Getting over discomfort

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by Unremarkable Jamie, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Unremarkable Jamie

Unremarkable Jamie Active member

Local Time:
    8:33 PM
    Over the years we have tried a small variety of devices including the original CB2000, the C B 6000, the Holy Trainer, and a couple of cheap Chinese metal things.

The closest We've gotten to something that works is The Vice Mini. I'm very high & tight (I've posted about this before). I can wear The Vice for a few hours but it's not particularly comfortable.

Does anyone have experience with things getting more comfortable over time? Do things stretch? Or is how it feels when it starts just how it's gonna be? I read stories - fantasy I suspect - about people Who put on a device the first time and then wear it for days. This is so far from my experience.

Is there a way to train in to this? It's frustrating because I'm much happier with the device on me than not (that's another thread)

Thanks for your thoughts.

2. Tamed2019

Tamed2019 Active member

Retired
    Pensacola, Florida
    Local Time:
    7:33 PM
    Here's some things that have helped me: In the shower, I use this puff thing my wife has to scrub down good. I think it it a exfoliator. After showering, I use a hairdryer to get all the moisture off me. I used to shave by have found the hairs around my base ring help reduce friction. I am now able to sleep the night with no lube. I am active during the day so I lube with vasoline before going out.

Consensus likes this.
  3. King Hippo

King Hippo Long term member

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    8:33 PM
    Just get something that has a more ergonomic ring for your (everyone is different) and make sure you have a big gap between ring and cage.... Personally I have a Mature Metal device with their "oval ring" and the 1/2'' gap.... it feels great, no issues wearing it whatsoever.

Consensus likes this.
  4. palockedm

palockedm Member

TN / KY border
    Local Time:
    7:33 PM
    Everyone's body is different. For me, I couldn't take plastic devices for very long, just a few days. I did much better in steel. The difference was immediate. There is something about the "grippiness" of the plastic ring that gave me hot spots on the underside of the boys around the ring, no matter how I rearranged. A&D ointment helped, but I only found real relief when I went steel. I found that I needed a bit smaller ring in steel than plastic. Also, the cross section of the ring matters for me. I do better in a round cross section ring, as opposed to rings that are flattened like a rectangle.

Even in steel, my body needed to adjust. There are two options: The quick way, and the easy way. The quick way is to take it until you can't anymore, this way sucks more for a shorter time. Then remove and let heal. This is the way I took, but listen to your body if you pick this way. The easy way is to as soon as you experience mild discomfort, take it off and heal for a few days. This way sucks less for a longer time. With both methods, keep ointment close. I mentioned A&D, I also tried lube, and tea tree oil. The ointment worked best for me, although it's downside is that it can attract dead skin and dirt and stuff, so be sure to shower everyday with a wand or a good scrubber.

Also, hot spots and discomfort (for me anyway) often showed very little red areas or visual indications that anything was wrong, even if I was sucking when it came off. Make sure that your partner knows that you aren't faking and trying to weasel out of it.

Consensus likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice