Red Chili "ZZ Cage"

Discussion in 'Chastity device reviews' started by teaseded, Sep 6, 2017.

1. teaseded

teaseded Junior Member

ICT
    Switzerland
    Local Time:
    6:40 PM
    tldr version
    Handmade device made to oder. Owner takes special requests and works well with the customers. Product is well made and has the look you would expect from something handcrafted, not perfect, but nicely detailed. The product I ordered is exactly what I expected and I happily recommend it for these reasons. Downside, the owner takes the summer off, so it may take a while to recieve your order. He is very open and clear about delivery expectations, so you will know ahead of time any delays. Custom made chastity for €160.

Long version.
    About me. I am a grower. Can go from 1" to 8". Have tried several products from CB series to Silicon to Holytrainer v2 to some steel devices. Have also tried the LoveJail from Fetish Felix. Problem I have with all balltrap devices is when I hit that 1" flacid mark, I slip to the back of the tube. This poses nighttime erection problems as I then push the device (and everything traped by it) 8" away from my body. I tried all the tricks, but it was still too uncomfortable.

My order.
    I ordered the ZZ Cage from Red Chili. 70mm tube length, 40mm Dia., 6mm gap, Secured Head and 45mm oval base ring. I special ordered the Z connection ring at 35mm.
    My idea here is to have a tube with a grip point directly behind my glans to keep my penis within the tube even when it tries to pull itself back.

First Impressions.
    It has been a while since I have worn a steel device and forgot how awesome it is. When I opened the package I was very happy. A beautiful steel toy. There was still some of that welding greasy residue on it, but it easily washed away. The padlock that comes with it is a nice quality lock and is smaller than any other one I have collected. It was also sent with a nice drawstring bag and a chain belt. I immediately washed it up and tried it on. With a few adjustments (bending the weld points to fit the head better), it felt fantastic to slip into.

Product quality.
    The welds are smooth and the device is well put together. It has all the imperfections one would expect from a handcrafted product (Welds are larger than expected, one bar on top left side of cage is a bit longer or bent at a different distance as the right, etc), but that doesn't take away from the beauty or function of it at all. This is really a work of art. The pins fit perfectly so there is very little movement between the tube and base ring and the pin-on-top design is really cool as it makes a bit smaller profile*. It also keeps the body of the lock from bouncing on the cage (and the skin trapped within). The hasp does ride on the plate that connects to the pins so it does still make noise when going around with very loose or no clothing.
    *The lock does stick outwards a lot and does make obvious bumps, not through jeans, but other tighter smoother clothing.

Hygene.
    What can I say, steel device with rings and bars. Easy to keep clean. I have showered with it and wore it on several full day occasions without any problems. Longest time worn was 2 days with 2 showers, no worries.

Comfort.
    Well, my antislip design was a bit too loose (more on that in a bit), but otherwise it is very comfy. With the oval base ring I can go a size smaller than an O ring, so it is almost uncomfortably snug, but doesn't cause any problems once the folds are smoothed out. When I first tried it on, the Head space was too small. I used the base ring to pry the Z connection open a bit and now it is ok. The CB2K designed tube takes me back to the first toy I got which is fun. It assembles very easy and is uncomplicated.

Security.
    Yeah right, we all know this story. Penis can be pulled out. However, balls cannot come out of the configuration I chose. The tube entry ring is 40mm and the oval base ring is 6mm away from it. Makes for a very snug fit. I didnt try the chain belt and don't intend to as I find it impractical, but imagine when it is locked on it would make pullout difficult and not worthwhile.

Notes.
    Before ordering I took some measurements using the guide on the website. By this I should have ordered the tube at 80 or 90mm, but knowing how I function, decided to go a touch smaller, giving room to grow but not so much length that when I get very small I would pull past the Z ring.
    Regarding the Z ring, I used to have a gates of hell that came apart and left me with these really cool multisized cockrings. I have worn the 1.25" ring behind my glans before and know it is the perfect size there. Unfortunately that size equates to 32.5mm which is exactly between the 30 and 35mm options on Red Chili. I tried wearing a cord sized to 30mm and found it too tight, and likewise the 35mm trial was a touch loose. Aken offered me the Imperial size if I could recommend a vendor, but I didn't want to do the leg work so settled for the safer 35mm size. In the end, it performs as expected. Most of the time, I am positioned perfectly in the tube but several times per day I do slip out. It is easy to re-adjust without removing the device tho because of the bar spacing.
    The Z and Head piece were not exactly as I imagined when I first saw them. I think because of the ring size and shorter tube size, Aken didnt leave much head space at the end of the tube. I was planning on reordering it, but decided to try prying it open a bit. Conveniently I could squeeze the base ring in the gap and slowly open it up till there was enough room. On the plus side, after discussing with Aken this problem, I did find out I could order all the parts individually if I wanted too.
    The only other problem I have is with edema. When wearing the device a certain way, it causes the top of the foreskin to swell. When wearing it another way, it retains in the fremun. This is simply another situation as with any device, of being careful and not getting carried away when first trying something out. Of course I didn't cause any damage, and things returned to normal when I took a break from it.
    Sleeping. Well, this is the first device, that when fitted properly before going to bed, does not cause any "pain" with night time erections, just a lot of uncomfortable pressure. I have had a couple nights where I was able to go from night through to morning without having to remove the device. I think my anatomy simply does not allow me to wear a ball trap device overnight.

End
    I am more than happy to answer questions about my experiences with this or other devices. Bottom line for this toy, I think it is worth the price considering it is custom made to order. I live in Europe and it was €160 at checkout and another €28 import tax when it arrived, but that wasn't Red Chili's problem. No device is perfect or 100% secure, but this is likely as close as it gets for this style device. It helps to know your own anatomy and what has worked for or against you in the past to ensure the device you get works properly.

TeasedEd

Followup:
    It has been a while since I wrote all this down, and (my apologies to Red Chili) I am just now getting around to post about this awesome toy. I wear this toy at least 2-3 times per week for about 8 hours each. With a kid and a wife that isn't into this, it's about all I can manage respectfully.
    Some observations I have made. The longer (multiple days) I wear it, the less often I slip back into the tube.
    Once I found the right way for me to wear it, I haven't had edema issues.
    Still looks awesome and is super comfortable.
    I took a waistband from some underwear and put a loop onto it to hold the lock in an up position. This makes it fit a touch closer to my body and reduces the profile from the lock bump. It does have a cool side effect of making my junk stick out a little more at the tip, making it look like I got a big package in my pants.

Attached Files:

2. Squeek

Squeek Member

Local Time:
    1:40 PM
    Hi

Thank you for providing a review of the ZZ Cage. I am also very interested in purchasing one of these from Red Chili. I like the way that the hasp connect to the ring. I am curious to know if you have had any concerns with the gap on the head? Do you wish that the bars were a little further apart so that urine spray is not a problem or does it seem to be alright?

Secondly, can you tell me if you gave the Sissy cage any consideration? I seem to go back and forth about whether I would order the ZZ Cage or the Sissy Cage? Both are similar design and the only difference that I can see is the angle of the cage. Is that correct??

As far as noise from the lock is concerned, I am also considering going with the screw versus the padlock. Only worry with the screw is whether it will become lose over time where the lock would not.

3. teaseded

teaseded Junior Member

ICT
    Switzerland
    Local Time:
    I was too. I think it is one of the more innovative designs for a lock. I was a bit disappointed that it didn't give a smaller profile, but am otherwise very happy with it meeting my expectations.

Is this in regards to the gap to pee thru or the cap design? In regards to the cap design, I found the cap a bit too small (Having seen it in other pictures). It was something I discussed with Aken while designing it, but in the end decided to just go for it. In the end, I am happy with the size, especially since I discovered I could bend the Z shape to make more room at the tip. The final position I settled on makes it so that when I am as flaccid as possible, there is just a sleight gap between my penis and the cage. Normal wear I am pressed gently against it, not so much as to create skin to pinch.

Have had very little problem peeing. Of course, sitting down is 100% no mess. I prefer to stand and this device allows for that 95% of the time. The other 5%, if your careful, you can stop the stream, make a small adjustment of the tip, and it usually fixes it to a nice normal solid stream.

The Sissy Cage was my first choice for the slim design. The ZZ was my final choice as it is also pretty slim, and as I said, has a built in design to have a ring hold the glans in place at the end to keep everything in the tube from moving around too much. That was a very important feature for me as I had been thinking about it as part of the design flaw from my attempts wearing other devices. Now that I have seen Evotion Wearables and Custom Chastity's devices, I am wondering if I should try one of those as those are also customizable to create such a trap for the glans, and Evotion has that already as part of their design description. Funny enough though, they cost more than the steel device I have now, so I don't see it as a cost effective option.

The biggest design difference is the Z shape created with the extra ring between the tube portion of the cage and the cap on the end. The Sissy cage simply has a ring at the base of the penis, and another one where the cap meets the tube giving the Sissy a slimmer design. The ZZ has a ring at the base of the tube, another at the end of the tube, one on the cap and one that connects the end of the tube to the cap. This is why it is called ZZ as the three rings at the tip form the letter Z. For my design intention, the middle part of the Z follows the angle of the ridge of the glans, and with a smaller diameter ring there, it makes a perfect trap to keep the penis lined properly in the cage. It is important to note here that I had used steel cock rings from a gates of hell I had dismantled, to know what size ring fits ok behind my glans. I didn't have those rings when I ordered the cage, so I kind of had to guesstimate what diameter would work for me.

The only time my lock makes noise is when I am completely naked, or wearing very loose underwear, if that makes any difference to you. Aken has some Pros and Cons on his website about the differences between the different lock options.

As a side note to all this, if I were to reorder this device for myself, I would choose the next smallest diameter for the Z connector, and I would opt for the security screw only for the locking mechanism.

4. Squeek

Squeek Member

Local Time:
    Thank you for your insight. I will keep your suggestions in mind when I decide to go ahead and confirm my order.

5. Jonnysub

Jonnysub Member

Oxfordshire, UK
    Local Time:
    Thanks for this really detailed post. I'm trying to choose between a jailbird and red chili device so this was really helpful.

I'm pretty small and uncut so I'm thinking that the sissy cage would work well for me. I don't have any specific questions, guess I just want some assurance that quality is good and you'd recommend them, which you seem to.

6. teaseded

teaseded Junior Member

ICT
    Switzerland
    Local Time:
    I highly recommend the devices from Red Chili. As I said, it's not as "clean" in appearance as what you get from the mass produced market, but it is built solid and the price for the customization options can't be beat.

Considering you are uncut, from what I have read, you may want to consider getting the PA guard. This might allow for foreskin to poke through the end without having pinching problems. Just a thought anyways.

7. Squeek

Squeek Member

Local Time:
    Am down to the last couple of decisions about my new Red Chili Sissy Cage. Was thinking about the lock and the noise that it makes from the bounce of metal on metal. I have an idea. What if you used a cable tie to secure the lock to the metal. That way it can’t bounce. Cable tie could slide under the flange and then loop over the lock.

Then I had a second idea. Why do you need a lock at all? What about using a cable tie instead? I realize that I am ignoring the mental buzz that only your KH can unlock a padlock but if you are in control of when you are wearing your cage then does it really matter that you use a padlock?

Let me know what you.

8. teaseded

teaseded Junior Member

ICT
    Switzerland
    Local Time:
    I absolutely hate the lock. :D Only for the 2 most common reasons that locks are annoying. 1, Just like you said, it makes noise. and 2, because it makes a bulge that is not only unsightly, but also tends to add pressure to the cage that makes it move around in a way that isn't very nice.

I've found 2 solutions to replace the lock on this cage. The first is to use a zip tie. I run it thru the hole on the locking post, cross it over itself and under the middle bar on the cage, then secure it (near the post). I'll take a pic and show you when I get a chance if that sounds too confusing. It is nice because not only is it secure and stealthy, but it also adds tension to the cage, keeping the cage pointing a bit more upwards.

The other solution, is I found some screws that kind of wedge in nicely and lock into the locking pin. It is nice because it requires a tool to remove the screw, which means if you get some screws with the right dimensions and a not so common bit, it makes it also very secure.

9. Squeek

Squeek Member

Local Time:
    Very interested in your response. Thank you for letting me know your feelings. I think I understand what you are saying regarding the cable/zip tie. That is why I wondered if it would be a suitable substitute to the lock. Screw sounds like the best choice but a zip tie sounds like a reasonable second.

10. Squeek

Squeek Member

Local Time:
    Was thinking about your response overnight. Red Chili provides 4 locking options. The simple padlock along the lines of what you chose is an obvious choice. In hindsight, what locking method would you go with if you had the chance to do it all over again?

Thanks

11. teaseded

teaseded Junior Member

ICT
    Switzerland
    Local Time:
    So, for your viewing pleasure, I present to you a few pictures on how to secure the Red Chili "No Escape" with a zip tie (which also allows enough room for a security tag to go through if you want the extra locking verification), as well as my security screw mod. I included a side view picture of the locking posts so you can see that there is a modification I did do, but not for the purpose of putting in the screw, that was just a bonus, just keep in mind, what worked for me may be more complicated to get working for you.

When I got my cage, I noticed that the base ring and cage locked in together nicely, but the cage could rotate a very small amount to the left. I used the guide holes on the cage to slightly bend the guide pins so it wouldn't move so much. This little bump allowed the screw to just fit through the locking hole and barely clear the guide pins. Also note that when I use a brand new screw, the threads are in perfect shape and it requires me to use a tool to properly fix the screw in place. After some wear tho, the threads loosen up and the screw in manageable with just my fingers. I used to use a self locking nut to hold it in place until it got threaded and freaked me out a bit as it required a bit more work to remove :D

Squeek: I didn't realize he made a "No Escape" style screw option. Considering my bad luck stripping screws tho, I'll take a padlock style any day, especially when I can use a zip tie as an alternative. I think the No Escape screw is pretty slick tho, but it doesn't look like it gives as many other options for locking on, other than maybe a zip tie (IE no pad lock). The Combo would be my other option, but the pin style seems very bulky to me, and I like the lack of bulges with the No Escape. Since I don't do this play under the supervision of someone else, my locking method is irrelevant other than using what I find works the best for me.

PS: Oh, and in case you are wondering from the pictures, I added some black Sugru "Family Safe" style to the gap underneath to help provide a shield between my frenulum and sack, as sometimes when the hairs grow back, it hurts. It also helps provide a bit more push to help keep my glans in place.

P8200140.JPG P8200141.JPG P8200142.JPG P8200143.JPG P8200145.JPG P8200147.JPG P8200148.JPG

12. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    Do you still get a little movement with the cable tie?
    One way to solve the rotation movement problem would be to use some polymorph plastic instead. Just mould it when warm and soft, like putty, in and around the padlock hole, and in the gaps in the two retaining pin slots. Once it cools and hardens it goes like solid and white. It's aesthetically better looking than a cable tie and/or a odd looking bolt (in my opinion) and can be easily smoothed off while setting so it won't scratch when spooning like a cable tie might.

13. teaseded

teaseded Junior Member

ICT
    Switzerland
    Local Time:
    Depending on how hard I pull the tie, there is a little movement. It never rides up the post tho and I have never had problems with the zip tie being jagged, I always cut it really close and file it a bit if needed. It hasn't had rotation problems since I bent the guide posts to prevent most all extra movement.

I have seen the poly plastic on others devices used in various ways, but I prefer to keep it as metal looking as possible, so I nearly always use the screw. I agree it looks a bit off, but so does a plastic piece holding it on.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice