Birdlocked Pin Replacement

Discussion in 'Birdlocked' started by destructobob, May 3, 2011.

1. destructobob

destructobob Member

Local Time:
    9:53 PM
    Hello,

I just had the locking pin on my birdlocked classic snap. A common accident from what I can tell, but none the less my birdlocked is out of action at the moment. I'm using 8 inch long zip ties as a replacement, using them to replace the entire strap setup, and they do work, but don't provide the same sense of control that a locked padlock does.

Does anybody know where I could order a stronger locking pin, preferably made of metal? Or is there a decent way to build my own at home and still be able to use the padlock and key?

Any suggestions would be appreciated, Thanks!

2. sissymissyct

sissymissyct Member

retired
    Local Time:
    11:53 PM
    I would take the original and trace out the shape. Take a large bolt to a grinding wheel and reshape it to match the pin. Drill a hole through the top and you will be good to go.

PS . For quick repairs to silicone, Permatex makes an excellent clear silicone glue that works quite well. clean the birdlocked well with alcohol before applying :)

3. Incisen

Incisen Junior Member

Local Time:
    12:53 AM
    Birdlocked HQ has redesigned the pins to be stronger and they provide replacements for free ! Just contact them

Cheers

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice