How to: convert old hinge cuff to new puzzle cuff

Discussion in 'CB Range' started by celt619, Jan 13, 2012.

1. celt619

celt619 Junior Member

Local Time:
    3:03 AM
    Just completed this reasonably quick project after finding a reference or two on here that it was possible. Thought it deserved a thread unto itself. As long as you have a dremel tool, the hardest part will be getting your KH to let you out of your cage long enough to make the changes.

I operated on a Curve, but the procedure should work for 2000 and 3000 as well I would assume (not owning them).

Parts (I ordered from keptforher):
    -cb-6000 style cuff ring in the correct size
    -base piece "a"
    -base piece "b"
    -cb-6000 locking pins (optional)
    -cb-6000 spacers (optional)

I list the spacers and pins as optional because you could, almost certainly, use the old round ones (new ones are oval).

First thing to do is beg and plead to get out of your cage. I had the "advantage" that the hinge was causing mild open sores on Mistress's penis.

Use a set of pliers to twist the stay pins on the old cage to break the glue (easier than I feared it would be) and remove them. With the new cuff pieces assembled you will notice that the new pins align with the same holes, they just need to be extended all the way through the base of the cage.

So take your dremel and a good grinding bit (I used a carbide ball slightly smaller than the holes themselves) and bore out the remaining plastic. I avoided a drill bit for fear the torque would crack the plastic. Go slowly and try not to make the hole any wider than you have to. Because the locking pin will not be a snug fit, these should be to avoid a sloppy fit. Keep slowly enlarging (if needed) and smoothing the holes until the new stay pins glide in smoothly.

Now you should be able to push the cuff ring all the way onto the cage to see how the locking pin holes line up. Depending on whether you are using new pins or old, you will need to adapt one of the holes to allow the locking pin to pass through both smoothly, preferrably, again, with as little slop as possible.

Everything is ready to go at this point. However, I noticed that when assembled there was a mm or two of play between the cage and the cuff with my chosen locking pin and spacetr in place. So I took a bit of neoprene (mouse pad), and used a paper hole punch and scissors to make a soft ring which I added to the assembly to prevent pinching.

Hope this helps. If you require any clarifications, let me know. Should mention total cost, with shipping, was $53, 1/3 the price of replacing the entire device.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice