Neosteel Arch....metal or silicone waistband?

Discussion in 'Full Belts' started by easternsub, Feb 23, 2011.

1. easternsub

easternsub Junior Member

Local Time:
    2:23 PM
    I'm considering a Neosteel Arch and need help deciding on a silicone or steel waistband.

I've read positive and negative reviews on both so it's hard to decide. I know Gweny swears by the steel version, especially in warm/humid climates. But I've also read people praise the silicone as being more comfortable. I do like the idea of the steel being slimmer and not having to worry about the silicone cracking but it has to be comfortable more than anything.

Would love to hear some comments. Especially if you experience with BOTH silicone and steel waistbands.

Thanks!

2. Missy Tanya

Missy Tanya Senior Member

Pacific Northwest
    Local Time:
    6:23 AM
    Easternsub, I can only comment on the Silicone Liner. It is comfy, but I do get some rash type spots at times, if wearing for long length of time. Like 72 hours or more straight. My liner is tearing in some places, not causing any problems yet, but someday will need relined. I have had the belt 4 years, but don't wear it 24/7, but more all the time.

When the time comes for a new belt, I will most likely go with the Masterpiece without any liner. Then I will have one less thing to wear out. From what I've read, it's the way to go. You can use many more types of lube, as steel isn't going to react to them in the way silicone would.

No I'm not much help, but do what I can, Missy Tanya

3. dclann

dclann Active member

Local Time:
    Easternsub, i've owned both. my first neosteel hip belt had the silicon liner (2004). After full time wear for three years, the liner needed replaced and the belt was sent back to Germany. To sell the belt last year (2010), the belt was again sent to neosteel for a new liner. Please do not misunderstand. i wore the belt almost full time, and was rough on it. This is not negative feedback. Please understand it's only practical maintenance. The silicon liner is very comfortable and durable, but somethings just wear out with hard and continual use.

The second neosteel belt,the one i now have, is the Masterpiece model with masterpiece crotch shield purchased Oct, 2009. It is all stainless steel. The belt is easy to clean and very comfortable, unless you gain too much weight and out grow the belt.

MistressL (my Wife/KH) thinks the Masterpiece stainless steel looks great.
    my recommendation would be for the Masterpiece system model, but on a scale of 1 - 10 it would be a 10 and the one with the silicon liner would be a 9.5.

So you see, it is more a matter of preference and intended use. If your belt will be worn full time i'd lean to the Masterpiece, otherwise, either one would be a wonderful investment. Neosteel is the top of the line as far as i'm concerned.

Any questions, please feel free to ask.
    dc{MsL}

Attached Files:

• Neo.JPG
      Neo.JPG
      File size:
      3.4 KB
      Views:
  4. easternsub

easternsub Junior Member

Local Time:
    2:23 PM
    Do both of you use lube for the waistband?

I hear people with full belts mention lube occasionally and that is something that turns me off. Is this necessary or only for certain people?

I mean who wants to have Vaseline etc. spread around their waist and rubbing into their clothes?

5. dclann

dclann Active member

Local Time:
    Occasionally i use a little Albolene cream on the waistband, after i shower.

http://www.albolenecleanser.com/Pages/Albolene_Home

The Journal of the American Medical Association, Volume 43 has a small note about it.

http://books.google.com/books?id=FlXlAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA528&lpg=PA528&dq=Occasionally+i+use+a+little+Albolene+cream&source=bl&ots=tyHS3DR8jF&sig=gp-dfvEs99cD_q5GiDcuhZyElrc&hl=en&ei=ch5wTZzJIY66sQOe2_D5CA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=7&ved=0CDsQ6AEwBg#v=onepage&q=Occasionally%20i%20use%20a%20little%20Albolene%20cream&f=false

It's a moisturizer, non scented, and helps the skin next to the belt. It is non-irratating and useful for other things.

a little goes a long way.

Easy to find.
    dc

6. tholstro

tholstro Member

Local Time:
    8:23 AM
    I also have the Arch with the stainless belt... I forget I have it on. Showering, working out, no problem... The only thing that I do feel is where the base of the tube sits'rests onto the base of the penis/stomach/groin area. I do get a little sore there. I've talked to Reinhold, adjusted things here and there and just can't get the tube comfortable. I sit all day for work and that might have a great deal to do with it. When not sitting, it's great...

All the best!

Tom

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice