Anyone Else’s Key Break?

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by lycanthrope, Sep 16, 2022.

1. lycanthrope

lycanthrope New member

Local Time:
    9:21 PM
    I don’t post often but my experience in the last 48 hours is something I don’t think I’ve seen discussed. I’m curious if anyone else has had a similar experience, how they felt, and how they dealt with it.

I was scheduled for jury duty and decided to take off my Cherry Keeper because I wasn’t sure if the brass cylinder lock would set off the security metal detector at the courthouse. The key just snapped off in the lock, and even with needle nose pliers I wasn’t able to get the thing to unlock or remove the part stuck in the lock.

Interestingly, I wasn’t remotely upset. In fact, I really liked the fact that I truly couldn’t get the thing off.

As for jury duty, the lock didn’t set off the metal detector, so that answers that question….

Last night I ordered a new Cherry Keeper and this morning I took a power drill to the broken lock. It took about 20 minutes to drill the lock out and I was pleased I was able to do it without damaging my current Cherry Keeper - or my junk. I am relocked with a new lock.

When I ordered the new Cherry Keeper, I also ordered their Permalocker. I couldn’t believe the sense of peace that came over me when that key snapped. Truly, the only reason I drilled the lock out this morning was so I can quickly switch Cherry Keepers and put the Permalocker in when they arrive.

bondinchas, Nebiyam and Alceste like this.
  2. Nebiyam

Nebiyam Member

Local Time:
    3:21 AM
    What an interesting turn of events. Even with permalocker, you can always drill your way out, yet it somehow seems more permanent solution. And I guess that sense of peace You mentioned is worth locking yourself away.

3. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    2:21 AM
    I didn’t have a key break, but I did have a lock cease up through corrosion, madam went to unlock me and the key just wouldn’t turn, I tried to force it and the key began to twist, it was a padlock not a internal lock. So a pair of small bolt cutters soon had me out.

lycanthrope likes this.
  4. lycanthrope

lycanthrope New member

Local Time:
    9:21 PM
    Yes, after drilling the lock out I looked at it’s remnants and could see the corrosion.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice