Advice for PA

Discussion in 'Novices and newbies' started by Alexx1874, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Alexx1874

Alexx1874 New member

Local Time:
    11:50 PM
    I talked with my girlfriend and it looks like I’m booking an appointment for a PA this week! We decided it would be more effective since I can’t pull out and more comfortable for daily wear. I’ve used several ball trap devices and found they negatively impacted my skiing were difficult to run in.

Does anyone on her have a PA and work out frequently? Do you think I’d be able to go skiing or running with it the week of or would I have to allow it to heal for a while before any aggressive physical activity?

Also what is the largest initial piercing size you’d recommend getting? I’ve read that you usually want to get up to about a 4g for holding a cage but would I have to get a smaller piercing at first?

Lastly, any recommendations for PA cages with optional ball trap additions? I do like having the ball trap to prevent erections when I’m not active (ie. at night).

Thank you in advance for any advice!!

2. Mauiperson

Mauiperson Long term member

Physician
    Maui
    Local Time:
    8:50 PM
    I have made a lot of posts on this subject. I got a PA for many of the reasons you sighted, but primarily no more waking up at night in pain. Also would pull out when temptation became too much, so wife demanded more security.

I used EMLA cream to get the skin and urethra numbed up prior, bled for a couple of days, but only mild discomfort afterwards. I was pierced at a 10 gauge and stretched to 8 gauge. The bigger the gauge the more the bleeding for the first few days, but doesn't hurt more or take more time to heal if you started with an 8 gauge, which many people recommend as you don't need to wait as long for returning to a cage....get a head start on stretching. I healed in 2 weeks and a month later got to an 8 Gauge. Since my device is custom 3D printed, I didn't need to stretch bigger than 8 gauge. My device weighs around 16 grams and I am going to get it down to 13 grams. The piercing won't carry any weight. However, movement can cause tugging and smaller gauge is more noticeable when your device gets tugged on.

I exercise daily but maybe not to the extend you do. If you are going for a metal cage, you probably want to stretch to a 4 gauge...especially if there is no ball trap component and the piercing is going to have to bear most of the weight. With a ball trap device using a PA, you can probably settle with a 6 gauge. But once you get a PA, a sheath device is so much more comfortable and easier to keep clean. To me it was all worth it and you will have a hard time finding people with a PA regretting the choice. It is more reversible than people think with a good urologist.

Neander and Alexx1874 like this.
  3. Alexx1874

Alexx1874 New member

Local Time:
    11:50 PM
    Thanks for all the info! Which device do you currently have?

4. Mauiperson

Mauiperson Long term member

Physician
    Maui
    Local Time:
    8:50 PM
    It is a 3D printed device. You can see it in my avatar.

Alexx1874 likes this.
  5. Neander

Neander Active member

Germany
    Local Time:
    8:50 AM
    I think during the healing period there should be no problems with sports. Of course, the new piercing should not be moved excessively, so it all depends on the underpants ;)

As @Mauiperson said: 10 gauge is good (and generally recommended) for piercing a PA.

Alexx1874 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice