Can you guess the PA depth?

Discussion in 'Badass Workroom' started by Iron78, Dec 16, 2023.

1. Iron78

Iron78 Long term member

Engineer
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    12:44 PM
    I have gone through 4 custom cages and 2 (soon 3) resin test cages, I am pretty sure of my measurements by now, and really want to order my ‘final’ titanium cage from BAW. The issue is that I want a PA and a cage to use it, but due to life (sports) I cannot get it done before June or July.

So, if I order a cage now I can order a ‘PA ring with no hook’, just to fix the spacing and allow me to use a PA later on. I can ship back my cage to BAW and get a PA hook created later, but shipping might be cumbersome.

I am thinking about ordering a PA hook as well now, hoping for the best and knowing that I might need to ship it back if it does not work out.

Is it possible to guess the “PA depth” in advance? And is it a very critical mesurement?

IMG_5446.jpeg

From this pictures and actual photos, it seems it is always right behing the head, or at least close to it.

I dot only own resin test cages now, I cannot wear theese for long, so I really need a good cage very soon.

Thanks for any feedback.

bondinchas likes this.
  2. Lockednchastee

Local Time:
    6:44 AM
    Order the cage and then tell the piercer where you want the hole. It doesn't need to be as exact as people often think.

Iron78 likes this.
  3. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    11:44 AM
    #3 bondinchas, Dec 17, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2023
    As you've shown with the image you posted, it should be relatively easy for you to measure the PA depth on your own body, even if you haven't had the piercing yet.

Too long or too short?

If the PA hook on the cage is a little too short, then there will be front-back pressure on the piercing hole and your glans will be pressed against the end of the cage. Maybe uncomfortable and probably not the best for a fresh piercing either.

If the PA hook is a little too long, then your penis won't be able to reach the end of the cage.
    You won't have the crushed glans tip problem, but you will still have the risk of longitudinal pressure on the piercing hole. This time because there'll be room at the end of the cage for your penis to grow when you get aroused, all the more so because there'll be more space between the glans and the end of the cage. What might then happen is that the piercing hole may then slide up the hook towards the tip.

It'll be best if you get it just right. Measure yourself multiple times a day over several days, making sure you have at least a dozen measurements. Omitting any obvious outliers, add up all the measurements you made and get an average.
    Then measure that average back to your penis and you should be happy with the placement.

You might afterwards also take a few measurements when erect as well, just to see if there's a big difference or not - but don't use those measurements to predict the dimension you need for the device - it won't have any benefit for the too long scenario, and the cage shouldn't be anywhere long enough to wear with a full erection!

Iron78 likes this.
  4. bondinchas

UK
    Local Time:
  5. Iron78

Iron78 Long term member

Engineer
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    That was my hope, thank you for confirming.

Now I get a little confused, it sounds like it is not that easy anyway. Or are we just talking worst case scenario here?

I was not asking for general measurements, I do have this dialed in after 7 cages. But thanks anyway.

I am not really sure how this image is more helpfull than the one I posted. I am going to order the cage soon any way, I am not going 8 months without a cage. The question is just if I order a PA hook now, do I have a 10% or 90% chance of getting it right?

6. Iron78

Iron78 Long term member

Engineer
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    I do not think I can tell the piercer where to place it, and it would prefer a proffesional person to decide. But I am wondering about how big a tollerance there is acceptable for the location.

7. bondinchas

UK
    Local Time:
    There's another way...
    Go to a piercer and find out where they would position the hole for the PA.
    Either get it done then or leave it until later, but that way you'll have a professional opinion too.

ValleyMichael likes this.
  8. ValleyMichael

ValleyMichael Junior Member

Local Time:
    Maybe you've ordered already, but I came to say the same thing as bondinchas. You can make a consultation appointment with a piercer to see where they would place it. Have them mark it, then you can measure to that spot. If you're comfortable with it, tell them that you are getting it for a chastity cage - they may want to adjust the position based on this to ensure there's enough skin inside the piercing. If not, tell them you plan to gauge up to 0-gauge over time since, as I understand it, the placement should be similar for heavier jewelry. I am not a piercer, if you want professional advice you could also anonymously consult a piercer online.

If you did order this already along with a hook, I'd be curious to hear how it goes when you get the piercing next summer. Based on my experience, you should probably plan for at least a couple weeks out of the cage for the piercing to heal.

Danny15 likes this.
  9. Iron78

Iron78 Long term member

Engineer
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    Well my life took an unexpected change, so I have a piercing appointment next week.
    I have placed a order for a new cage, but they have put it on hold, until I provide exact measurements.

I expect to be out of the cage for longer than 2 weeks.

Danny15 likes this.
  10. MaleChastityNow

MaleChastityNow making Bling for his thing

Chastity Device Maker
    Seattle, WA
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    3:44 AM
    As a chastity device manufacturer I will tell you that the positioning of a PA and obtaining a definitive measurement of one's setback is a huge moving target. Most of the devices I make that need adjustment come back to me for relocation of the PA lock mount.

If it's too far back you end up with open space in the cage between the tip of our penis and front of the cage.

If the lock is mounted too far forward then the tip of you penis can be continually pressed into the front of the cage.

When it's possible, what I have my customer's do is buy their cage without the attachment, then mark the cage with a sharpie in the spot where their piercing naturally situates itself. Then they send the cage back to me for the PA system to be attached. Not everyone can do this, though I've found it to be the best approach to date.

Iron78, Danny15 and Peter Rabbit like this.
  11. Iron78

Iron78 Long term member

Engineer
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    Thanks a lot for that information.

12. Ekkaal V

Ekkaal V Member

Canada
    Local Time:
    Hello Iron78

Did you get pierced ?

Usually, the piercer will decide where to pierce based on your frenum and other consideration. Mine took about a year to heal. So take your time before going with a cage.

In my opinion, a chastity cage with a PA hook is only viable once you stretch it to a 0Gauge. Then you can have a hollow type which helps a lot when urinating.

13. TiGuy

TiGuy Member

UK
    Local Time:
    for $400 I’d wait til you have the new hole & healing process is underway

14. Iron78

Iron78 Long term member

Engineer
    Denmark
    Local Time:
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice