 Long term member

Texas
    Local Time:
    7:48 AM
    Well I've let the hair grow some and employed a different routine and things are better.

That being said, I want back into the jailbird last week and continue to have some chaffing issues at the top (base of the penis) and around a bit to the 2 and 10 o'clock positions. I use moisturizer every morning then put a little baby oil gel around. I tried going "dry" the other day and wasn't too bad...can't determine if I 1.need a smaller base ring 2. Need a larger base ring, or 3. Keep what I have and figure out how to keep the chaffing down. Or maybe even a double base ring would work better.

I'm open for suggestions. In general it's comfortable to wear, but that chaffing is getting to where I need to take it off...wish I knew something to put on the area while leaving the cage in place...maybe diaper rash cream?

6. lockeddue2perv

Silicone Valley
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    6:48 AM
    Q-tips to dry hard to reach areas thoroughly then apply a skin protectant. I have never had itch/chaffing issues since figuring that one out

7. Harry Haversackers

Local Time:
    If dry works to some extent, try a dry lubricant like baby powder...

8. Littlejt1

Texas
    Local Time:
    Any other comment on the double rings? I'm very curious if that would make the difference. I never had this problem when I was in the CB6k which is what I based my measurement from. Cage fits great just this one nagging thing!

9. lockeddue2perv

Silicone Valley
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I prefer a&d for lubrication but before applying i make sure to remove excess moisture from shower/bath.

10. Littlejt1

Texas
    Local Time:
    I definitely try it...I'm always very good about drying off, even use the hair dryer to be sure, so I don't think moisture is the problem.

11. Harry Haversackers

Local Time:
    What is a&d?

12. lockeddue2perv

Silicone Valley
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    A&D oinment. Very common at drug stores. Mainly used to prevent diaper rash... Plus it has lanolin

13. Harry Haversackers

Local Time:
    Never heard of it. Probably not available here in the Great White North. Mind you, it has been several decades since we've needed to buy any diaper related products, so conceivably it could be the number one seller and I'd never know.
    In any case, thanks for responding...

14. Henry Wang

Henry Wang Member

Local Time:
    hey everyone. For the razor burn or post shaving rash that you're experiencing it could also be caused by the blade being too hot. Learned years ago that warmish water eliminates the burn. That and never let the blade touch the skin without some type of shaving cream/gel on. If it pulls the hair out (no cream) then the likelihood of rash or ingrown's is much higher.

I've used the A&B in the past with the CB serious. it really does work well. We've just started using a Jailbird after a long hiatus of this kind of play. It's taking some adaption that's for sure. More chafing than I expected but to the exposed balls, not to the ring as much.

15. mistressmaturemetal

Texas
    Local Time:
    Chaffing is normally caused by the ring or cage fitting too big. It is like if you bought a pair of shoes two sizes too big and walked around in them. You would start getting sores from the rubbing. But it the shoe fit correctly then you will not have the sores because there is no rubbing.

So if you are chaffing things to look for:
    If there room in the diameter of the cage when at your normal flaccid state?
    Can you only get one finger to the first knuckle in the top ring when you are at your normal flaccid state?
    Do you reach the tip of the cage when you are at your normal flaccid state?

Size does not matter but sizing does.

Burning in the scrotum is always caused by the gap being too small.

16. Sissy Melanie

Sissy Melanie Member

Local Time:
    Thank you for the information. I had the same issue and ended up increasing the gap from 1/4" to 3/8 and increased the ring from 1 3/8 to 1.5". Now I can slip out because the ring is too large but the gap is wry comfortable and livable. I'll probably be getting the ring sized down again.

17. bobbyq

bobbyq Junior Member

Local Time:
    I may get one of those...Love smooth balls

18. Wendygirl

gardener
    London
    Local Time:
    The thing with shaving especially these extreme regimes us your taking the top layer of skin of so making it very vulnerable to infection and inflammation.
    Baby nappy cream like sudo cream is very good

Xx Wendy

19. cagedlion

cagedlion Member

Local Time:
    I keep reading about people suggesting lube to ease base ring discomfort. NO! If you need lube, the ring doesn't fit. Constant lube on the skin isn't particularly healthy and it is a pain. MM has the oval ring option. This enhances the comfort of the ring. I know a lot of guys get all into the idea that the base ring must be as small as possible? Why? You can pull out if you try hard no matter how small you go.

Base ring size should be comfortable to wear 24/7. No lube needed, no rest, no anything. Just comfortable. Period. I started (before ordering the JB) with a 2" ring on a Chinese cage. A ball kept popping out. Clearly too large. I went down to 1 3/4 and it felt great. Being curious, I then tried 1 1/2". It was uncomfortable some of the time. Too small.

One way to tell if your ring is the right size is to do the "finger test". If you can get one finger (not pinky) between you and the ring up to the top knuckle, it isn't too small. If you can get more than one finger in, it is too large. MM lets you order in 1/8" increments. You should be able to get a perfect fit. If, after you buy it, you find it is too big or small, for a small fee they will change the size. Some people order two rings with their JB's. I am completely comfortable and secure without the need for any lube.

20. cagedlion

cagedlion Member

Local Time:
    I've been hairless (all pubic hair) for 25 years. Some was lasered off. Balls and penis are shaved. Never had any problem. I use an electric body shaver to get rid of ball hair and an epilator to do the rest.

21. Wendygirl

gardener
    London
    Local Time:
    Exactly my point both the electric razor and the epilator do not take off the top layer of skin like modern multi blades wet razors do.
    Xx Wendy

22. AusChastityboy

AusChastityboy Active member

Local Time:
    11:48 PM
    I'm a newbie to the MM Jailbird so i'm still getting used to it. When i put the ring on i use a little silicone lube so it doesn't grab. It seems to be sized correctly.

23. Ryder_66

Ryder_66 Member

Local Time:
    I don't think that the 2:00 position has anything to do with a particular device ---- I have the same experience with the CB series. I'm not an expert but believe it has something more to do with being denied and horny.

24. lockedsub

lockedsub Junior Member

Tennessee
    Local Time:
    Update:

I'm just a weird person :) I'm still having the problem with the chafing when wearing my Jailbird. We also have been using the Holy Trainer V2 which is amazingly comfortable but the hygiene is very difficult. I need to be let out once a day for cleaning, which is a problem when she's out of town on business.

I've sent the JB back to Mature Metal and I'm going to try a double ring as well as larger gap. Again the folks at MM have been great to deal with and I know they want this to work as much as we do.

Anyone have any thoughts or experience with the double rings? My thought is the increased surface area should spread the pressure out and hopefully this will eliminate any hot spots. I don't get chafing with the H2 or my old CB-6000s. I'm pretty sure it's not an allergic dermatitis as it only happens in that one area, and not wherever the device touches me.

Thanks.
    LS

25. nikkel

nikkel Long term member

Calgary Alberta
    Local Time:
    I started wearting my Mature Metal cage 3 days ago. It fits perfecrly but as any new thing on delicate shin ,it chaffed,I got up in the middle of the night and put polysporin on the ball ring and it felt better. Next day I put less of the expensive polysporin on , and it wore off in around 6 hours, When I got home I smeared a liberal amount of vaserline petroleum jelly all over my cock and balls . That is the answer ,it lasted 12 hours , The only thing is getting the stuff off your hands. I used mechaics hand cleaner as hand soap is usless. I'm wondering if my underwear will wash out, two pair are now in the washer. On my cheap experimental junk cages from dh gates olive oil worked ok but I don't think I wore one over night as they were to uncomfortable , I may btry that jo lube stuff people mentioned on here . Or stick to Vaseline if my underwear comes clean.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice