The difference of 1 millimeter?

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by cagedflyfisherman, Sep 13, 2021.

1. cagedflyfisherman

Reno, NV.
    Local Time:
    3:37 AM
    I’m going to order a new custom cage with badassworkroom soon and am wondering if anyone can share any input on how much of a difference 1 mm can have on sizing. I’m currently in a MCN amicus measured for a 3” flaccid length (2.5” cage length, I measured), 2” base ring and 3/8” gap. I recently went and bought a micrometer so I could truly measure the size of said device. I really love this cage and it fits me very well however after taking measurements I’m torn on a couple sizing issues.

The first and I feel most important being the ID. I know Mark says it’s 1 5/16” but my micrometer is giving me just a bit under 35mm which would put it at 1 3/8”. At my smallest there’s a tiny bit of space where my shaft isn’t making contact with the rings.

The second being the base ring. I’ve been very happy in a 2” ring however when I shower in this device it almost falls off of me. This doesn’t happen when I’m in my kinkd cobra (2” base ring as well) which I guessing is due to weight and materials. I’ve tried a 1 7/8” ring and it’s too tight. 2” base ring is measuring right at 50mm.

So far I’m planning on ordering the new cage with the following dimensions;
    Ring: 49mm
    ID: 34mm
    Total divice length: 78mm
    If anyone could give their opinion and input on taking a millimeter off of the 2 said issues I’d really appreciate it. Thanks!

2. Consumed

Consumed Right where I belong.

Albany NY
    Local Time:
    6:37 AM
    Having similar thoughts as I am anticipating a badassworkroom cage as well. I can fit a 46mm id ring but think since the PA is going to help me, that I can relax in a 50mm. As long as my ring to cage gap is dialed in. Also need to consider the ring thickness. It's a balance of weight and surface area/grip on the testicles.

As to your first concern, I'd say a little room is ok. Not too much tho. But with a mm of space, it should make cleaning easier.

3. King Hippo

King Hippo Long term member

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    I know when you order from Mature Metal they ask for a gap distance... They offer 1/4 inch, 3/8 inch, and 1/2 inch... and it is a big deal but it is because of the % difference. 1mm can be 50% more in some areas... so think about that before you pull the trigger.

Jammy likes this.
  4. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Remember, EVERYONE is going to measure things a little differently because the cage and ring designs are different. a "50 mm" ring that has 5 mm of thickness is going to fit very differently than a 10mm ring with the same 50 mm diameter.

So in one sense, the 1mm measuring error won't matter. But at the same time, IF everything (and I mean everything) is EXACTLY the same, then, YES, you tell the difference in 1mm.

Example, I have two rings of the same design. One is 48mm, the other 47mm. I can tell the difference.

The difficulty measuring a device that you are not holding in your hands is sketchy at best, in my opinion.

This is why I am a Cherry Keeper guy. No matter how well I can measure, the actual experience can vary. But if I am buying the same design, just a different size, it works.

Good luck. I'd like a metal device someday, but it's precisely because of these measuring issues that keeps me from it.

5. Guy From RI

Guy From RI Member

Local Time:
    Hi Lazlo, I'm going to buy a Cherry Keeper and had hoped to get a custom design done but JosieLynn has a note out saying he's not doing any custom designs at present. Do you have any advice for a first time Cherry Keeper buyer? My current thinking is I'll order a G2 Tall Oval ring and a headlock cage. If you have experience, a couple things I could use input on:
    1. The G2 Oval ring I'm looking at says it's -12 degrees. There is another ring that's -3 degrees. According to the Shapeways site, the -12 degrees ring in my size 42X52mm (~47.1mm) with my needed ID cage of about 31mm will give me a ball gap of about 14mm. Do those numbers seem like a desirable fit from your experience?
    2. I'm thinking for the headlock cage I'll get either the large shelf (XL might be too restrictive but I want a tight fit so I'm thinking to go past medium to large). Do you have experience with the headlock and if so, what size shelf do you like?

Thanks, GFRI

Jammy likes this.
  6. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    I really really like the tall oval. Smaller ball gap, yet more room by the "t'aint" or perenium area. Most comfy ring I have.

Surprisingly, I don't recommend the headlock to start with. A few reasons for this:

The devices have a slight texture to them--it's NOT mirror smooth plastic. This texture GRIPS the skin if there is no lube. It holds onto your penis better than the headlock.

I'd focus more on the cage length/overall length instead of the headlock. Smaller is better. I'd actually buy the smallest cage you think you might fit in. Not the biggest cage you might fill.

The texture takes some learning to make the most use of it. Please accept that there will be a learning curve.

I'd also avoid the "no touch" because cramming your cock into the cage will need a little bit of access with a q tip.

The headlock vastly complicates your measuring challenge. I'd save the headlock for a future cage. I own one, but never use it.

My "fit" has me in a "small" cage. But I can fit into a "short" cage. Long term and sleepwise, the short cage is more comfy.

Jammy likes this.
  7. SheMastersMyDomain

SheMastersMyDomain In continuous chastity since 1/1/19

Queen City, USA
    Local Time:
    I wear a cherry keeper. Have tried many options over the last few years. 1mm change in ring size is definitely noticeable and can be significant. The nice thing about them is the are relatively inexpensive and and easy to order a different size. I was initially surprised how big a difference 1mm could feel. Good luck.

Jammy and Lazlo Toth like this.
  8. Turma

Turma Long term member

systemadministrator
    Germany - near Hannover
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    12:37 PM
    It's actually easy to understand, isn't it? You take a great and well-fitting garment. Then you wax it and stuff it in the dryer.

After that, if necessary, only a few millimeters shrunk and already it pinches and no longer fits properly.

The same applies to cages and especially the ring. I always take a 4 cm ring, but it is a tiny bit too big.

So every 4cm ring I buy, I get to cut it open first, then use the dremel to remove something between 2-3 millitmeters, and then weld it back together.

Only then sit the rings "bombproof"

Lazlo Toth and Jammy like this.
  9. Xileh

Xileh Happily Serving

Local Time:
    Over a long period of time, you may need to shrink the diameter of the ring as your body adjusts. There can be seasonal changes as well. I just cut 2mm out of a ring and re-welded it. It worked fine. 3mm would have been too much. As long as you can get a finger under it, you should be good.

It is hard to measure. It’s not like a 2x4. It changes all the time. A little trial and error is to be expected.

Jammy likes this.
  10. Perverspepere

Perverspepere 7/5 on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale.

Montreal
    Local Time:
    I am noticing that the body can adjust relatively quickly. I can tolerate the 53x48mm ring much more now than a month ago. Since then the 53mm round was my usual ring but I reverted to the former to see and yes, I feel much less constricted now.

Jammy and jemima like this.
  11. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    11:37 AM
    you rigt bout a mm make a difrence cos when i had a 38mm one it was all wobbly and now it been done again its 36 and its good fitting now.

12. lessonslearnt

lessonslearnt Member

Local Time:
    10:37 AM
    I purchased a cherry keeper and bought 2 rings. Reading reviews a lot of users found a double ring more comfortable and I have to say that was my experience too. I bought the size I measured for (and an average of the other device rings I have previously used), and the next size down on the basis that most wearers will likely shrink a little over time.
    I went for the smallest headlock which fitted fine and was comfortable. However it affected the flow of urine when I peed and would often result in discharge a few minutes after leaving the bathroom. My next cage was a custom and I increased the headlock size by 2mm and it worked ok.
    The difference of 1mm can make or break a cage and it’s longer term use. Best to accept you are going to be extremely lucky to find the perfect fit straight away. At least with a cherry keeper it is more affordable to swap out than other designs.

Jammy, Lazlo Toth and Guy From RI like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice