Regluing a belt liner - technical help

Discussion in 'Full Belts' started by beltwaybound, Feb 27, 2011.

1. beltwaybound

beltwaybound Junior Member

Local Time:
    12:14 PM
    Hi, I have a neosteel belt with a silicone liner, worn off and on for a few years.
    The belt is still in fine shape, and the liner is still pretty much intact too, but the glue that holds it on the belt has worn off
    so it is kind of a pain to keep working it back on to the belt every time I put it on.
    So I am going to try regluing the liner on. Seems like a simple enough job within my meagre shop skills :)
    Just wondering, has anyone tried this before? Any recommendations on what kind of glue to get and how to apply it?
    Again, belt is stainless steel, liner is silicone (not neoprene).
    Thanks!

2. gweny

gweny Senior Member

Windhoek
    Local Time:
    5:14 PM

hi ........i tried it before..funny enough nothing worked.. the best thing , send it back to neosteel,, they will help you and it will last..
    you see that is the reason why they developed the masterpiece system,my tip it works well without those profiles ...but for the meantime, just send it back for re-lining.. reg.. GWENY

Attached Files:

3. mitzemit

mitzemit Junior Member

Local Time:
    4:14 PM
    I had the same problem, removed the entire lining, then with an emery drill bit I roughened up the surface area where the lining sits on both the metal part as well as the inside of the lining, and then using silicone sealer similar to the marine sillicone sealer, re-glued it, with 100% success.

4. dclann

dclann Active member

Local Time:
    9:14 AM
    i tried it too. Silicon glue works as a stop gap, if the waistband is very clean, then wiped with rubbing alcohol.
    this will get you by for a half year or so, but sooner or later you'll have to have the liner replaced.
    Just plan on it as maintenance every 3 - 4 years with regular use. i wore mine almost 24/7 and replaced it twice in 6 years.
    that was one reason my new belt is the Masterpiece w/o any liner.

best of luck
    dc{MsL}

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice