2C, D and E waiting list

Discussion in 'Lori Devices' started by phoopha, Oct 15, 2011.

1. phoopha

phoopha Junior Member

Local Time:
    8:11 AM
    It looks as though Ms Lori has had a bit more success than anticipated with the new 2 series of devices. There is now a limit on how many orders can be accepted each month (2 per month - October's allocation already gone) and a price rise to $950!.

2. sublime3070

sublime3070 tempest

Consultant
    Bedfordshire UK
    Local Time:
    7:11 AM
    My 2D device was ordered 246 days ago (around 35 weeks) and is due to land in the UK in the next day or two.. Lori has been great but be prepared for a long wait if you're ordering...

3. lockedin

lockedin Member

Doctor
    Australia
    Local Time:
    7:11 PM
    At last someone has given us an up-to-date waiting time! Looks like we can say it is about 36 weeks wait for those who ordered in March this year.

I am at 32 weeks so will probably be locked up in cold steel some time before Christmas.. Thanks heaps.

4. Joroincharge

Joroincharge Lock em up - 24/7/365!!

England
    Local Time:
    Shame about the limited supply - but ar least it is honest

5. sublime3070

sublime3070 tempest

Consultant
    Bedfordshire UK
    Local Time:
    Well it has arrived and is superb. It was worth the wait.. Excellent quality and does the job very well. With the piercing swing in place, there is no getting out... and it feels very comfortable having fitted it several times now.

One thing to be aware of.. it took close to two weeks to arrive from shipment date. US Priority mail seemed to take forever. I also got hit with a customs charge of £30 GB which further slowed the delivery.

6. lockedin

lockedin Member

Doctor
    Australia
    Local Time:
    7:11 PM
    So that was 36 weeks for a 2D.
    It would probably be useful for everyone if people gave updates on how long they had to wait until delivery when their 2C and 2D arrive.
    I will let you all know when my 2C gets here.

7. phoopha

phoopha Junior Member

Local Time:
    Thanks for giving us an idea of how long delivery is taking. Sublime, could I ask how your device was delivered? Did Royal Mail deliver it and collect the import duty? What was the packaging like? Any clues as to the contents on the outside? I'm curious as mine will be delivered to the UK, too, albeit, at this rate, not until next year now.

8. sublime3070

sublime3070 tempest

Consultant
    Bedfordshire UK
    Local Time:
    The delivery was ultimately managed via USPS.COM using a fully trackable service. Packaging was discreet and non-obvious.. just a normal package. The tracking service was good.. it just seemed quite slow to progress from one stage to the next.

I tracked the shipment throughout (Lori provided timely details of the shipment and codes) and I was fortunate enough to be able to go and collect the package from my local Parcelforce delivery point. Two days after I collected the package, I received a notice telling me that a package had been shipped and that customs charges were due and offering me payment options for the customs charges. I actually went to the parcelforce location and paid the dues there and then in order to pick up quickly. This took a few days off the total delivery time.. so keep a close eye on the tracking number.. and be prepared to have several days between changes of status.

If you are unlucky to be stopped with customs charges, you can either pay over the phone with a card or at the parcelforce depot (recommended) to speed things along. Take photo ID along and they'll release the goods on payment. All in all, shipment was ok.. As someone who had waited 7 months for the device, I was desperate to receive it and at the time, it seemed like forever. The reality is that the delivery was not that long in the bigger scheme of things. Lori was great throughout and could have done no more! Great device and well worth the wait.. if you have more questions, don't be shy. Cheers

9. phoopha

phoopha Junior Member

Local Time:
    Hi sublime, my device has finally cleared customs, with charges to pay (boo-hiss!) and is now currently in the national hub! I'm assuming that it will now ship to my local sorting office and I'll get the charges card / letter at some point? How did you know when and where to go to collect your device and pay any charges?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice