Anyone tried the hinged backring?

Discussion in 'Badass Workroom' started by Iron78, Oct 24, 2022.

1. Iron78

Iron78 Long term member

Engineer
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    11:59 PM
    Hi everybody.

I can wear a fairly small backring (42mm) without any discomfort. Only problem is that when I need to get the cage off while being very exited at the same time, it is very hard to get the backring off (my wife loves to tease me before PIV).

I was wondering if the hinged backring could be a solution, I have tried a hinge on a cheap cage in the past, and it was completely useless. But maybe it would work on a quality cage?

And before anybody suggests it, I cannot leave it on. My wife wants me naked for PIV.

Hard-Aching-69 likes this.
  2. Happydude

Happydude Member

Manager
    UK, London
    Local Time:
    10:59 PM
    I've tried devices with a hinged back ring, but usually they are circular and I find the more naturally shaped ones which are curved and rectangle more comfortable. The advantage is you don't need to stuff your nuts through the little loop. You just need to be careful not to catch your pubes or skin in the hinge when you close it.

Hard-Aching-69 likes this.
  3. locked_sheila

locked_sheila Long term member

Local Time:
    The hinge can pinch when you get excited. When I used one with a hinge it did cause a sore that broke the skin.

I now use a solid ring permanently now.

To reduce any issues with the hinged area can use tape or a plaster to wrap wound the hinge.

4. halo

halo Junior Member

Local Time:
    I have owned various ball-trap style devices since they first were introduced and I have always had trouble with solid rings, be they circular or oval or 3D ergo. I've had many different styles of solid rings and I have extreme difficultiy with them, even at 55mm. My unit isn't big and I don't think my balls are particularly large either, I just have a very difficult time getting into a solid ring. When I do, sometimes a ball can slip back up inside me, but any smaller and I have no chance of getting in. Have tried lots of techniques, watched videos, lube, arousal is not the issues, etc.

Hinged rings are harder to find but they show up on the Chinese devices. Some of the designs have the top of the ring form the channel in conjuction with the cage for the lock however I have found these are almost impossible to get lined up and the lock closed when they are actually on you. I have found instead that using a hinged ring that fully closes, e.g. it comes together it meet itself at the top, works way better and lets me put the cage on quite quickly (and off too).

The early Chinese devices would come with a small piece of tubing you could slide down the ring and put over the hinge. It can pinch but again, on a hinged ring that solidly closes, the hinge movement after locking up is zero, so you really just need to be careful during install; a finger or a piece of cloth can easily cover it to prevent a pinch during install.

I wish there were more people who would do hinged rings. There are a bunch of devices I would jump on if I could get that. After trying so many times to work with solid rings, I've come to the conclusion my body just doesn't like that.

5. latexbound

latexbound Locked

Wales, UK
    Local Time:
    Hinged rings are certainly the best design for putting on and off, but as others have mentioned, they can pinch and that can really hurt! I have a steelworxx looker 02 with a hinged ring that came with a small rubber tubing in place over the hinge. It solves the problem perfectly. So if you can get a hinged ring with a rubber covering, I certainly recommend it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice