Happy with new Jail Bird, but minor lock fitting problem

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by Nostromo, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Nostromo

Nostromo Long term member

New York City area
    Local Time:
    8:02 PM
    I just today received my Jail Bird (MM delivered faster than promised and I think they have great customer service). The fit, as of now, seems perfect and I am glad I followed their measuring instructions to go 1/4 inch shorter than my flaccid penis. I got both a single ring and a double ring. The only issue I have is that the fit of the supplied Master Lock through the holes in the post and cage sleeve is so tight in the double ring that the lock won't lay flat. I assume this will loosen up over time. The MM design relies on a tight fit of the lock to prevent the cage from twisting, so using my smaller lock from my Bird Cage isn't an option. My immediate reaction, though, is that the locking screw would be a much better choice and, I assume, a little less bulky under clothes.

Overall, very happy with it, but wish someone had steered me to the locking screw. I know some people think the screw is too fiddly to deal with, but the lock version has the same issue... the holes have to be lined up perfectly for the lock to fit through.

2. Deni

Deni Member

Local Time:
    1:02 AM
    I have the locking screw for my cage, and I must agree it is much less bulky - although fitting it can be a bit tricky.
    The main problem we found with the locking screw was, however tightly we fastened it, over time it worked loose - once to the point of falling out into my panties.

Mistress has taken to using Locktite to fasten it in place, and since it is removed no more than once every 60-90 days that has proven a good solution.

3. mistressmaturemetal

Texas
    Local Time:
    6:02 PM
    Hi, We do have a solution for the screws backing out. We can drill out one side of the locking collar so that the screw is inset. The only issue is that you cant ever use a lock again. You will only be able to use the screw. The up side is that it makes the screw much easier to install. If anyone wants a retro fit let me know at maturemetal@grandecom.net

4. Nostromo

New York City area
    Local Time:
    I swapped out the standard lock for the Master Lock 121Q, which is basically the same as the stock Master Lock but covered in plastic, which solves the problem of sharp edges poking my leg.

manintyres likes this.
  5. locked4her55

locked4her55 Seasoned Member

Local Time:
    Started out with the security screw but have since gone back to the padlock. More pros than cons for us using the padlock.

*She didn't like fumbling with the security screw key and the difficulty in getting the screw started.
    *She found out that over time the screw would become loose.
    *She likes the idea that I can "secure" myself without her having to leave out a key.
    and
    *She very much likes hearing that one and only "click" sound signifying my confinement and devotion to her.

As you can see by the four "she's" we are using the padlock and really, isn't all about her!

6. Nostromo

New York City area
    Local Time:
    I have been happy with the padlock once I switched to teh plastic-covered master lock. No sharp edges.

7. Ljsw

Ljsw Member

Local Time:
    1:02 AM
    I simply took a file to my Master padlock, rounded off the lower corners then polished it with a carborundum flap wheel (have this in the workshop, but hand-held abrasive would do the job) Much more comfortable.

locked4her55 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice