Major problem with stuck tetherspout

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by coowbooy, Apr 8, 2024.

1. coowbooy

coowbooy Junior Member

Local Time:
    12:09 AM
    #1 coowbooy, Apr 8, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2024
    Hi guys, so I'm wondering if I can get your opinions on this. I have been in chastity for a couple weeks using a tetherspout. It was a bitch to install because I can't fit the retainer inside my urethra, it's just so much bigger than the insert, but eventually I figured out how to install it by pushing the main insert down along with the hoop and assembling them inside my urethra.

This is how it is supposed to be installed (I hope this image link works) [​IMG]

I have accomplished the final step in that diagram, albeit without using the retainer to guide the installation. As you can see the way it is suppose to work is the flared inside ring rests against the narrow section of the urethra like an anchor. To remove it you're supposed to force that narrow spot to stretch open using the retainer, making it big enough for the anchor of the tether to slip out.

Anyway now this experiment is over, and I'm a little tired of the constant soreness in my urethra, I'm ready to remove it. But the problem is, not only is the retainer still far too big to get in, but I can't push the insert back down in order to disassemble it the same way I assembled it. It seems to have sort of fused itself to that narrow area in my urethra.

My suspicion is mineral deposits in my urine or perhaps some sort of rust (it supposed to be stainless) has built up around the ring like a layer of cement. Imagine a screw pushed through a hole, and then welded in place at the head of the screw.

Basically, I can't push it down, I can't pull it out, and even though I am willing to try to brute force the retainer inside the urethra, I find myself experiencing excruciating pain when I try, as if something is being pinched. I think whatever deposits have hardened the internal anchor section of the tether are holding it so securely that it's literally pinching and crushing some of the surface of my urethra against the retainer as it attempts to move down.

I'm in kind of a mess here. I intend to visit a urologist if I can't get this sorted out soon. I'm open to advice.

I strongly do not recommend using a tetherspout. They do work as budget PA alternatives, but they hurt like hell when you're hard, they function by constantly tugging on that delicate narrow spot which hurts, they are fiddly to install, urination hurts, and apparently this can happen.

Attached Files:

2. Huey

Huey Member

Local Time:
    6:09 PM
    Try a warm salt water soak to try and flush anything and then try working some Neosporin or aquafore into the urethra and around the tube. Probably inflamed and irritated and if you can address that might help with the rest.

coowbooy likes this.
  3. Iron78

Iron78 Long term member

Engineer
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    2:09 AM
    This sounds awfull, best of luck to you. I have no good advice.

coowbooy likes this.
  4. coowbooy

coowbooy Junior Member

Local Time:
    Welp I spoke to my doctor he is very concerned, so now I'm off to A&E with an embarrassing referral. Lucky I have a high tolerance for humiliation. I imagine the next couple hours will be painful.

My current working theory is that the flared end of the spout is lodged INSIDE the narrow sphincter just inside the head of the penis that is supposed to be the wall this thing anchors itself through. The same biological design that is supposed to prevent it from getting out is now preventing it from getting in as well. Assuming I'm right.

Either way it's looking like minor surgery is in my future. Learn from my example, kiddies. Tether spouts are not worth it.

5. Mr_anonymous

Mr_anonymous Long term member

Local Time:
    8:09 PM
    Yikes that sucks. I've been leery since hearing about them.

6. coowbooy

coowbooy Junior Member

Local Time:
    So was I. I did research before using it and haven't heard anyone else having this issue, but now that we know it can happen, I think we should all give them a wide berth. This really sucks. I just hope they don't end up having to sever the sphincter to get it out because that ring will never heal with the same taughtness, and I feel like that will play a role in keeping a PA piercing stable and prevent it from migrating. I should have just got a damn PA in the first place but unironically I was scared it would hurt too much. Fml.

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  7. JaySaysYes

JaySaysYes I identify as someone that is always right

Local Time:
    1:09 AM
    I'm sorry to hear of your issues, it sounds really awful.

Is there any news?

coowbooy likes this.
  8. Iron78

Iron78 Long term member

Engineer
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    I had the same dilemma, but went for the PA. To be honest it did hurt quite some, but only for 1 second. Sound like you may be getting a lot more than that. Hoping the best for you.

Peter Rabbit and coowbooy like this.
  9. MaggotNub

MaggotNub Long term member

UK. Home counties
    Local Time:
    I hope the medics find a minimally traumatic solution for your. I wish you luck.

coowbooy likes this.
  10. good2fun

good2fun Long term member

Local Time:
    This is one reason to use titanium as material.
    I saw the original tether products developing rust in the area of the hex shape.
    As an alternative I got the dimensions of the retainers adapted by widening the bore and reshaping the outer ellipse to a circle.
    I have a set which can be mounted and removed in one piece but only when the cage is removed.
    Finally I got me several sets custom made in titanium.
    I wish you good luck.

11. coowbooy

coowbooy Junior Member

Local Time:
    Ever had 4 shots of lidocaine in your dick? Do not recommend. Even with that and numbing lube (which is ironically painful as shit when first applied) I barely got through it with my sanity intact. Rough day. Don't use tether spouts, guys. It's not worth it. Thank you all for your support and suggestions. Now I'm just gonna heal up and get a damn PA at some point lol.

Lowtight, Peter Rabbit, Tom_S and 3 others like this.
  12. JaySaysYes

JaySaysYes I identify as someone that is always right

Local Time:
    I'm glad to hear you made it, and clearly in good spirits too.

So, what happened?

coowbooy likes this.
  13. atxmtb

atxmtb Long term member

Local Time:
    7:09 PM
    Wow, Glad they didn't have to amputate! I was going to say, go to the Dr. Don't screw around. Yes embarrassing AF, but better embarrassed than sorry. You were a braver man than I to put it in in the first place. I once asked someone what a thetherspout was. They explained with pictures and diagrams. Yikes. No I said to myself. Glad your ok.

Zevon, coowbooy and JaySaysYes like this.
  14. Clurk

Clurk New member

Local Time:
    Sounds like your tetherspout is simply too big. These cheap sets you can buy on Amazon which come with only one ring and a comically large and non functional insertion tool (?) didn't understand how the tetherspout works at all. The problem is that they don't just provide different sized rings but also scale the spout.

They go from 10 to 17 mm ring size in 1 mm increments and anything over 12 mm is just insane. Actually the 12 mm is already much too big imo (because of the spout, the ring wouldn't be the problem if it were more like a disc and had a smaller inner diameter). On the original tetherspout site the pin only differs in length, not diameter and they're all 6mm (8mm for the flange). Original retainers are also oval to maximize the diameter when flipped.

Badass Workrooms has 3 different sized spouts which each come with 4 different sized rings. The smallest E1 is probably right for most everybody and you should try with the smaller rings first, they're probably enough. I can see the larger E2 and E3 sets make sense for people with a very wide urethra but if you suspect that's the case get the sizing tool first. The Badass Workroom tetherspouts are also titanium and overall better quality than the original.

good2fun likes this.
  15. Muppet

Muppet Long term member

Local Time:
    What a horrible series of events, glad to hear it’s resolved!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice