How to measure for Mature Metal custom?

Discussion in 'Novices and newbies' started by Potshot21, Jun 9, 2023.

1. Potshot21

Potshot21 New member

Local Time:
    8:04 AM
    Looking to final make the step to a custom fit metal cage as chastity is becoming a regular aspect of my wife and I's relationship.

Most of the measurements required are pretty straight forward but a few I'm fuzzy on. In particular, I'm not sure how one would measure the gap? I think this has been a issue for me with other cheap cages having too small of a gap, but uncertain of how going to big could be detrimental to the fit and comfort.

Also any tips for measuring length? I've been wearing a Nub size but it's a touch small and the Nano size is just a bit too long allowing my penis to move around so my urethra doesn't line up with the opening anymore.

Also, I'm curious if anyone has experience with the security screw used on MM cages? My wife likes to use me frequently and I'll be locking and unlocking often. I'm really not into the pad lock thing, and hoping to hear that the security screw isn't too much of a hassle to deal with!

Thanks!

2. bemfem

bemfem Long term member

Indiana, USA
    Local Time:
    I love the security screw. Much better than a lock. I do lock and unlock also frequently and only when my wife allows. Othwerise, I have been caged 24/7 over a year in Jail Bird and love it. I wrote a guide that might help you:
    https://www.chastitymansion.com/for...for-24-7-cock-cage-wearing.45079/#post-509577

Krystine Kellogg made a podcast about my cock cage guide if you are interested:
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/krystines-flr-podcast/id1529833492?i=1000571210960
    EP: 0241 — https://www.krystinekellogg.com

3. The Queens consort

The Queens consort Long term member

Retired
    Central Indiana
    Local Time:
    Contact Mature Metal for assistance.

4. Littlejt1

Littlejt1 Long term member

Texas
    Local Time:
    6:04 AM
    Agree call MM and they can help. One piece of advice (and I’ve worn both jailbird and queens keep for extended times) is go with the horizontal oval ring. To me this makes getting the gap adjustment right. Also start with the standard recommended gap…it’s very easy to adjust thus slightly yourself if you you have a bench vice and a small hollow steel bar. William talked me through adjusting my own the first time…conversely you can send it back in. They’re super nice folks and very helpful.

On the length, go shorter than you think your really need… measure your fully flaccid length, and don’t stretch it out, an I’d personally subtract 1/4-1/2” from that to get the right fit. Again if it’s too long, they can easily adjust it, and it’s worth it getting things right even if you have to send in for a tweak or two. Another think to think about with a shorter cage, you can make it slightly wider around to accommodate for the “scrunching” effect you may have. You don’t want it to be “tight” but you also don’t want it flopping around inside. Best fit is when it touches all the surfaces of the bars, and the tip stays at the end -makes it easier to pee that way too.

Security screw is a great option, looks cleaner and yeah, no lock clanging around. Downside is that I feel like the screws are easy to strip slightly, every one of ours did and we ordered extra screws, and I’d make sure you get two keys in the beginning. Keep in mind they don’t sell extra keys once you order.

Good luck!! I would still be in my MM cage if I hadn’t been pierced and now in a GA2.

The Queens consort likes this.
  5. diaperedncaged

Local Time:
    7:04 AM
    As others have pointed out, you can always call Mistress MM for help. If you're nervous about talking to her about it over the phone, you can always send them an email.

Gap - I think most of everyone uses the standard 3/8" as that is what the guide recommends. I went with 3/8" on my cage and felt it was good. Had some bit of pinch/burning type pain initially, but the baby oil/lube around the base ring helps with that.

Length - Recommend measuring multiple times on different days/hours of the day. You want to use the underside of the penis to the head. I usually had an index card and would mark it whenever I measured and took the smallest measurement and subtracted 1/4" from that.

I think my cage is pretty good, only thing I had to adjust was the base ring size, but cage ID and length have been perfect. After changing the base ring size, I would say my cage is 98% perfect. Now, I am just figuring out if I should get a double base ring as it does still slide down occasionally, but not as much as before I got the adjustment. Otherwise, besides turtling, everything is good and I am working towards 24/7 wear.

Security screw - Highly recommend it. Makes the cage less bulky and more sleek. Isn't very hard to unlock/relock often. Only con is the initial price, but this is an expensive hobby to begin with.

If you haven't already, I recommend you get the sizing rings. The cage ID is not adjustable, so you want to make sure that is the right size.

MacKenzie1518 likes this.
  6. Shepherdsflock

Shepherdsflock Long term member

Local Time:
    7:04 AM
    I would subtract 1/8" to 1/4" from their recommended length measurement. When I bought my Queen's Keep, I found it to be a little bit long even though I measured exactly they had instructed. Everything else was spot on.

7. Potshot21

Potshot21 New member

Local Time:
    Thats everyone for the replies and advice! I was assuming the standard gap would be alright, I was curious because my current HT v5 was a little tight with a 45mm ring and thought maybe the change in gap size would prevent the circulation issues I was having with it. I have a 50mm ring on the way to try out and hoping it will still be snug and secure and also comfortable.

Very excited to hear the security screw isn't a pain to deal with! I kind of like the idea of it and the sleek form.

I just noticed the double base ring from MM and I'm not very familiar with the pros and cons. Diaperedncaged mentioned it helps keep it from slipping? I like the idea of a cage that stays put as I'm a pretty active person and my wife and I are planning on this being 24/7. Anybody with details on the ups/downs/tradeoffs would be appreciated!!

The index card and measuring from the underside is a great idea! Thank you, I will give that a try.

8. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    1:04 PM
    they will send you some little rings to try on if you ask them.

9. Littlejt1

Littlejt1 Long term member

Texas
    Local Time:
    6:04 AM
    I will say if you go double rings you may have to adjust the size a little bigger… personally I didn’t care for the double base ring… the oval ring was the game changer for me. Also the ring type may depend on how your balls hang (high and tight vs low) I always ran high so often didn’t have the room for a double ring.

10. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    However you do measure, do it again and again! Do it at different times of the day to and after different activities to get a full picture of what size you will need, you won’t believe just how it varies.

11. Potshot21

Potshot21 New member

Local Time:
    Thanks for all the advice, I measured everything up multiple times and made my best guestimates and pulled the trigger on the Pet Trap. Now the agonizing wait for it to arrive ;)

My Miss was very pleased I had placed my order, surprisingly I think she's even more excited than I am for it! I brought chastity to our dynamic, but she is certainly going to ensure it stays securely locked in our relationship

12. bemfem

bemfem Long term member

Indiana, USA
    Local Time:
    Great. If you need adjustements after some testing period, don't worry. MM does that well and fast. I had to send my Jail Bird back as it was too long. Hopefully it will all sit well.

13. Potshot21

Potshot21 New member

Local Time:
    I'm hoping it does and very confident it should fit better than other cages. I have a thicker penis and I've always struggled with mass production cages. Just having some extra room in there to fit should make my chastity even easier!

14. Zevon

Zevon Long term member

retired
    Virginia
    Local Time:
    You can't measure the gap. The recommended 3/8 inch works for most, but it's an easy change I'm told. Length ? When you are At Your Smallest, simply measure from the back base of your D to the tip. No pulling, no stretching, no pushing the tape into your groin. Likewise, don't try to shrink it in a cold shower. Natural smallest. Now do it over and over for a week, different times of day. You will find you eventually keep getting the same number. Security screw is the only way to go. Easy to do, completely secure if you tighten it properly. You don't have to "lean into it" to get it tight enough. And your wife will have the added benefit of having that strange looking thing/ key around her neck. He sister asked about it several times, as did a friend who was 90. He was a very smart man, and although it was something I doubt he knew anything about, we both think he suspected. He was smart enough he may even have researched it.

You will love your MM device. Mine both fit perfectly first time.

15. Gking

Gking Active member

Devon - United Kingdom
    Local Time:

16. Gking

Gking Active member

Devon - United Kingdom
    Local Time:

17. Gking

Gking Active member

Devon - United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    m
    Ref the security screw from experience you just have to be very mindful if unlocking and locking quite frequently take care not to damage the thread ! Last thing you need is a cross thread

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice