Phoenix Xannadu

Discussion in 'Chastity device reviews' started by Mistress Manteo, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Mistress Manteo

Mistress Manteo Junior Member

Local Time:
    4:42 PM
    I was looking for some information on the Phoenix Sapphire. I sent them a question about it, specifically relating to it's security and compatibility with the Dreamlover 2000 (which I'm following the production of). Instead of answering my questions about that device, I got a reply suggesting their new device...the Xannadu. It is DL2000 compatible, but does anyone know anything about it? Does anyone have any experience with it? All I know is that they told me that it's "In a different league" than the Sapphire and Guardian.

http://www.phoenixchastity.com/

2. tony5772

tony5772 Junior Member

Local Time:
    9:42 PM
    I emailed them for some "on" pics of it and here is what they sent me back.....

(The "on" pic is slightly double exposed. Note the absense of burst veins on the balls. That's after 24 hours.
    The Xannadu is about the same volume size as a cb3000. Excellent security - no pullout from behind the back band at all. Underneath possibly but that's not Xannadu's problem. If you pullout there, you'll need to get back in before you walk anywhere.

If you see a colour combination you like, please let me know.)

and he attached four photos

Attached Files:

3. LightningRat

LightningRat Junior Member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    The new model looks really cool. However, it seems a little clunky. One of the Sapphire's improvements over the Guardian was that it didn't take up as much space, practically eliminating uncomfortable clothing pressure. Also, the Guardian tended to displace my testicles and uncomfortably stretch my scrotum, which I haven't experienced with the Sapphire. Considering that you posted those fancy photos, I assume you have some inside information at Phoenix Chasity. Can you offer any insight into the issues I mentioned?

EDIT: Missed that first part of your post, tony5772.

I regret not ever trying to put together a proper review for the Sapphire, but I should note a couple of its issues. First, it's hard to take on and off. Second, for me, peeing with the slightest chubby is impossible, even painful, because there's always a little bit of pressure on the urethra. Subsequently, I had to deal with drippage that I didn't have to deal with while wearing the Guardian. A cotton ball in the opening at the tip of the tube did the trick, but it added another step to already encumbered bathroom visits. I hope the Xannadu fixes those problems, otherwise I won't upgrade.

4. Lil1

Lil1 New member

Local Time:
    3:42 PM

Any more updates say after the first 24 hrs? Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

5. LightningRat

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Those photos came from Phoenix Chastity. I don't think anyone in this thread has the device yet.

6. tony5772

tony5772 Junior Member

Local Time:
    9:42 PM
    Lil1, thats all i know about the xannadu, that info came straight from the manufacturer, I dont own one..."yet" was kinda hoping to hear some more reviews on it before purchasing it myself.

7. Lil1

Lil1 New member

Local Time:
    I see. Thanks.

Same here. Thought it was you personally saying about the 24hr non vein issue. My fault for assuming. I am very interested, just would like to hear/know more as well. Currently I have the 6000, but can not wear for prolonged periods, other wise my "member" looks like it was put through a meat grinder due to swelling and such. I am still trying to see the interior of this piece, before I make the purchase. Thanks again.

8. LightningRat

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    http://www.chastitymansion.com/forum/index.php?/gallery/album/18506/1554-phoenix-xannadu/

I posted an album of some photos that Frank from Phoenix Male Chastity sent me. I think some of the photos have already been shared, however there are two new ones with the Sapphire and Xannadu side by side. The Xannadu appears less bulky and looks like it has as much room available for a penis.

Here are some of my questions to Frank and his answers, with which the photos came:

9. Lil1

Lil1 New member

Local Time:

Thanks so much for those photos! So please correct me if I am wrong, it looks like for the Xannadu the penis just goes over the roller (which I think is spring loaded?) and that is how it is locked in to place? If that is the case not to sure how that is very secure from behind pull out. That is one of the draw backs I have found with the 6000. I even got the added piece from http://www.lockeduplove.net/page/accessories, second piece down. Really a catch 22 though for me either have the pull out or no pull out but massive swelling. Any input is greatly appreciated, again! Thanks.

10. LightningRat

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    To me it seems like the penis, after going through the back band with the testicles, must go up and over the cylinder before entering the cage. If you try to pull out, the convolution would seem to cause resistance. Furthermore, the cylinder would rotate and compress the penis, adding more resistance. Even if you could slip through the narrow back band, reentry would be impossible. Of course, I can only speculate. You should send your questions to Frank.

11. attheedge

attheedge Junior Member

colorado
    Local Time:
    2:42 PM
    Why did they make the cage so wide?

12. Steelbound

Steelbound New member

Local Time:
    Hello,
    i just received the xannadu chastity device from phoenix chastity a few days ago and have been trying to user it off and on since. If you have any questions please ask. My only reason for the purchase was the compatibility with the Dreamlover system if it ever comes out and is affordable.

13. Manteos Boy

Manteos Boy Slave to Mistress Manteo

Local Time:
    Looking forward to your view / review of this product. I don't completely understand the whole rotating cylinder thing, or how secure and comfortable it is....not to mention how it looks under clothing. I'm a bit concerned with it's squared off sides that it will not look normal under clothing. At least with many of the other products on the market, they are kinda penis shaped and look realatively normal under clothes.

That being said....my opinion was not solicited for the purchase of the CB6000, but it has worked relatively well. I've found it to be a significant deterrent to escape, but not 100% secure. I have not and will not escape without permission, but knowing that even if I wanted to, I couldn't, would be a completely different mindset and one I'd eventually like to experience. Again though....it's not up to me.

14. Steelbound

Steelbound New member

Local Time:
    Hello,
    As I sit here in my new xannadu chastity device ready to give a review just keep in mind it is only my opinion and that is all.

Delivery was 9 days from order to received.
    Construction is plastic and I think the cost was a bit high.
    Installing, You will get pinched no matter how careful you are but other than that it is a simple process.
    Security, I was able to remove it almost right after putting it on, the balls are easy to remove because of the dip in the back ring. Once they are out then removing the penis is easy. I filled that space with tape and that fixed the problem. I plan on sending a e-mail to see if a ring can be made without that. The roller does not have a spring to create tension, it is done by the ball sac pressing against the bottom of the penis. You can only use one spacer for adjustment, anymore and the gap at the top will be wide enough for the whole unit to come apart.
    Wear ability, Because of the squared off design, it is very hard to hide, I am still not willing to go public with it for that reason. There is no smooth rounded look. I have even teied to wear it with me neosteel belt to try hiding it a little but I do not have enough to make that happen just yet.
    Overall Thought, I just purchased the unit because it is supposed to be compatable with the Dreamlover2000. If any of their other products were offered at the time I may have gone in a different direction.

15. outlaw

outlaw Junior Member

Local Time:
    8:42 PM
    I ordered a Xannadu as well. It sounds like Frank may be taking some time off from his business judging from my correspondence with him.

My 2 cents:

I don't see how anyone can slip out of the back band...Or slip out of the cage since it's a pretty snug fit for me, but YMMV. The piece that contains the locking pin acts like the pressure pad from the Guardian and Sapphire models. Combined with the thin nature of the back band, it's effective at preventing pullout.

I got mine today and while it did take longer than I anticipated to receive I assure you it is quite secure. I've had it on for about 3 hours now. It is not too noticeable under my clothes but I am wearing flannel-lined jeans (temps in the teens tonight) so the thickness may hide it better.

But I do have a few gripes about it.

I find the device to be a bit small so I don't know how long I'll be able to wear it yet. Like most one size fits all devices, it runs a bit small for me in length and girth. If the back band were just a little less flat (5mm perhaps), and the cage just a tad longer (10mm) and a bit larger (5mm x 5mm more), it would be about perfect.

I was worried that the edges where the roller and the cage come together could lead to pinching but so far that has not been a problem.

I would also like to point out that the space between the roller and the back band is very small. I don't think pulling out from under is feasible for most anyone. The roller itself really just provides a nice smooth surface to the underside of the cock. It doesn't seem to do much more than make it easier to install the device and then frustrate you if you try to mess with the cage once locked into place. If I try to go under, it gets pushed up and makes the cage tighter.

I currently own a CB 6000 (with KSD-G3), a Curve (with KSD-G2), a Mr. S, stainless steel Seedpod (the kind with bars instead of a solid wall) and a Phoenix Guardian (I got the largest standard size he had 90mm). I have also tried a CB 3000, a solid seedpod and the stainless steel chastity cock cage from Mr. S, which are owned by my keyholder.

I have a simple test I use for all the devices I try and of all of these, the only devices that are secure for me that I can wear for more than a few hours, are the Seedpod and the Guardian devices. I would add the Xannadu to this list but I have only just received it. I will test it eventually but I'm almost certain it will pass.

Also, I did not have any pinching or blood loss when putting it on. I did however have to completely relax and use a small plastic bag (a stocking is better of course) to pull myself into the cage. Finally, it's almost as difficult to take off as it is to put on.

I would say it seems to be more secure than a CB 6000 but if that's too small for you then I suspect this will be too.

16. remyruff

remyruff Long time member

Los Cabos
    Local Time:
    2:42 PM
    Here is my review of the Phoenix Xannadu chastity device. It took longer then expected to receive, but that was not an issue as I was out of town anyway. Of course I was excited to try out the new device. I've had and own several chastity devices and am locked for long periods in a modified CB-3000, as well in a CS-100 full belt from chastity steel if more security is called for. The Xannadu promised to be an addition to bridge the gap between the two.
    Upon unpacking, I was disappointed that it was clear with bright red sides,..quite ugly in my opinion and not at all what Frank the owner assured me he would send when I asked for a clear cage. Anyway,..onwards with the review. Upon inspecting the moving cylinder and it's function the side panel of the cage broke off. What a bummer since I inserted just a thumb to test it's function. The joints are poorly welded together. Since I did not want to ship the item back to NZ and wait for some sort of replacement with equally poor assembly I decided to take matters into my own hands and use the new formula super glue to piece the cage back together. The new super glue works wonders btw. So,..after it cured; time to try it out finally. I told Frank that I fit perfectly in the CB-3000 and if the xannadu would be similar in size, which he confirmed before I ordered. Too bad though,..the xannadu is way smaller and just the process of fitting it was agony. Finally all the parts came together and I was locked. Locked into a device that is so small no chance I could last more then 30 min. My member turned white from lack of circulation and the cylinder put so much pressure on the scrotum, it was completely unwearable to me. So, now I have a once broken, then fixed but still unusable chastity device that cost $200.- I was sure that I could get some sort of solution from Frank. However he was not helpful and offered excuses all along the way until he had me at the point of just forgetting about the whole thing. His argument was that he never heard that this device was too small for anyone, nor that it is poorly put together. He would not even exchange it because of the wrong color he sent or that it broke right out of the box. He became increasingly more hostile and threatened me to not disclose my review. Folks,..I am straight up with you, you all deserve to know the truth about this vendor and hang on to your cash. I am out $200 and have nothing to show for it, I feel like a sucker,..don't be his next victim. :(

17. jayPA

jayPA Member

Local Time:
    wow, sounds like a mess...

18. Lil1

Lil1 New member

Local Time:

I feel for you. I really do=( On a similar subject about the vendor, I was not even shipped the device. I ordered, money was taken and "the vendor" has not replied to any e-mails in over a month. Even though he said it was due to the holidays and there was a "foul" up somewhere. So and least you got some nice scrap plastic laying around to show for your money...lol. Sorry was not funny but at this point all I can do is chuckle. -----> BUYER BEWARE<-------- for future upstanding people considering this device or others put out by the same vendor.

On a different note I am anxiously anticipating my Exobelt X1.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice