Chronovault

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by Joroincharge, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Joroincharge

Joroincharge Lock em up - 24/7/365!!

England
    Local Time:
    3:45 AM
    I see DreamLover have brought out a new remote conrtol device for keyholding. It is at:

http://www.dreamloverlabs.com/chronovault.php

Does any one have experience of it, generally, and especially how the 'multiple users' advanced option works?

2. Keuschling

Keuschling Active member

Germany, BW, near Ulm
    Local Time:
    2:45 AM
    Hi together,

as i read on their webpage, it is not marketed yet. So asking for experience is currently futile. Anticipated release for market is Nov/Dec 2011.

But i think it is a damn interesting device. Hopefully it is not too expensive though. Maybe it is a nice Xmas present. Be it within a relationship or for a single, just making this special present to himself.

Chaste regards,
    Keuschling

3. Joroincharge

Joroincharge Lock em up - 24/7/365!!

England
    Local Time:
    Ah! I saw in a post somewhere, though couldn't find the spot on their site, that it's $499. DL are never cheap though.

Time will tell, I daresay.

4. Jobicek

Jobicek Junior Member

Local Time:
    Years ago I found the keysafe.org. I liked the idea and wanted to build one myself and possibly improve the original design. After some thinking I came to a conclusion:

1) You can make the keysafe as secure as you want but it's useless if the lock is not up to par. I can open locks typically used on chastity devices within seconds. Security screws are better but won't help if you are determined. And there is the disadvantage that all screws of the same type can be opened by the same tool. If it's commercially available you have no problem and even if the screw is custom design you can probably buy it - manufacturer of the device probably sells additional tools and in the worst case you will have to buy a whole device. Even if all this will fail (maybe it was made for your keyholder exclusively) you can still try to manufacture the tool yourself.

2) Piece of pipe with cut out for the key where you will place the key inside and secure it in place with numbered seal will do the same job for a fraction of the cost (see http://steelworxx.de/images/products/schluesselsafe_gross.jpg ). And you can make it yourself. All the systems I created relied at some point on visual check by a keyholder (via web cam for example). Without that all of them could be circumvented given enough time and appropriate equipment. There are some solutions but they are unfeasible (mainly from economical point of view).

3) I find digital combination locks with invalid code penalty very useful. Put keys in a box and secure it with such lock. Time delay keeps you from guessing correct combination. Keyholder can easily send you the combination when you need it. These locks often have a log that will show your attempts to get in. You can find safe locks with this functionality.

4) Best is if the device itself has support for a seal. Custom made security screw is better than a lock if you can't buy the necessary tool. If you have a key secure it in a pipe using a seal. Keysafes are good for people who are playing alone, want help during their weak moments and a sealed pipe just wouldn't be enough. Such people can also consider time delay safes/ locks. After entering correct code you still have to wait for it to open. That gives you opportunity to regain control (change your mind).

Only problem I have with DL Chronovault is lack of "in case of emergency" option. If your internet connection is down you have no other choice but to destroy a device that is claimed to be very resilient.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice