Any attorneys out there??

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by Mistress Michelle, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Mistress Michelle

Mistress Michelle Magical Mistress

Local Time:
    3:13 PM
    As many of you know I have been in search of a live in housemaid, and I am happy to say I found one BUT...one issue, she lives in the UK :( Now she is more than willing to come here and live in as My housemaid but we seem to be running into alot of redtape ( what a shock)
    She wants to come visit for a couple weeks first, which is perfectly ok, but I dont want her to come here for a visit, we hit it off and want to go thru with this only to find out after the fact that its not possible. SO....I am hoping there is either an attorney out in cyberspace somewhere here on Mansion that may be able to shed some light on the subject, or perhaps someone living here in the US that has had a similar experience that could give us some ideas as to how to make this work.
    You certainly do not have to reply to this thread itself, you could PM Me if you would, I promise to keep our conversations private.

Just some background on what we want to do...I want her as a live in housekeeper, she will not be paid for this service, it is strictly room and board. And, shes more than willing to go back to the UK periodicaly as needed.

Thanks,
    Mistress Michelle

2. allythemaid

allythemaid Active member

Local Time:
    8:13 PM
    Moving to the US legally is very difficult.
    I have looked into this several times and options are limited. Work permit sponsorship is very limited and for a housekeeper would be out of the question. There are student visa systems which might be your best bet. The easiest way (and still not all that easy) is marriage for the greencard, but ICE gets very grumpy about this if they think you are scamming them.

Basically moving to the USA is very difficult to do legally, you are right to ask about a lawyer of course, I have only my experience looking at work sponsorship and other research. All in all though USA is one of the hardest places to get into. Getting my UK visa was painful enough, and the USA one has MUCH more paperwork

3. Mistress Michelle

Local Time:
    Thanks ally for your response.
    One thing struck me as funny though, you said the US is one of the hardest places to get into, which I am sure is true if you want to do it legally. However 'others' dont have a problem getting in illegally and taking advantage of our country, all I want is a damn maid!

4. susie q

susie q Dear friend of the Mistress Michelle clan

Local Time:
    :unsure: I'm no Jonnie Cochran but heres a start.... be a stowaway on a ship,into mexico,from there jump the border,watch the bullets btw B) cross texas head north and east into Va ,Mistress will take very good care of you ,no offence to the spanish comminity btw just the way it is ,i don't make this stuff up ;) love and a curtsey to Mistress :chores003:

5. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    8:13 PM
    There's always the Green Card Lottery - DV Lottery

Yes, it's a luck thing, but it's worth a try whilst battling with the red tape!

Good luck Michelle, and if you find a way to get a Brit to the US, you know I'd love to hear about it!

6. Mistress Michelle

Local Time:
    LOL, I know Emma. This sucks! But dont worry, if we figure out anything I will let you know right away! And...still hoping youre visiting again soon, let Me know what youre thinking.

Mistress Michelle

7. imkink4u

imkink4u Member

Local Time:
    A quick discussion with my boss. He says you're really opening up a big can of worms here. Even though there would not be monetary compensation, room and board in exchange for services is considered pay. So now you have an employee and all the legal responsibilities of an employer. Joel says he can't help with what is needed to get him or her over here. This is out of his law forte. Our office specialties is civil rights issues. Mostly for the gay and alternative lifestyle types.
    Which brings up the question I can't help but ask, and I'm sure others are wondering about. Does this prospect know of your "hobbies"?!?

8. imkink4u

imkink4u Member

Local Time:
    Googling "how to get a visa for a housekeeper" brings up some info.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice