Just got my Queen's Keep

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by albert, Mar 23, 2012.

1. albert

albert New member

Local Time:
    11:41 PM
    My Queen's Keep finally arrived this morning; six hours ago it replaced my CB6000s, which will be enjoying a long retirement.

Wow. So far the comfort difference is like that between night and day -- what was I waiting for before I ordered a custom metal device? I had learned to tolerate the CB6000s reasonably well, but it still would occasionally make its presence know in unwelcome (and unsexy) ways, and hygiene demanded its removal more often than we wanted. This looks to be a much better fit (I'm very much a "grower", and the even 6Ks tube was too large for me and allowed painful partial erections).

The proof will be in my ability to get a good restful night's sleep, but so far, all the signs are that this is the device I've been waiting for. (If only there were a good way to get through a metal detector/backscatter machine with a device on, but, oh well).

Anyway, just needed to share my (still preliminary) delight with this very nice, well made device.

2. janders6

janders6 Trying to work it

Woodworker
    OHIO
    Local Time:
    10:41 PM
    Excellent to hear!! I just ordered a QK yesterday and am excited to see how it works out. Like you, I'm a grower that learned to work with a CB-6s. The only thing I can say on the CB-6s is that I never really ran into a large amount of the hygiene issues I so frequently read about. I did take a fair bit of time each bathroom visit to clean as thoroughly as possible, which probably helped a bit.

So, congrats and best of luck. I know you have my jonesing for my QK to arrive going again.

3. Vithryld

Vithryld Slave

Local Time:
    8:41 PM
    Good choice!

It seems like quite a few people are selecting the Queen's Keep. I am in good company! In terms of comfort, it really is a vast improvement over my CB-6k.

4. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    4:41 AM
    :jumping0045:

CONGRATULATIONS!

5. thaioneon

thaioneon Member

Local Time:
    Congrats! I cannot wait for mine to come in. Everyday inches a little closer to be locked once again and I look forward to it. Enjoy!

6. albert

albert New member

Local Time:
    Thanks for all the responses.

I've now been in this thing continuously for over 24 hours (closer to 32, actually), and I'm still just as pleased as I was after my first impressions.

For reference, I have the shortest QK they can make (as I said, I'm a grower), a bit wider than the CB6K (thanks PansyTart for the measuring guide -- this is definitely the right fit for me). I can still get partial erections, where my entire package strains out from behind my testicles, but unlike with the 6Ks, this isn't painful or even especially uncomfortable (except, of course, for the frustration of not being able to do anything about it).

Last night I was subjected to some seriously sexy teasing - frustrating as all hell, but not at all physically uncomfortable as it would have been in the 6Ks. And I got a good night's uninterrupted sleep. I was last allowed to come about 2 weeks earlier, and had spent most of the time since then in the 6Ks (until yesterday). This is about the point at which I'm usually climbing the walls with frustration, and now is no exception, except that this is just frustrating, not physically uncomfortable.

My only complaint / reservation about the design so far is that getting the security screw in was a bit difficult -- it has to be lined up very precisely, and if the cage is pushed down too far (or not enough) or rotated at all, it won't screw on. But perhaps this becomes easier with practice (it's only actually been put on my body once so far). Not having a lock clanging around is certainly nice, and that probably makes up for the difficulty of manipulating the screw. (One other downside of the screw is that there's no ominous "click" when you're locked in, which isn't a big deal for me, but others may miss it).

7. MelCooley

MelCooley Active member

Local Time:
    albert, congratulations. I could've written the same letter a year ago...CB6000 not perfect but okay. Sleep interrupted every night, hygeine and cleaning a big hassle...etc, etc. With the Queen's Keep, I sleep through the night, awakened only in the early a.m. by morning wood that wants so badly to bust out of its cage. Not gonna happen...maybe with the plastic cage, but not a steel cage!

Yes, getting the security screw in is tricky but that is something you only have to do once, right? One time, I went six weeks without taking it off...it's that comfortable. In fact, the only reason I've taken it off this year has been for travel. Other than that, it is now part of me.

8. soprettysub

soprettysub Member

Local Time:
    I have had mine for coming up on a month. I initially did a 48 hour session. Then 3 days and have now been locked up since Friday and only let out for a couple hours Saturday so Ma'am could have some fun. I love it. If I could go back I definitely would have gone a size down on the ring. The oval does a lot more for comfort than I expected and I have some room. I might also go 1/4" longer on the cage. It fits well and is super comfy but I would like it to rest just a little snugger to the body, instead of sliding down as much as it does. I also really don't think I can get out of it without serious dmg/pain which is great. I am not sure how I feel about the high security screw. On one hand not having a lock bounce around is fantastic but on the other it really seems like if you were really determined you could get it out with some pliers. Note I have not tried, nor will I but I don't want to even imagine escape is possible. If the screw was recessed it would remove that possibility entirely. Overall though I am super pleased with it and honestly can't recommend the QK and Mature Metal in general enough. Well worth the investment.

9. MelCooley

MelCooley Active member

Local Time:
    soprettysub, I was also curious about whether or not I could remove the screw with a pair of pliers. I needed to know. I did not WANT to be able to take it off...but I needed to know that I couldn't. So I got my small pair of needle-nosed pliers. The "nose" is pretty sharp and has a hard edge, and I was sure that I could grip the edges of the screw head if I really tried. I tried for a long time! No luck. I even borrowed the key from my wife and completely removed the device then put it back together, not attached to my body. I thought that if I could hold it in a better position with one hand and use the pliers in another hand, then I would have a better chance of really getting a good angle on the screw. Still no luck...fortunately. That screw is not coming out without the key. So I put it back on, cranked the screw down nice and tight and gave the key back to my wife. Try if it you want, just to convince yourself, but I am certain that I cannot remove that screw without the key.

10. Leiothrix

Leiothrix Junior Member

Local Time:
    1:41 PM
    Torque it up nice and tight . . . with a bit of loctite on the threads first.

There are plenty of diferent types of loctite as too, so be careful. Different bond strengths and temporary or permanent set. The idea being to just make it a little bit harder, not to glue the screw in of course.

11. soprettysub

soprettysub Member

Local Time:
    Really good to know MelCooley thanks for the info.

12. simpletwistfate

simpletwistfate Under Consideration by Mistress Magick

Local Time:
    I'm probably going to buy a Queen's Keep at some point this summer. I just ordered the sizing rings, but I'd be interested in the measuring guide you refer to for the width.

13. emm

emm Member

Vic Australia
    Local Time:
    1:41 PM
    Hi All,
    I ordered my QK last week ... and sent Pet Trap back for changes ..
    Will let you know how it goes..
    As a side note ... I noticed someone having trouble lining up the security screw..
    What I did with PT was put padlock in from otherside ... but only just start it ... this then lined up holes for the screw ...

Keith

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice