Evotion #8 With Steel PA Prong (NSFW)

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by Thatguyontheinternet, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Thatguyontheinternet

Thatguyontheinternet Owned by Thatgirl

Florida
    Local Time:
    9:07 AM
    We had an extra lower portion from when he initially sent it to me with the wrong gauge PA.

So we did this:

IMG_0460.JPG IMG_0461.JPG IMG_0462.JPG

The nylon PA prong is the primary downfall for these Evotion devices. Though it's bothered me less and less as my piercing has matured, I still think it would be nice if they were able to find a way to make them steel.

If she and I can do it, I'd imagine he could to.

It looks rough at the base there where the ring we used is attached, but it's actually pretty smooth. And very small. I've got it on now and it feels fine. We'll see if it proves bothersome.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy Long term member

Industrial
    Los Angeles area
    Local Time:
    6:07 AM
    Haven't gotten a reply yet, but I emailed him about the possibility of designing/modifying a cage so that could it use an existing captive bead ring. My ideal cage would be one that could lock into place around a cbr so that I wouldn't have to remove the piercing every time we wanted sex. I may approach Steelwerks about the idea as well. Willing to bet Steelwerks can make it happen, but price will be hefty.

3. Thatguyontheinternet

Florida
    Local Time:
    It's funny you said that. We did exactly that before we decided to bend the CBR and steel epoxy it to the base.

Cut the PA prong as close to the base as you can. Drill straight through what's left. You'll be left with a perfect hole for your gauge. The attach the bottom to the top, mark the top portion of the cage by marking it through the hole left you made in the bottom portion. Drill it and you've got a perfectly alliggned hole through the entire thing.

I realize that doesn't leave you a proper way to really lock the CBR. But it holds it on. And some nail polish on the CBR ball made it "tamper evident".

Any way. You get the idea. You can do it you just have to sacrifice the bottom portion you have now. If you want to replace it you send him 40$ or $50 or whatever it is and he'"" remake it. That's on thing that's made Evotion nice. I've got several rings, one with an extension to effectively lengthen the cage without me having to buy new cage section pieces.

4. Thatguyontheinternet

Florida
    Local Time:

@Thatgirl just told me what happened with your piercing and I read the thread. That's a serious bummer and I'm sorry that happened. Taking it in and out was an issue until not too long ago, and I'm at 6 months in. I still had trouble with any jewelry that wasn't tapered to smooth point the way the CBRs are. But it's recently become a lot easier and I seem to be able to take my time without it closing back up. A cage that let you keep it on would definitely be cool, but more and more I'm finding that I can pop whatever I have in it out and put whatever else in without much fuss. I forget how old yours was, but if that's what got you thinking about a device that lets you keep it on, I would just say don't pay an arm and a leg for it because at some point you probably won't see it is all that necessary.

Let me know though what he says. And if you go for it I DEFINITELY will be curious to see it.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Long term member

Industrial
    Los Angeles area
    Local Time:
    I believe I got my piercing a few weeks before you did yours. I'm planning on repiercing in February, I've already got a few rings on order. I think the biggest problem was that I didn't have any back-up pieces. I'll be better prepared next time. I've got another issue I need to resolve cage wise as well. I'm a grower who goes from full retreat to 6 inches or so and I'd like to have a cage length of 4 inches, not sure if that will put too much stress on the piercing. My Queens keep is more of a ball stretcher than any real means of denial, serves as a reminder to be good, but no security at all.

I have a feeling that I will end up going the Steelwerks route. I've got a planned 8 week stretch of 80+ hour weeks coming up in early 2018 that will get me a ton of overtime, probably use the extra pay for a vacation to Montreal.

6. Thatguyontheinternet

Florida
    Local Time:
    DEFINTIYLY keep lots of extras. Just through trying different diameters and materielas we have a baggie full of stuff in a pinch. Even kept the 8g ones we started with.

I concur with your prediction about stressing the PA that way. I too go from pretty small to somewhere around 7 and the problem of being compressed into the Evotions with the ring was that it made it so snug around the shaft that I ended up with some edema. It was just too tight. Nowhere for fluid to go. But then ringless it was almost too loose in circumference as it hung and narrowed me out.

With the PA in and with some added length, even the slight pressure of anchoring it against shrinkage will defintiyly cause issues. Especially with a piercing that's not very mature - I know couldn't leave mine in like that for long at all. I actually had a tiny bit of blood when I did. Theoretically the cage is grabbing at the corona of the glans to ease that pressure but there's still enough to be an issue.

Got to find that happy medium. That's why instead of orderin different cage lengths over and over I opted to have him add several mm to the portion of the ring that interlocks with the cage. Effectively adding length (and tons of gap, which I personally need anyway). At the cost of the rings you can try a few and once you nail the length perffftly for you, you can then order an entire cage using the new measurement as reference.

I am having Titaniumchastiti make me up a device which I suspect will be awesome. But in the meantime I continue to fine tie this one. It's just about perfect - hopefully this new extender ring makes things right with the edema. If not I'll determine that I can't use snug "ringless" type cages (ring or no ring). Thats why for Ti I went with the more Jailbird style offering of his rather than the snug sheets style. Safer bet for me. But 4" sounds WAY long if you really do shrink up as much as you say. You'll definitely want that pressure to not be entirely taken up by the PA.

We too were not terribly patient along the way with the PA. Tried (and continued to try too often) sex too soon, tried the PA cage too soon. And just generally haven't been that easy on it. My recommendation would be to find a good non-pa cage that you can wear with your piercing for a while. For us it was that Chinese one. Though cheap, if all else failed I would be just fine with that cage going forward. I actually sent Ti one so he could try to emulate its key qualities for me but of course with the addition of the PA. If you do that it will be easier to be patient with the piercing PLUS you won't have to take the ring out for play time, while it's toughening up.

7. pokekey

pokekey Long term member

United States, upper left part
    Local Time:
    @Thatguyontheinternet, how is your glued in prong working?

I'm going to try the same with mine. I've ordered a long curved barbell ($15). I'll cut the plastic prong off, figure the angle, drill through, and epoxy the barbell in. I plan to sand the section barbell where it will be epoxied for better adhesion. I also plan to file one side flat to provide some mechanical resistance to twisting. Unfortunately, the where I will put the hole is not as thick as I would like. I think that 1/4" of material would give solid support but feels like I have more like 1/8".

Anyways, this is a test case. The device I'm working on is not quite the right size. But I don't want to order a replacement until I'm convinced I can make the pin work.

I have a Lori device. After months of the eVotion pin continuing to irritate (piercing 7 months old) the Lori was comfortable very quickly. This was a sign that the eVotion plastic may have been the problem. My device came before he offered the sealing.

But the Lori gave me some edema. In December I sent it back. A couple days latter I discovered in the morning that I had left my piercing out all night. I was afraid that the hole had shrunk but was able to stretch to 6g quite easily. That is the size of the eVotion pin so I put the eVotion on. 10 minutes later I had that niggling feeling in the piercing. Same feeling that I get when I wear an earring with cheap metal that is not compatible with my body. So I took it off. (a day later was able to easily stretch up to 4g, my standard). It was a short trial with the eVotion but based on my previous difficulties I really don't like the plastic pin. Or my body does not like the plastic pin.

I got the Lori back and unfortunately still have some edema. Some problems were resolved but there is still edema in my foreskin that is captured in front of the front ring. I think I may need to have that moved so that it fits right behind the ridge and does not capture any foreskin. It is fairly minor and otherwise the Lori device is completely comfortable.

My piercing is now 11 months old. I too had a history of sex too early, devices too early, etc. Hard to not do that. But now I've been 3 months with the Lori and no problems. If I'm positioned in the device such that there is a constant pressure it will hurt but otherwise is completely comfortable. We commonly take the pin out for 2-3 hours play sessions. It goes back in with little or brief feeling of stretching. (The Lori pin is tapered at the tip.) When I get to wear jewelry it is a curved barbell. Rings eventually irritate my piercing. They get dry and stuck in the piercing. This may indicate something about where I am in the healing process or about the nature of my tissue or about the low cost rings I get from Painful Pleasures. But I get the curved barbell from there and those work great.

So my plan is to try putting a SS pin in my eVotion. If that works I'll wear that when the Lori is sent back. If the eVotion works for a couple weeks I may order another one, possibly designed so I can place a SS pin.

I'm very interested in how eVotions are working and any success in adding SS pins to them.

P

kellysbitch likes this.
  8. Thatgirl

Thatgirl Owner and Wife of Thatguyontheinternet.
    Verified Female

Local Time:
    Just gonna reply real quick (have family over) and @Thatguyontheinternet will elaborate more when he can. The glued prong which we used both plastic epoxy and steel stick JB weld on - worked fine for about a day. He went to check on the piercing the next day after wearing it for about 24 hours and both types of epoxy had completely disintegrated into a gel-like substance. So that was that and back into the chinese cage he went.

kellysbitch likes this.
  9. Evotion

Evotion Member

Designer
    New York
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    worldwidesub likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice