Getting used to base ring

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by Shock Tactics, May 19, 2023.

Random Thread
  1. Shock Tactics

Shock Tactics Member

Local Time:
    3:38 PM
    So I've been locked for a few months now but using a cage where the base ring is a bit big. It's not that secure, although better for it at night I guess.

I'm now trying out a different (metal) cage where the base ring is more my size (as per the finger test etc), and doesn't cut off the blood flow etc. However I've noticed that after a few hours I start to get a pressure pain at the top corners of my ring (ie the top of the sides of my cock). I'm pretty sure it's not chafing, but down to the ring digging in a bit where I'm not used to having that sort of constriction.

Is this something that my body will just get used to over time and it will stop being uncomfortable? Has anybody else has this issue? Any advice?

2. The Queens consort

The Queens consort Long term member

Retired
    Central Indiana
    Local Time:
    10:38 AM
    Does your cage have the two posts on either side of the lock to stabilize the cage to the ring? My first cage has those, and I had similar issues. Much filing and sanding later, I think I have resolved the issue.

3. Shock Tactics

Shock Tactics Member

Local Time:
    Yes, but I'm not convinced that's the cause of the pain. I don't think it's catching skin in the locking posts, at least...

The Queens consort likes this.
  4. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    You could try wearing just the ring without the cage for a day or two. Then see if the same pain occurs. Then you'll know if it's the ring itself, or the influence of the cage causing the pain.

5. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    It will probably take a few days to get accustomed to the new ring and device, you mentioned your new device is metal, we’re you on plastic before? If so it could also be the extra weight of the device, again it will take time for your body to adapt to it.

6. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    7:38 AM
    It's your anatomy. MOST of us are the same way. I can't name the structures, but you have the chafe precisely where I would get it.

Notice some manufacturers such as Holy Trainer have raised spaces in those locations. They are there for a reason. Pay particular attention to the base rings of authentic Holy Trainers and you will see what I mean.

7. Shock Tactics

Shock Tactics Member

Local Time:
    I totally know what you mean about other brands - I don't have this issue with my cobra, which is a D shape.
    So are you saying that as this is an anatomy issue, my body won't adapt to this?

8. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    I am saying it MIGHT be. I think i see the chafing in the same spots you do. My intuition says the chafe should be around the entire ring. Bit it’s just those two spots.

9. bondinchas

UK
    Local Time:
    Intuition suggests that the base of the penis is perfectly circular, like the base ring, but it's not.
    It's an oval deformed towards a triangle shape:

https://www.google.com/search?q=cross+section+of+penis

Given the shape, you'd expect the greatest pressure on the penis to be at the three rounded corners of the triangle. Because of the weight of the device, all the weight is on the two top corners, so that's where you feel it.

But don't worry, like breaking in a new pair of shoes, you'll get used to it, most of us have been through that. Your skin may toughen a little, wearing well supporting underwear or a waist strap can help by supporting the weight.

It might be that the base ring is actually a little too big. Counter intuitive yes, but let me explain.
    If the penis is loose in the ring, then it's the two top corners that take the point pressure. Too loose a ring (and too long a cage) also gives room for the penis to engorge with blood in a partial erection. That firmness increases the point pressure at the corners.
    If the ring is small enough that the penis is in contact with the ring all the way around, (it's just a very soft flexible sponge) then that pressure is distributed over a greater area, so less point pressure, and less abrasion.
    There can be different problems with a too tight ring though.
    Too tight can constrict blood circulation - easily diagnosed - the skin will be darker just outside the ring than your body behind it. A not quite so but still tight ring can also create a more humid and dirty micro climate just under the ring, which just means having to maintain a good hygiene regime of both skin and device to prevent sores developing.

10. bondinchas

UK
    Local Time:
    Chastity base ring sizes: 40mm, 45mm and 50mm.

It's like only being offered shoes in sizes 9, 12 or 15! :confused:o_O:rolleyes:

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  11. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Excellent point. Five mm increments are gigantic leaps. Thank goodness for Cherry Keepers. I can go in ONE mm increments. And it matters.

12. ChastityNut

ChastityNut Active member

Your mom's box
    Local Time:
    TL;DR use a drop of lotion.

My opinion is that a base ring should fit to where the cage doesn't slide down and ride the balls when they're riding low or aroused. So good for you on sizing down.

As to your pain, you sound smart enough to know the difference between a pinch and something else and pinching down there is a pain that really gets our attention. What your describing is what I think of as surface tension between the steel and dry skin. I experience this. It doesn't happen at first and may not happen for a couple of hours but it will happen. It is a weird sensation of burning and friction and pressure all at once. The best way to to stop it that I have found is to simply take a TINY drop of a good hand or body lotion and rub it all the around where the ring and skin meet. Then do the same under the cage at the junction of cage, scrotum, and penis.

You don't have to crazy trying to the skin on both sides of the ring as the lotion will spread on its own everything moves and, for me at least, it only has to be done after a shower so it pretty much lasts all day.

I use Palmer's coconut oil hand cream. It doesn't seem to dry out but also doesn't feel like greased myself up if I use a tiny amount which is good because that also helps keep the ring against the abdomen.

bondinchas likes this.
  13. Headtrip

Headtrip Long term member

Midwest USA
    Local Time:
    This explains a lot! I have never been able to wear a round base ring. Learned over several cages that oval/ergo are much more comfortable for me. I may be more "oval" than others, as my erect penis is clearly much wider than it is up/down. Also learned that the tightest I can tolerate (after break in) is less irritating (less movement) and more secure (same reason). Flat are better than round (cross section) for me as they distribute the load more. I use silicone jell (Astroglide) as it seems to last all day.

BTW: My rule of thumb was to wear a cage/ring at least 2 weeks, or until actual irritation was observed, whichever came first. A feeling of irritation, that doesn't leave marks, will usually go away within this period as your body adjusts, just like others have said.

Good luck!

bondinchas and Lazlo Toth like this.
  14. The Queens consort

The Queens consort Long term member

Retired
    Central Indiana
    Local Time:
    Mine wasn’t catching skin, but the drilled holes had tiny burrs that would scratch the skin. Where the posts were welded to the cage also had rough spots. For that matter the entire thing had spots that needed smoothing.

bondinchas likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice