Do as I say, not as I do

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by Billus, Jun 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billus

Billus Laconic.

UK
    Local Time:
    9:17 AM
    Interesting how a much-beloved mod was asked to step down from that position over allegations of editing/deleting "legacy" posts... by the same person who just deleted an entire thread about how the actions of members on other sites affects their standings here. So what do we learn from this?

1. "I can do what I demoted you for doing"

2. "If I don't like the way you act on Twitter, I'll delete your account here"

Can anyone else smell the hypocrisy?

2. SubVerity

SubVerity Still the mansion's fairy godmother. ;)

London
    Local Time:
    Not really.

In PMs 'Mistress' Lucy has been pleading her case, and is sorry that her actions have become seen as fin-domming - not just here but across many other media - and is taking action to reduce this aspect of her activities as it is not who she wishes to be.

Out of kindness Jens in response offered to remove that thread as it without a doubt showed her in a negative light. She is young, and headstrong, and wishes not to ruin her online persona so early in her adulthood, and I would think that is a good thing.

So - removed out of kindness. Is that so bad?

HollyC likes this.
  3. Jens

Jens CO-Owner of CM
    Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Moderator

Art director, film producer
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    10:17 AM
    From Admin himself:

For the record.
    Lucy has agreed to change her Twitter - account and make other adjustments to get rid of the PayPigs approach, etc...
    No more fin domme
    - and I then decided as a gesture to delete the thread. We all learned from this incident. Lucy as well.
    And the removal of her threads is also agreed upon.

So Hold your horses...:)

Lets move forward., shall we?

4. Jens

Jens CO-Owner of CM

Denmark
    Local Time:
    And Billus, - I accept that You do not seem to share the same vision for the profile of CM as I do, but I hope to see one day that you at least respect my project and my vision - and give my motives for my actions some credit - and not see them as some clever wicked scheme of mine.
    That would truly be rewarding...

HollyC and slave_m like this.
  5. Billus

Billus Laconic.

UK
    Local Time:
    So when Amanda deletes or edits a thread, it's disfiguring a "legacy" posting. When Jens does it, it's "kindness". Whatever the motivation, it's one rule for the boss, another for the rest of us. When did he say, "Sorry, Lucy, it's a 'legacy', so I can't delete the posting. However, I will post that we have agreed to work things out, and then lock the thread'? He can justify it in his own mind however he wants, and his minions can nod vigorously in agreement. Still doesn't make it right. Someone needs to be able to stand up and say, "I disagree" without "moving forward" (aka, stop criticizing me).

6. Billus

Billus Laconic.

UK
    Local Time:
    As I just mentioned, there must always be a mechanism in place to scrutinize actions. Whether a forum, a business or a government, standing idly by can lead to tyranny. You may think you're doing the right thing all the time. Maybe sometimes you're wrong. I can't stop you, nor am I interested enough to really care in the long run. But I can and will point it out when I feel the need to do so. Unless you think your actions are above question.

7. richard

richard Just me

Local Time:
    If you are the outright owner of something then he is within his rights to do what he likes tbh.
    However there is scrutiny and people do voice their opinions. When Amanda deleted stuff - in the mods reports, the other mods went ballistic.

Apart from spam, things get deleted only with discussion and agreement from other mods.

The post in question yesterday was questioned by the other mods. Lucy was in touch with us voicing her concern and outrage.

Your claims of a dictatorship are grossly exaggerated.

8. Billus

Billus Laconic.

UK
    Local Time:
    Richard, with all due respect, I don't care what you think. But thanks for your opinion.

9. Jens

Jens CO-Owner of CM

Denmark
    Local Time:
    Billus, You dont care what other say, - got it.... ( really! you can't honestly mean that.....)

I however do care and will care, - even when You speak out with your accusations of dictatorship.
    I do wrong from time to time - hell yes - but I try VERY hard not to, or at least to correct them when I do wrong.
    All in accordions with a vision for the mansion. A vision you like or dislike....

This morning i have been mailing back and forth with Princess Lucy for more than 2 hours , and we actually did manage to have a decent conversation.
    The fact that she removed the obvious Fin domme stuff, must tell you something.

Lets see, maybe she returns one day, when she has stopped flirting with the fin Domme business completely.

It is my decision. and mine alone to send Fin Dommes off the Mansion... and I stand tall....
    I am not to change that approach, no matter the motives I am being dressed up with....

May I advice other not to give more life to this thread. ( And there was no threat embedded,-) )

Like it or not Billus: LETS MOVE ON.....:)

10. Billus

Billus Laconic.

UK
    Local Time:
    I'm not interested in Richard's opinion as he is not involved with this discussion.

You, Jens, are completely misunderstanding my whole point, which is why it's essential that people say something when they feel you are going in the wrong direction.

I don't give a monkey's about Lucy; I'm perfectly fine if you choose not to allow findom advertising. In fact, I agree with you. But, I think you acted in error with Lucy, as I saw no sign she was soliciting for femdom services on CM. What she does on other sites should not be your concern. Still, I wasn't interested enough to say anything about the subject.

What I'm opposed to is the fact you felt okay to delete the entire thread. My understanding with Amanda was that she would edit or delete threads, and everybody got their panties in a wad over 'legacy' issues. Then you come along and do the exact same thing. And if you don't see why that's an issue, then it becomes an issue. And so I said something. So instead of let's "MOVE ON", why don't you apply your own rules to your own behaviour? As I said, you could have explained that you and Lucy are in the process of sorting it out, lock the thread, and leave it.

Either you follow your own rules, or you admit that you won't. Like I've said, I can't stop you, but it needs to be pointed out; maybe it will help you run this site more effectively.

11. Jens

Jens CO-Owner of CM

Denmark
    Local Time:
    Billus , I won't automatically go by the rules that applies for moderator or even board members. Never had the intention and never stated that I will. Every organization needs a leader or a leadership with a space to operate in the best interest of the organization.

However a working leadership would demand for us to stick our ugly faces together quite often, and invest a lot of time in meetings and such. We do not have that kind of time nor the logistics. But I make very few decisions on my own. Some of the less popular ones I do take all by myself, because I am such a noble guy,;-) and protecting my board , as any leaders should do.... ;-)

Many seems to buy into my visions as I have put forward for all to see. Pleases me obviously:)
    Some do not find it all that fancy. Nothing new in that....:) I have the best for the Mansion at heart. And sometimes that might croos what you like. Sorry, but what can I say....
    I took over CM , not as a powertrip, but because I saw a vision, a vision of gradually making this lifestyle more accepted in society. Big dream I know, but I tend to have big dreams.....

That I have way more rights and tools in here than you- or even mods - in terms of editing and monitoring should not come as a surprise to you.
    In my business life I have all the power I need, in my household she has all the powers, and on CM I try to balance and never abuse my powers, just because they are there to take...

I am fully aware of the potential addiction to power, and yes power corrupt. Some of my actions in here over time emerges from that very observation................;-)

Jens/Admin

12. Billus

Billus Laconic.

UK
    Local Time:
    Okay, so my original point stands, as you've now admitted. One rule for you, another for everyone else. Or, "do as I say, not as I do". At least now it's out in the open.

I'm done here. This thread can be locked.

13. Jens

Jens CO-Owner of CM

Denmark
    Local Time:
    Correction, not even one rule for everyone else. Not to give you bad dreams at night, but this is the way it has been set up. Moderators enjoy more power than you too. Why? because they are power- junkies or because I throw bones at my "loyal disciples"?
    I will let this open question be the last in this thread.

With You approval I will now lock it. I could delete it, but oh boy what a rumble in the jungle you could make out of that....
    So just locking it will be....

I am about to enjoy some chilled Chardonnay with my lovely wife in the garden in just a little while.

Come and join us:)

HollyC, MistressPhedre and richard like this.
  14. Mistress B

Mistress B Mistress B

Business Owner
    United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    I think Billus just enjoys arguing. Nothing wrong with that but it does tend to get on ones nerves after a while. :)
    When it happens to me, I get a little disgruntled and sometimes do things I shouldn't and regret it afterwards. I do miss Amanda's chat and comments on here and although I can quite understand her being miffed with losing her status, I do wish she would consider returning and make this site more entertaining.

thundar likes this.
  15. Jens

Jens CO-Owner of CM

Denmark
    Local Time:
    :)

16. SubVerity

SubVerity Still the mansion's fairy godmother. ;)

London
    Local Time:
    I think Billus is a gentleman. A complete and utter gentleman. He starts an open thread and then completely discounts the opinions not only of members, but a moderator at that. I think that's worth a spell on the naughty step. A ban of a few days to a week. Just my opinion, and I wouldn't expect him to have any regard for it either.
    But a bit of an explaining and a short term ban might at least send the right message.

17. Jens

Jens CO-Owner of CM

Denmark
    Local Time:
    #17 Jens, Jun 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
    I will now close this thread for the second time. Not fair to comment on a closed thread even if You a re a moderator. For all to know I have asked Billus if the wanted to comment too, but he declined.

I think we have heard all from both sides now, and anything further is not really going to add to the story. The positions are pretty clear. I will certainly not short term ban Billus as suggested, but I would like to make it clear to him that he - again - is way out of line with his superior @HollyC in his constant attacks, insinuations and insults. Perhaps he should ask himself if a few weeks of time off would not serve him well, so that he can come back with a milder view on everything... Just a thought.....
    AND THAT WAS THE FINAL WORDS IN THIS CLOSED THREAD,
    GOT IT? ALL! :)

maid_carrie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice