All these designs look the same, how to choose?

Discussion in 'Badass Workroom' started by sonhee, Dec 13, 2023.

1. sonhee

sonhee Long term member

Local Time:
    4:38 PM
    So I was looking at their website and the classic designs all look the same, like these:

Which makes me wonder how to choose? They all have the same options for locks and piercings.

Which one of these do you think is the most lightweight? And which one is the best in preventing masturbation by blocking access to the frenulum area?

2. A4w2

A4w2 Long term member

Los Angeles
    Local Time:
    8:38 AM
    I have a ba-28p which is super light (titanium version), any of them you can add some extra bars - but for security access to the frenulum - ba-06

sonhee likes this.
  3. BarbCD

BarbCD Long term member

Gainfully employed!
    Connecticut, USA
    Local Time:
    11:38 AM
    I agree with you that it can be very hard to figure out the differences in the cages. I just ordered one last week but I had to look at both the website and the Etsy pages to figure out the differences.

I believe that the BA-25 and BA-21 are very similar, except the 25 has more longitudinal bars. To my eye, the BA-01 looks just like the 21.

The 28 is a different design altogether from the other three. On the Etsy page it is called streamlined. Note that there are no protective bars at the tip, and the cage rings have gaps in them, intended for the various glans rings, tether spout attachments etc.

I ordered the 25 in titanium because I wanted more bars (and cowbell), but also less weight.

I think the 28 or the original 01 would probably be the lightest.

it might be best for you to email him and ask him.

sonhee likes this.
  4. Gremlin

Gremlin Active member

Local Time:
    11:38 AM
    I have 26 with the cylinder lock. The bars are so close that it is very difficult to touch your member. Maybe with a bristle brush but not your hand or fingers. So masturbation is pretty much not happening. It’s almost like a closed cage but cleanable.

5. pokekey

pokekey Long term member

United States, upper left part
    Local Time:
    I have the BA-25. The difference is the number of bars. More bars -> less touch and more weight.

My BA-25, in SS, is not too heavy. I don’t notice its weight, it is not a problem. But I think lighter would be better.

More bars means less touch. I can only touch my penis in a few places and that very limited. It is closer to the full cage experience, with the easy of cleaning of an open cage. There are a couple reasons to get more bars:

1. I found I could climax by stimulating the my glans with my lubed finger - if there was large enough an opening. The BA-25 prevents that. But everyone’s sexual response varies.
    2. If the cage is somewhat snug, skin can bulge through the bars and get pinched. More bars limits that.

If I was to order another cage, I might choose the -01 or -28 for lighter weight but get extra bars for security.

Hope this helps. Everyone’s needs and preferences are different.

sonhee likes this.
  6. sonhee

sonhee Long term member

Local Time:
    Where on his website does he offer that and how much does it cost?

Edit: I prefer the BA 28 for the weight (and ability to scratch myself lol) but the BA 25 for the fact you can't reach the glans with a lubed finger

7. IB-Chaste

IB-Chaste Chastity Superman.

Local Time:
    Ah man, I replied on another thread before I saw this one:

‘Can’t really answer your question on the BA-28, but as information on the BA-25:

The weight is negligible. I cannot feel my cage on at all (unless I make a conscious decision to do so.)

The restriction of the bars is overwhelmingly frustrating! I was considering going fully enclosed but went with the openness for hygiene…
    Only the bars are so close I can barely get a q-tip through. I can keep clean but absolutely no way to stimulate myself.
    Even my wife struggles. She was actually annoyed at first that she couldn’t caress me and make me moan for her. Now, she’s learned the only way is to get her tongue right in there. That works.

100% Recommend.’

My advice, given that others are saying that they can’t touch themselves in the other cages:
    Just go with the one you like the look of most.

8. A4w2

A4w2 Long term member

Los Angeles
    Local Time:
    Ask him in the customization text and he will add them - the up charge will be small (maybe 20-50$)

sonhee likes this.
  9. IB-Chaste

Local Time:
    Just message him before, he’s very good at replying to get new business…
    He didn’t charge me at all for my customisation, but it was all pretty standard.

sonhee likes this.
  10. sonhee

sonhee Long term member

Local Time:
    Great idea!

11. MaleChastityNow

MaleChastityNow making Bling for his thing

Chastity Device Maker
    Seattle, WA
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Is it just me, or is the design of the BA-01 directly stolen from MM's the JailBird design?

12. WTF15

WTF15 Active member

Local Time:
    I think it is fair to say that BAW's models are heavily inspired by some other devices. But then BAW made mods to improve them or add new features. For example, the BA-01 has two posts attached to the base ring to stop rotation and reduce stress on the locking screw.

They have options for a PA hook, reverse PA Hook, Frenum Hook, Apadravya Bar or Glans Retainer Ring, none of which are offered by MM. And, they can manufacture it in titanium.

So far, the biggest thing restricting BAW's sales volume seems to be their inability or unwillingness to hire additional staff. The western manufacturers shouldn't assume that this is a permanent situation. They should be looking to compete by innovating on features, options, materials, manufacturing methods, etc.

Iron78 and knightly like this.
  13. MaleChastityNow

Chastity Device Maker
    Seattle, WA
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Heavily Inspired ~ LOL

Do you really think BAW's sales volumes are currently restricted? Their current turnaround time seems to indicate otherwise. Both BAW and MM are several weeks out.

I'm curious to know what happens when a customer doesn't get their PA setback correct. It would seem to me that if the PA setback needs to be changed on their devices then possibly the cage length would need to be adjusted too. Does BAW offer support? Can the device be adjusted? Or is the customer out of luck?

It appears I may have to borrow some "inspiration" from BAW's designs, as they have from others. Where I still have an edge is that I ship within a few days of receiving an order.

14. IB-Chaste

Local Time:
    Probably steal some of their website design too. I looked at MCN and didn’t progress based on the website…

15. WTF15

WTF15 Active member

Local Time:
    Yeah, support is definitely an area where MCN and MM can kick BAW's butt. When I bought my cage from BAW in early 2023, sending the cage back for an adjustment was not an option - you had to be 100% certain of all measurements before ordering. If BAW screwed up a measurement, they would make a new cage for free, but if the buyer screwed up, that was money and time down the drain. I have seen suggestions that they can now accept shipments for adjustments, but that is not mentioned on their web site, so I discount it. They do offer the option of making 3D printed test cages, to confirm measurements, but that seems like a bit of kludge to me.

I figured out the PA setback I needed by wearing a cage that had a vertical slot on the front. This allowed me to wear the cage with the PA jewelry in place. I measured where the PA naturally rested so I knew exactly what PA setback I needed. The BAW-28 they made hit all specified dimensions within ±0.2mm, and the PA has zero pressure on it.

I probably would have ordered a cage from MCN if there was a titanium option. Unfortunately I have a nickel allergy, so SS is not workable for me.

16. MaleChastityNow

Chastity Device Maker
    Seattle, WA
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Now now, we don't use that word around here! The correct terminology is "borrow" or "inspire." ;)

17. MaleChastityNow

Chastity Device Maker
    Seattle, WA
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Would you mind elaborating more on this? I was under the impression that people with nickel allergies could still use stainless, so this is news to me. What sort of reaction do you experience?

Also, I just priced raw titanium materials and did some math. BAW charges $100 more for a device in titanium.

It would cost me almost that same amount for titanium vs. stainless, so there would be no profit in it for me... unless of course I charged more than a $100.00 increase for a device made in titanium.

BAW has the edge there, since they can likely source raw titanium materials for much less than I can.

18. WTF15

WTF15 Active member

Local Time:
    I don't know for a fact that I have a nickel allergy. But, everything I have tried to wear long term that was SS has resulted in noticeable pain and redness after about a week. Multiple 316L SS cages (from various vendors in China, so I don't know for a fact what the alloys really are), Tetherspout and an Apple Watch Sport Band (the backside of the SS pin rests against the skin, and that area becomes very red and sore after about a week if i wear the watch band close to full time).

So I tried a titanium cage from BAW, and found I could wear it full time for long term with zero skin pain or redness. The lighter weight of the titanium was a nice bonus.

19. Caged 4 Princess517

USA
    Local Time:
    10:38 AM
    MCN are you able to produce the retainer ring? Looking to have one in a cage style of the MM Jailbird.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice