Air Travel Warning re Plastic & Silicone Devices

Discussion in 'Female led relationships' started by finallyChaste, Sep 16, 2010.

Random Thread
  1. her_pantyboy

her_pantyboy Active member

Construction
    Fort Laudedale
    Local Time:
    2:26 AM
    If you have been following along at "now is as good as time as ever" http://www.chastitymansion.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3076-now-is-as-good-a-time-as-ever/page__p__35806#entry35806

you would know that the ring of my cb-6000s broke two days before i was to return home. i flew out of Pittsburgh Wednesday on a domestic flight my cb-6000s packed away :( i had every intension of wearing it home, if fact felt naked with out it.

as i went through security they had both types of screening machines, a TCA official then would point to which machine he wanted you to go through the metal detector or the new enhanced body screening machine.

as i finish putting my things on the belt to go through the x-ray, the line to the enhanced body screening machine had two people waiting, so i was directed to go through the metal detector. i thought that would of been close if i was still locked.

2. dbows1966

dbows1966 Junior Member

Local Time:
    7:26 AM
    not sure how this applies to the thread. But would be very interested to know how this will apply to genital piercings as when traveling to the states from london have always expected the scanner to go off and so far have never had a peep. Did have an occurance in a small french airport but when they used the wand it only picked up some change in my pocket and not my piercing

3. Goddess Jen

Goddess Jen Expert in tease and denial

Local Time:
    1:26 AM
    I'll keep you all posted as to what happens next Monday. My pet will not be taking off his collar for the flight. He can't, and it's as simple as that. Since I've yet to speak to an ACTUAL person that I know have an issue with it, I'm not going to worry.

I'll let you know what happens, so the myths can be debunked. Ooooo...I feel like the dude from Mythbusters!! B)

4. cockislocked

cockislocked Senior Member

Local Time:
    i was on an internal flight from London heathrow T5 up to Manchester two days ago, a 30 min flight, there was a girl with about 20 piercings in her face which sent the metal detectors nuts. The security made her take out as many as she could and then she was carted off to a side room... She didn't make the flight. Which myhtbuster dude. The beret one or the other. Can't remember their names!!

5. Ms Tinks wand

Ms Tinks wand Long term member

Local Time:
    Flying out of Ottawa I was given the choice of the new scanner or a bidy pat down (I wasn't locked). I went for the pat down as it was quicker andless invasive of my privacy

6. Lock Up Male

Lock Up Male Permanently Collared

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Dated 2008 :- http://www.tsa.dhs.gov/press/happenings/lubbock.shtm
    TSA Review their policy after a woman was forced to remove a nipple ring with a pair of pilers.

http://www.tsa.dhs.gov/travelers/airtravel/screening/index.shtm
    I'm getting to the airport with PLENTLY of time to spare. And I will make security aware of my collar before I even go through the scanner. "Hey, I'm probably going to set this thing off. This is why...."
    I'm really not worried about it.

7. mistressB

mistressB Member

Local Time:
    6:26 AM
    My hubby has been to hospital appontments, docs, work,

On our honeymoon to amsterdam in 2007 he wore his curve and had no problems. If we go away he'll wear it again. I like that he might have to show someone and explain.

We were out last week and I had to confess I actually didn't know where the key was lol

8. northoftheriver

northoftheriver Junior Member

Local Time:
    For what it's worth I was feeling a little reckless and went through London Heathrow T5 last year with a CB6k / plastic lock. I passed through the scanner without problem but was 'invited' to be wanded ... the security official hesitated and frowned slightly as the wand passed over my crotch area but didn't comment and I was waved through.

However, having since talked with a couple of contacts in the airline industry (not about this subject per se, but in general) I'm reluctant to risk it again; it appears that with the increased security paranoia, anything that departs from 'normal passenger profile' is likely to cause delay and, in the worst case, refusal to board. Security levels in the industry are not static, they change from day to day and even from hour to hour, depending on advice from the governmental security agencies, so if you are unfortunate enough to rock up at the security screen wearing a CB6k just as there is a top level security alert going on, you are probably going to be screwed.

Passing through security with a CB in the carry-on bag may be an option, but again you run the risk of the secondary security scan at the gate.

The other factor to bear in mind is that if one is travelling in the back of the aircraft, making occasional adjustment to the CB is likely to be noticed by one's fellow sardines.

The only real solution to this dillemma, in my humble opinion, is to pack the CB in the hold baggage, head for the washroom immediately after clearing customs at the destination, retrieve the device and use real-time photo-verification that it is back on and safely re-locked with a numbered tag.

However, I have been thinking about the possibility of using external male catheters combined with self-adhesive numbered seals as a possible means of effecting temporary security whilst travelling unlocked, I shall be carrying out some experiments with this once I am through my current period of chastity (which may be some time off!)

NotR

9. cockislocked

cockislocked Senior Member

Local Time:
    Hi Goddess Jen. i was wondering how your man got on when he went through the security in the UK? Very interested to know, especially after the issue this week end when a plane bound for the USA was discovered to have a bomb on board in the UK, it originated in the Yemen.

Hope You and he has fun!

10. Locked_In_LV

Locked_In_LV Long term member

Las Vegas, NV
    Local Time:
    11:26 PM
  11. Ms Tinks wand

Ms Tinks wand Long term member

Local Time:
    My Mistress unlocked me when th elimo arrived nd I took the looker through as hand luggage. I then locked nyself up on arriving at the hotel and used a pre-marked plastic cable tie to seal the deal. I then took a photo and sent it to Mistress. After that, locked up until 2 minutes before I left, where I took another photo, emailed to Ms Tinks to prove that the tie was still in place, and unlocked myself. No time for any funny business.

12. Lock Up Male

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    My collar broke a few days before I took my flight. The glue that holds the cable into the clasp came loose. No biggy and easy to fix with some really strong metal glue but I flew without my collar. Birmingham Airport was a breeze for security. They said give it 2 hours but I was through in 5 mins (put everything in my pockets in the tray and got laptop out of the my carry on. That went though the x-ray, then put everything back).
    Amsterdam-Chicago was no hassle either. They has one of the full body scanners at the gate and everyone was either Full scanned or Metal detected. The Full body scanner was quicker then the metal detector so most people including myself went though that. The machine did not produce a "naked" image of myself, But it had an outline of a person and high lighted areas where to pat down. My pocket had my smokes in it and that showed up but the person working the scanner didn't check my pockets.

I had my CB in my hand luggage as I didn't want it thrown about and cracking. That bag was scanned twice and had no issues. Mistress Jen wanted me to fly relaxed so didn't make me fly locked up. But tbh the most problem I had was at US customs/immigration, Asking me what I do, how I knew the people I was staying with. But all in all everything was fine.

Not a "flying while collared/locked" post but thought I would post how my screening went.

On another note, Had a nice flight, was too excited to sleep, and I've been having a wonderful time here with mistress. Mistress Has left me have the evening "off" So been able to post, But I spent the day chained up in the "Man Cave" / Basement while working on a computer for mistress. Having lots of fun. Had a party on Saturday and NOM NOM NOM.... The food is great. And I'm bound to see a fair few of you at the gathering.

13. Lock Up Male

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    BTW... Mistress Jen (well happy pants) glued my collar shut before the gathering. On the way home this is how security went... IT WAS A NIGHTMARE!!!! at O'Hare I was pointed towards the plain old metal detector, I said that the chances are I was going to set it off. The Man asked why so I just said cause of this and pointed, he said "of is that metal? ok you can go though the body scanner as it will be quicker. And that was that... no other pat downs just "oh thanks for letting us know" and i was on my way to amsterdam... Now this is when I had the problem... The Secuirty bloke said thats cool and pointed to my chest. I thought he was on about my collar so i said "oh that doesn't come off" to which he said "What... your shirt doesn't come off??" I was wearing a cool T-shirt Jen had picked out for me and he wanted to talk about that. he also commented that I should of gone and visited a coffee shop during my layover.... Dam Airport secuirty... Who do I complain to :p

14. Goddess Jen

Local Time:
    :haha4:

I was just going to pop on here and let everyone know about all the problems you had, luv. Like I said earlier, I have yet to talk to an actual person regarding this issue. All I've ever heard were stories about what happened to so and so's brother or aunt when they tried to fly with a 0gauge PA piercing & they missed their flight. Or how security took them into a tiny room and did a full body cavity search because their belt buckle set the scanner off... :sign0023: Thank you for recounting a FACTUAL account of what happened.

I am a tad disappointed your new cock piercing didn't set off the alarm. I was hoping they were going to make you drop trough right there so you could show it off. They ARE very pretty, after all.

15. Goddess Jen

Local Time:
    THIS moment was way creepier than worrying about security at the airport. My husband collaring my pet. Fucking weird, my friends... I'm standing there watching my husband put his hands around pets neck, and then say, "How's that?" :interrogation:

I don't think there's enough bleach to erase that memory from my brain.

16. Lock Up Male

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    LOL... You could of done it. :p but atleast we can say we "bonded" lol

17. matcocu

matcocu New member

Local Time:
    I'm going to China next month, is it possible to travel with a birdlock? thxs

18. finallyChaste

finallyChaste Procrastinating Sub

Local Time:
    My original post, and most of the replies, were in the context of flights within or from the USA. Unless you travel via the USA, you may not run into any of the new-fangled scanning machines like the one I experienced. I know nothing of the current screening devices and procedures in France, China (where you will have to board a flight to return) or of any of the scheduled (or unscheduled) interim stops your flights may make. If I were making this trip, even with a departure from somewhere outside the USA, I think I would follow the suggestions others have made to go through security carrying the Birdlock somewhere other than its intended functional location and only don it at the first available restroom in the "secured" area or on the plane. YMMV. If I planned to wear it through security, I would try to have some explanation prepared, each sentence of which was literally true and at least somewhat plausible. (Lying to government officials is universally frowned upon). For example:

"It's a medical device.

What's the medical condition, you ask ? It's so when I get an itch there --which often happens-- I won't scratch it. You know, I expect, that excessive scratching of an itch can lead to all kinds of bad consequences.

The lock ? That's a convenient way to keep it all together and closed.

The key ? I'm afraid I don't have it with me at the moment. ..."

19. Badbob

Badbob Junior Member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Some general comments. All related to the TSA in the USA.

My principal objection to all of this is it's ineffectiveness - that it is "security theatre" and that opinion and phrase was first used by one of the top security experts. (Sorry don't have the name handy - can remember the face on the interview I saw) But it doesn't take much in the way of smarts to realize that there are more ways around even these new scanners and 3 oz liquid rules to constitute a threat. So all of this is just to make people "feel" more secure - and perhaps catch the lone crazy who is more interested in his "fifteen minutes" of fame than an actual terrorist threat.

I think a much better system would be something like I've heard the Israeli's use, a little background checking on the people who are flying and the presence of some enforcement on the plane. THAT strikes me as more effective and less intrusive.

If people wanted to make a real demonstration of resistance to TSA it ought not be over some stupid issue of "modesty" but rather the whole approach to trying to do this by some exclusively personal inspection method.

Now as for the current rules and technologies, it seems pretty clear that no matter what type of chastity device you are wearing, or what sort of genital jewelry you have, the new scanners will pick it up. And if you refuse a scan, the pat down is very likely to pick that up as well. While one of the comments here revealed that it was merely embarrassing to have to "show and tell", it could have been much different. Because it all comes down to an individual TSA agent making the call, and some of these people are little folks enjoying (perhaps for the first time in their lives) a position of power over others.

Less than 2 years ago a lady with nipple piercings was detained at DFW International airport and the agents made her remove the studs. The studs had to be cut off, ruining them. At first they defended their actions insisting that there were real safety issues at hand, and making a vague reference to "bra bombs" (how that had anything to do with nipple piercings was never explained). Eventually, days later and after much negative press, in which the passenger in question was obviously identified, the regional head of TSA made some lame ass semi-apology, but stopped short of saying there would be no repeat of this kind of action in the future.

I truly get the idea that having to show and tell could be oddly exciting, in a different environment I might deliberately set that up myself, but with TSA you are dealing with folks who get to pretty much make it up as they go along, and from which there is little recourse or appeal. Until and unless a better approach is taken, this business with the scanners is only the first step. To further close the "gaps" no liquids, gels, pills, pens, etc. will be allowed, since all could be weapons or chemical agents. And nothing less than a full strip search including body cavaties could prevent these contraband items from getting on the plane. And EVEN THEN there will be new methods for spreading mayhem.

20. armin7

armin7 New member

Local Time:
    I've been traveling a lot recently. Here's what I've seen and what I think you should with this new situation. There is eithet the metal detector or the full body scanner, when the lines are busy they will send people to either the metal detector or the full body scanner. If it's slow with close to no line it seems they will just flow people through the metal detectors. If it's busy and they will send people to either, pretty much just luck of the draw, buuut you could try a little trick to get in the metal detector line that may work. When putting all your stuff in the bins, takeing belt off etc do it slowly and kind of delay doing it, or just act like you are getting things situated still all the way until you stuff meets the bag scanner, by that time you are right by the metal detector and the TSA dude has probably put the people that were ready in the full body scanner line first. By that time you will be right by the metal detectors and the agent may just let you go through, instead of making you go in the longer line...when it's busy, they just want things to flow smoothly, evening out the lines. I noticed the full body scanner lines where smaller, so if someone looked like they had all their things ready to get scanned the TSA agent would send them right through the body scanner, instead of having them wait. I haven't tried this method, but maybe I will....I havn't been locked up for awhile just because of my travels recently, would be going through A LOT of plastic locks. I am really bummed about this whole situation, they need a less intrusive way. Sexual freedom out the window :(

If I was traveling alot less and was locked I would be on a plastic numbered lock, go to the bathroom right before the checkpoint, take a pic of the cage with the number locked on with the time in the pic, then take off, go through security, them immediately go to the bathroom and put on the pre assigned number lock instantly, take a pic and include the time in the pic also, that way you can set a pre determined max time limit, say like 30 minutes in between pictures.. Do it this way and then it'll be stress free, and you wont have to be all nervous. Or you could keep it on to prove a point, and maybe it'll be accepted sooner than later. Good Luck!

21. finallyChaste

finallyChaste Procrastinating Sub

Local Time:
    BadBob - An excellent analysis of the whole TSA mess. I'd like you to submit it as an op ed article for a newspaper or magazine of substantial general circulation [you might want to edit it first to remove the kink-specific references ;) ]. If you do, and it is published, please let us know where we could find it.

22. Badbob

Badbob Junior Member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Thanks and feel free to "borrow" from it for your own op ed letter, when you or I both get around to it. ;-)

The plastic lock (photographed with time stamp) cut off just before security, and then a new one attached immediately after security (also photographed with time stamp) sounds like a potentially successful work around. But I can think of more than a few ways that could go awry. For example, I cut off the plastic lock and remove the device before I get into the security line. Where am I going to put the device? In my carry on bag? It's that or my pocket. Even with loose pants, it's a fairly obvious bulge in the pocket. We all know that strange little cage with the pins WILL show up on their X-Ray machine as it goes across the conveyor. I've seen combs and brushes quite distinctly. Only this time, because it isn't connected to an intimate part of your body, you might not be escorted away to a private area to explain what it is. Even if you would love the humiliation, or see it as an opportunity to "spread the word", common decency should make anyone realize that such a display could be highly inappropriate if children were there, and you will have no way of knowing in advance. But even beyond public or private detection, these people might decide they want to confiscate the device to be sure that plastic really isn't harboring some kind of explosive. It doesn't matter how ridiculous that idea or claim might be, you simply have NO RECOURSE at that time.

23. lipsticky

lipsticky Banned

Local Time:
    I've said it once, I'll say it again. I work in the air travel industry for a major carrier. It's total insanity to try to get through airport security wearing a chastity device. You might get away with it, but airport security is becoming increasingly paranoid about anything unusual. I've seen a family of four denied boarding before now because a six year old was waving a green water pistol about. You can protest as much as you like about how your rights are being abused but the (sad) fact is, you have no rights when it comes to air travel even if you are a top-echelon frequent flier with a first class pass, you are ONLY granted permission to board as long as you are not perceived in any way as any kind of potential threat.

So please just don't do it. Take the device off and enjoy the flight, if you can, and then put it on again once you are at your destination, if you must. We all know that this chastity game is just a charade anyway, so why make life difficult for yourself?

Lx

24. chastiff

chastiff Long term member

Engineer
    London
    Local Time:
    in UK, you can refuse the strip search (considering wat they detect is not severe,metal for a example)

i wear my cb6000 with plastick lockes and fly every fortnight, worst i had was having to go the full body scan room and whait till the operator otherside give me a all clear

25. AliceInBondageLand

Moderator Verified Female

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    11:26 PM
    I have sent my former sub back and forth all over the country with a chastity device on... the TSA usually knows what it is and either rolls their eyes or grins wickedly. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice