First Cage doesn't seem quite right...

Discussion in 'Novices and newbies' started by PinkyDick, Oct 9, 2020.

1. PinkyDick

PinkyDick New member

Local Time:
    4:54 PM
    Hi,

I'm a newbie to both chastity and this site, so please forgive me if I ask any silly/obvious/common questions.

I got my first cage around a month ago (HoD600) and as soon as I put it on I knew I was interested in exploring chastity further with my wife. We are very much still dipping our toes in the water and making sure we are both happy and comfortable (physically and emotionally), but I quickly came to the conclusion my cage wasn't quite right.

I bought the relatively budget HoD cage as I didn't know how far our interest was going to go and just wanted to know how being caged felt. I followed the measuring instructions I found on various sites (bone pressed flaccid measurement etc.) but the cage seems far too long on me (which my wife enjoyed taunting me about). When flaccid I reach 2/3rds of the way along the cage and am comfortably within the tube - this seems to allow much more arousal than I think it should (and would like).

Should I be looking to get a shorter cage even though that would be smaller than the advice states?

The largest ring also causes some slight discomfort at the base of my testicles after wearing for an hour or so - os this likely to be the cheap cage I'm using or a sign I need a larger ring (which seems unlikely given the length)?

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. Jblocked

Jblocked Long term member

Buffalo NY US
    Local Time:
    11:54 AM
    Try lube on the ring

3. Billy J

Billy J Long term member

East Coast, USA
    Local Time:
    I went with a budget device my first time too. Definite a trial by error to get the right fit. Feel around the ring for any sharp edges from the mold seams. I had to sand my rings a bit to stop pinching. Lube is good too, as Jblocked said. I actually enjoyed a little room in my first cage, acclimating to chastity can be a challenge. If your device came with different sized rings, work your way down gradually until you are in the smallest that is comfortable.
    Good luck and welcome to the Mansion

4. King Hippo

King Hippo Long term member

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    Here is my advice to anyone getting started...

Get a set that has a cage and 3 rings (40mm, 45mm, and 50mm) and make sure they are SOLID rings without a hinge. I'd say a safe size for a cage is about 2.0 to 2.25 inches, and get metal.

Check out sites like...

Lock The Cock
    Oxy Shop

If you want quick deliver there are Amazon Prime cages you can get in the US with 2 day deliver. Once you get an idea if this is really for you I would honestly invest in something expensive like a Mature Metal cage...

If this is the lifestyle you want to live and you are locking close to 24/7 all the time, spending 400 dollar on something that is around your penis all the time... doesn't actually seem like a big deal. You don't wanna hurt yourself right?

5. PinkyDick

PinkyDick New member

Local Time:
    Thanks for the advice guys. I must admit I quite liked the idea of feeling "constrained", but I guess I should start with something with a bit more room and work up (down) to something more snug.

6. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    please @PinkyDick a lot of men when they has to have a cage on them first moan that the ring hurt a bit. when you have wored it for a lot then it wont hurt much. and some places that sell cages for men sell them for a lot more money.

7. sandman9355

sandman9355 Junior Member

Local Time:
    5:54 PM
    The ring issue is an uncertain one. As jemima mentioned, sometimes it takes time to get used to wearing a device. On the other hand, even the largest rings sold with mass-produced devices can be too small for some people, to the point of being dangerous to one's health, and you'll find mentions of this elsewhere on these forums.

I'd say most regular users of chastity devices first go through a *lengthy* trial-and-error process that tends to include several different devices and various DIY efforts, so my advice would be to remain patient and experiment with what works for you and what doesn't.

Starting with bigger is good. A longer or wider cage or too big a ring is unlikely to hurt you, it might just increase discomfort in some situations of fall off. Too short a cage or too small a ring can limit blood flow and do a lot of damage. Getting a shorter cage sounds like a good next step for you, but learn what you can with the device you have before you order another one.

8. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    My advice is to order a cb6000 or a 6000s knock off depending on your size, from eBay, play about with the rings and the spacers, get to find your sizes and then look at other devices that suit your measurements, a knock off can be picked up for under £20 from eBay or Amazon ect.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice