Is ball discomfort inevitable?

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by tecolote, Nov 27, 2018.

1. tecolote

tecolote Long term member

Government
    California
    Local Time:
    6:30 PM
    In my cage, my balls are squeezed and twisted into a shape like part of a balloon animal, and they are pushed forward in a way that makes me walk funny to avoid pain. Is this because of a bad fit? Is there a way to have my boys hang more naturally, or is this just part of the new normal for me?

2. Adam444

Adam444 Long term member

Chicagoland, USA
    Local Time:
    9:30 PM
    You might experience some discomfort but it shouldn't be painful. You didn't say which device you were in but they all fit a little differently. The base ring should be snug but no so tight that you can't get the tip of your finger between it and your body. The tube should be little shorter than the length of your flaccid penis. The reason for this is a properly fitting tube will help "curb" an erection and hopefully minimize the discomfort that happens when the tube gets pushed away from your body, taking the base ring and your testicles with it.

It seems that guys who are "high and tight" have a bit more of a challenge finding the right device.

worldwidesub likes this.
  3. OscartheTurtle

OscartheTurtle Long term member

People Manager
    Central Ohio
    Local Time:
    I have problems with certain cages. I think it is the base ring size. Smaller tends to push everything out more. I counter the larger base ring with a smaller gap. So if you can play around with that it might help you out.

4. Alceste

Alceste Chaste Member

United States
    Local Time:
    In order to wear a device with a ball ring, you have to get two things right. 1) The diameter of the ring, and 2) the gap between the ring and the tube or cage.

If your balls are always tight, you may have to stretch your scrotum to achieve acceptable wearability. It should not be uncomfortable all of the time. Most of the time, you should not really notice it.

5. tecolote

Government
    California
    Local Time:
    Great. I'll keep trying to find a better fit.

My current cage is a Happygo (cheap Chinese steel cage) I have all the available ring sizes. The 50 falls off of me from time to time, the 45 is where I am having problems, and I can't even fit a single testicle into the 40. I suspect that the ring gap changes depending on which ring I use. Maybe I can alter the ring, but I doubt if I could make a clean job of it. I think I'll try some other cages to get a sense of what works.

Just knowing that it can be better is a help, so thanks for the responses.

6. Alceste

Alceste Chaste Member

United States
    Local Time:
    Are your balls swelling with the 45 size?

Sounds like you need something in the middle. Split the difference. Stretching the scrotum may also help too, but not if the ring is just too small for you.

worldwidesub likes this.
  7. Adam444

Adam444 Long term member

Chicagoland, USA
    Local Time:
    While I am hardy an expert "gap" is a more complicated than it appears at first glance. It's a three dimensional shape that is influenced by not only the space between the tube and ring but also difference between the size of the base ring and the tube. This image shows how the difference in base ring sizes changes the available space.

cage sizing.png

The challenge is that the Chinese makers never discuss the space between the tube and base ring or the angle at which the tube sits. But based on the three devices I have is pretty consistent at about 1/4". Here's another drawing that illustrates the differences between a Cherry Keeper device I've been test driving and a Chinese steel device I had been wearing.

Cherry Keeper Drawing.png

Unfortunately with the Chinese it's a bit of crap shoot. You might try something with a curved ring, which isn't the same as an anatomical ring. If you are naturally high and tight, anatomical and oval rings really don't help.

When you're ready and the budget allows, custom is really the way to go.

worldwidesub likes this.
  8. tecolote

Government
    California
    Local Time:
    The balls are not swelling, but I would probably benefit from something slightly larger. With the 50, the ring would slide quite a bit even without erections, so I think 50 is too loose even with a proper gap.

9. tecolote

Government
    California
    Local Time:
    Budget allows, and I'm psychologically ready, however, I don't think I know enough about what I'm doing to make intelligent decisions about how to customize cage size. Specifically, the size of the gap is a big question mark for me.

10. Adam444

Adam444 Long term member

Chicagoland, USA
    Local Time:
    I'm in the same boat, without the budget. Mature Metal has a presence here so that might be a place to start. With most of the custom devices, the gap can be fine tuned later.

11. boisub

boisub Inaccessible member

Northwest US
    Local Time:
    7:30 PM
    Yes, with MM or any custom device you’re mainly just specifying four measurements (base ring diameter, tube diameter, tube length and gap) and possibly making some choices about the shape of the base ring. MM takes a lot of the guesswork out of it by providing the sizing rings, so the length and the gap are the big remaining questions.

I think @Adam444 is right in saying that gap geometry is more complicated than people assume. But MM have plenty of experience in helping figure it out, plus it’s a pretty simple adjustment if needed.

12. jb123

jb123 Long term member

Analyst
    USA
    Local Time:
    I find this post ironic. I'm usually locked 24/7 with a release every few days by Mrs.B (she spoils me.)

I rarely have issues with the A ring. But today wasdifferent.

I got out of the shower and about to head downstairs to work (I work from home) when suddenly I got extreme pinching. Now it's normal to get some pinching when I get out of the shower and the boys are entering that shrinkage stage due to temperature but this was different, it felt like my skin was being ripped. Now normally I let 5 minutes pass then put a little lube under the sack and the problem goes away but it would not stop. I tried adjusting all around but the pain would not subside.

I knew I would not be able to function working so I went to Mrs.B and told her my issue and she handed me the key and let me take it off. We inspected the goods together and my undercarriage looked a bit red. So shes giving me a two day reprieve as long as I behave.

God I love her.

worldwidesub likes this.
  13. jb123

jb123 Long term member

Analyst
    USA
    Local Time:
    Contact Mark at Malechastitynow.com . He does great work and his turnaround time is very fast. My Contender Cage is quite comfortable.

Nerakus likes this.
  14. worldwidesub

worldwidesub Member

USA Virginia Mid Atlantic
    Local Time:
    10:30 PM
    I am self locked (at times) in a Holy Trainer, v3, small tube with a 45 ring. Yesterday, after wearing the cage for four days and 16 hours I had to remove it due to pinching and burning. The redness is mainly confined to the lower part of the scrotum. I am guessing the gap is the problem as I tend to be higher and tighter. Perhaps a custom design would be the solution.

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice