Timeless Box -- a time delayed locking safe

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by Leiothrix, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Leiothrix

Leiothrix Junior Member

Local Time:
    12:41 PM
    Joroincharge likes this.
  2. Giles_English

Giles_English Chaste slave

Slave
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    2:41 AM
    Another one! That's two ostensibly non-BDSM time-safes this year (other one here)! How long before our Chinese friends produce a cheaper version?

3. tiemeupalso

tiemeupalso Long term member

texas
    Local Time:
    9:41 PM
    it would be nice if they existed.i haven't found anyway to buy one.

4. Droog

Droog Long term member

Local Time:
    10:41 AM
    There is this one (Chronovault from dreamlover labs)

-droog

5. shieldingmatrix

shieldingmatrix Junior Member

Fort Bragg, CA
    Local Time:
    7:41 PM
    They also show a web app for the same effect -- send something time-locked to someone else.

http://www.timelessbox.com/virtual/en/

The Kitchen thing Giles mentioned is pretty cool too.

Shldmtrx

6. Yaquiran

Yaquiran Member

Local Time:
    For years I have wanted the same (time delay keysafe), and finally ended up just making a solution myself.

If you have some programming and electronics knowledge, something like this is fairly straightforward to make yourself with an arduino and some additional electronics components (solenoid lock, diode, mosfet, capacitor for saving data if power is interrupted). If you're so inclined, you can skip the arduino entirely and get an atmel or pic chip for the microcontroller and roll your own PCB/protoboard.

I designed and implemented this project several months ago. Basically, it allows via a serial interface to set the lock state to locked or unlocked, and if locked, a time. There are safeties in the code so someone can't accidentally put in hundreds of years, for example. I wrote a php web interface and a php to com port backend app that allows remote control of the lock from anywhere over the internet. Access to the commands are password protected so the sub can't unlock without the kh's consent.

Some things to think about if going about something like this:

How secure you want the lock to be. You could for example get some metalwork done to make a strongbox where you'd mount the solenoid lock/electronics in, fit it to an existing burglary safe, make a wooden box, mount it on a closet/cabinet door, etc. It's really up to you. Obviously it's best to have an emergency backup key just in case.

The serial interface. The arduino's built in one can be used but you need to set fuses on the atmega chip so once flashed, it cannot be reprogrammed without physical access to the arduino board. Otherwise the sub could simply reprogram the chip over the serial line. There other are ways to solve this (wireless is one, or adding an additional dedicated RS232 chip to the board is another).

The electronics and lock obviously have to be on the inside of the secure location.

Encryption of communications. If the sub wanted he could eavesdrop on the serial communications to get the device password. Some form of secure communication is obviously best. I did not get this far in my project before I took a break on it.

Handling power interruptions properly. The lock's state should be saved in the event of a power cut to the electronics, otherwise the sub can unlock it easily by hitting the circuit breaker. I implemented this with a capacitor and code to detect when internal voltage dropped below a threshold value, at which point the data gets written to the atmega chip's EEPROM.

Adding fun things like randomizing times, and a timelock that once set even the KH cannot alter are pretty easy to do, basically it's only limited by your imagination and coding abilities.

The website page to control the lock should obviously be protected with authentication, you don't want someone other than the KH looking at it. I implemented this with https and a separate password.

There might be more elegant ways to accomplish this, since it does require being connected to a PC or laptop running a webserver for the remote control aspect. Aesthetically it would be better to have something that's more self contained.

I might be able to create a page further explaining/detailing the steps involved at some point, if there is good kink-friendly hosting somewhere.

Giles_English likes this.
  7. Leiothrix

Leiothrix Junior Member

Local Time:
    Well, I ordered one of these. Project has been funded, so I should get it around february or so.

8. gecko9397

gecko9397 New member

Local Time:
    4:41 AM
  9. SteveM

SteveM Active member

Local Time:
    10:41 PM
    Just a quick question from someone who has had a need to get access to a key several times to fix a problem with his device. What happens if you need to get out of your device sooner. Let's say you develop a rash or sore under the metal ring or get into a car accident and go to the hospital or like really happened to me, a kidney stone where they needed to go through my penis to get it out. What if you balls start swelling up as also happened to me. I guess you are willing to chance destroying your expensive device because long term lockup requires a very good device. Just wondering as reality often does not follow the script of the fantasy. So many things can go wrong in real life. I know because I have lived through a few and having a quick way out saved the day. :)

10. Wendygirl

Wendygirl To offer advice and keep CM safe and welcoming

gardener
    London
    Local Time:
    3:41 AM
    Old school sealed envelope !
    Got to be lots of ways to make it obvious its been opened . If it's absolutely necessary no responsible kh is going to object.
    Xx wendy

Joroincharge likes this.
  11. Joroincharge

Joroincharge Lock em up - 24/7/365!!

England
    Local Time:
    3:41 AM
  12. sydney71

sydney71 Member

Local Time:
    Wendygirl likes this.
  13. sydney71

sydney71 Member

Local Time:
    A website exists that does everything you seem to want in terms of randomiseing and timedelay used in conjunction with a safe, and more. Try keysafe.org

14. Leiothrix

Leiothrix Junior Member

Local Time:
    In my case I've got a PA5000, so no ball ring.

If I'm taken to emergency and they need to get at that region, they'll cut it off, which they would do if I didn't have the key on me anyway.

If I need to get it off for some other reason, I think it'll be pretty easy to break the CB. Dremel will eat pretty much anything in a pretty safe way.

15. AliceInBondageLand

Moderator Verified Female

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Excellent resource. Do not open to xmas, or nye or maybe Halloween. :-D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice