Chafing issue jail bird

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by lockedsub, Mar 3, 2014.

1. lockedsub

lockedsub Junior Member

Tennessee
    Local Time:
    5:25 PM
    First let me say how awesome Mature Metal has been in helping me out with this issue but I wanted to get some other viewpoints as well. I'm wearing a jailbird and I am having chafing around my scrotum, which is occurring on both sides. Looking down at my penis and scrotum the chafing is on the upper portion, on a clock it would be at the 2 and 10 positions. I am also experiencing burning at the underside of my scrotum as well.

This occurs after 36 hours of wear. I am using cetaphil lotion for lube. So far we have adjusted the gap and tried various shapes of rings and sizes. I do notice that my cage always turns towards the left requiring adjustment.

What do you guys/gals think?

2. Nostromo

Nostromo Long term member

New York City area
    Local Time:
    12:25 PM
    Sounds like your ring may be too small. Before ordering a new ring, I'd make sure to use silicone lube or baby oil -- lotions like Cetaphil can just soften up the skin and don't help chafing. I chafe if I don't use that. Note that you may need to come out of the device for a few days to let the chafing heal.

Wantinghiskeys likes this.
  3. lockedsub

lockedsub Junior Member

Tennessee
    Local Time:
    I'm out of the device now. There's no way I would wear a device that was causing damage.

A bigger ring? That's interesting, the ring I've been using passes the finger test quite well. I can get up to my middle knuckle through the ring currently. Also a bigger ring would provide less security as honestly I can pull out now if I want to. So logically if I can pull out now I guess a bigger ring, that wouldn't chafe, makes sense and I could always add the anti-pull out device.

Do you think that the device pulling to the left is causing the problem?

Also what lube would you recommend?

4. Nostromo

New York City area
    Local Time:
    If the ring size and gap are OK, I would have to guess that the twisting of the device or lack of lube might be it. Also, do you sit for long periods in your job? I get discomfort at the back fo my scrotum when I sit too long. I try to walk around and readjust myself periodlically, and usually re-lube once a day at work (I keep some lube in an empty nose spray bottle in my desk -- someone here suggested that). It may also be that this is just the usual break-in period while your skin gets used to the device. I was pretty lucky with that, but soem epopel seem to take longer.

In terms of type of lube, I use Bodyglide from Mr. S Leathers, which is a very plain silicone lube. http://www.mr-s-leather.com/D376/mr-s-bodyglide.html Any plain silicone lube sold for use on skin should do (I'd not buy silicone lube from a hardware store -- there may be different chemicals in that than in silicone lubes used for sex toys). I think the point is that silcone doesn't absorb into the skin and soften it. You might also try the baby oil made by Burt's Bees. Some people here like baby oil gel you can get at the drug store, but I don't like the standard baby oil scent.

Good luck!

Grant47 likes this.
  5. RockyB

RockyB Long term member

Local Time:
    11:25 AM
    I use a CB6000 and had chaffing issues initially. Took it off for a few days and then put it on again. I use silicon lube but the first brand I used seemed to affect my skin. Switched to Gun Oil and all is well. What worked best for me was counter intuitive. I went to a smaller ring. That prevents my CB from rotating or moving around. It stays in place now and I have no more issues with comfort. I only wear mine for 16 hours a day but it is so comfortable now that I often forget that I have it on. I do not wear mine outside the house but then again I am only outside for a few hours a week. My wife and I are homebodies and pretty much only go out to shop and the occasional meal.

You may want to try a smaller ring to prevent it from moving. If it cannot move, it cannot chaff. At least that is what I found.

6. Reltsihw

Reltsihw Member

Local Time:
    i had an issue with my jailbird in the exact same way that you mentioned. chaffing/redness at 10 and 2. I also noticed that I had burning sensation in my scrotum. I sent if off to the fine people at Mature Metal and they are going to adjust the gap from 3/8 to 1/2.

I ordered the sizing rings and when the 1 7/8 felt comfortable I eventually fell out of it.

I am currently wearing a chinese knockoff but albeit the longer length it has felt VERY VERY VERY comfortable. The gap is approx 1/2 and the ring is 45mm which is a hair bigger than the 1 3/4 but not by much. (.55mm).

The MM base ring always feels tight. I wonder if I should go between 1.75 and 1.875 or is the issue the round vs oval.

When my Jailbird arrives back from MM with the increased gap I'l give it a see..

PauloChaste likes this.
  7. Harry Haversackers

Harry Haversackers Horny Old Goat

Local Time:
    I've been wearing my JB for more than 90% of the time over the past two years, and have experienced what you've encountered a couple of times on hot days when my crotch is sweaty and sticky. I've settled on JO Premium Lube after trying several different products. It's light bodied and stays slippery for ages.

At times when things aren't quite so humid down there, I find that a dusting of cornstarch based baby powder keeps me comfortable. (Avoid talc based products if you are unlocked for PIV sex. It's been linked to cervical cancer.)

My cage assembly rotates to the left as well, but that doesn't seem to bother my happy bits...

If you haven't already tried it, talk to the folks at MM about a double ring... More surface area = more comfort.

Grant47 likes this.
  8. misskimberley

misskimberley Sexy playful transgender

Local Time:
    Has anyone experienced rust after long periods of wear?

Kim

9. Harry Haversackers

Local Time:
    Rust?? You mean that your dick is rusty from not being frequently lubed with her juices? Or do you mean you bought a cheap device that was "stainless steel" and turned out not to be stainless?

If you're encountering rust on the device, the only place for it is in the garbage. Mild steel devices pawned off as stainless are plated. The plating may come off the device in very sharp little flakes which have the potential to slice and dice your precious parts.

cth96190 likes this.
  10. Wendygirl

Wendygirl To offer advice and keep CM safe and welcoming

gardener
    London
    Local Time:
    If you read Miss Kimberly 's profile I believe she has a jail bird and I doubt its a chrome knock off she is not that kinda gal.
    Xx Wendy

misskimberley likes this.
  11. Harry Haversackers

Local Time:
    Actually, he's listed as having a Jail House, not a Mature Metal Jailbird. The Jail House has become a generic device that's available from DHGate and other suppliers of cheaply made offshore substandard devices. I have to stand by my comment, that if it's rusting, it's crap.

12. Wendygirl

gardener
    London
    Local Time:
    On the thread 'the start of 4 days last Thursday Kim posted jail birds .
    Maybe have to wait her reply on this matter
    Xx Wendy

13. lockedsub

lockedsub Junior Member

Tennessee
    Local Time:
    I was thinking double rings as well. And I'll try and find the lube you mentioned.

I sit mainly at work but when I get home I try to be active and exercise ( gym, cycling, etc) so the idea of powder makes sense. I do live in the South which as you know can get a bit humid.

14. Harry Haversackers

Local Time:
    The JO Premium Lube can be had at a reasonable price on eBay.

15. misskimberley

misskimberley Sexy playful transgender

Local Time:
    It wasn't rust, sorry, it was dead skin (yuck) trapped in the corners, gross! :-(

cth96190 likes this.
  16. Wendygirl

gardener
    London
    Local Time:
    Kimberley
    Please @!! $#$/&&***&$##@@!!!!!

Xx Wendy

17. Nostromo

New York City area
    Local Time:
    I have found that I always have discomfort when I sit for long periods, but haven't had chafing. Maybe the lube will help. Good luck!

18. Wendygirl

gardener
    London
    Local Time:
    Er no obviously get off your bum and get some exercise lol
    Xx Wendy

19. Harry Haversackers

Local Time:
    PS... The lube is also great for pegging. She'll slide right in...

20. Littlejt1

Littlejt1 Long term member

Texas
    Local Time:
    10:25 AM
    I'm having the exact same issue. Comfort is great except for a mild irritation at the 2 o'clock position (looking from the front). I found this happens when I shave. Went a couple weeks without shaving, gave a few days without the cage and it healed.

I was thinking maybe I needed a slightly larger ring, but after reading this that may not be the case. I have a MM jailbird as well. Gap size seems to be fine as I don't really have the burn sensation, but because of the chaffing on the side and noticing some bunched up skin in that area I wonder if a larger ring is the solution (or smaller although I don't think smaller would fit).

Help/advice is welcome!

21. Harry Haversackers

Local Time:
    Littlejt1, It sounds like shaving is an issue for you. What shaving method do you employ? Wet shaving with a blade was always a problem causer for me. Regardless of how clean things were, even to the point of sterilizing the blade with alcohol, I always suffered from barber's rash, which was most evident under the ring of my JB. See what happens if you hold off on shaving for several weeks.

For anyone who likes to stay smooth, and doesn't need the expense and irritation of laser treatments, consider getting a Seiko Clearcut ES412. I've been using one for about six months now. No barber's rash and a shave that's closer than a blade. My wife loves to slap the hell out of my silky smooth balls...

22. Littlejt1

Littlejt1 Long term member

Texas
    Local Time:
    10:25 AM
    Definitely will try! I do the same thing, wet shave, alcohol new razor blades only. I have no issues from shaving of not in the cage. I really don't think the ring is the wrong size.

Short of waxing or using an IPL device (which my wife has) I didn't want to go through the pain involved, but she likes me smooth!

23. Reltsihw

Reltsihw Member

Local Time:
    Funny someone mentions shaving. I shaved very well Saturday night and got my jailbird back that next day.

Put it on, it was okay but today it's "burning" around the 4 o'clock had 7 o'clock areas. The skin is red and irritated.

Gap is great. Ring, I can get a finger in. I think it the ring rubbing against my skin. Like I said was just recently shaved.

24. Wendygirl

gardener
    London
    Local Time:
    Hi
    I think sometimes people go a bit overboard on the shaving ie as a post or two above wet shave new razors alcohol .
    It could be just tooo much , and put some moisturising cream on after .
    It may be you have in reality taken the top layer of skin off.
    Xx Wendy

25. Harry Haversackers

Local Time:
    Wendygirl... I don't know about the others who have had a problem after shaving, but I had problems with barber's rash, which is, in essence, a bunch of infected hair follicles, made evident by lots of little sore, red bumps. Sterilizing the blade made a big difference, but never really eliminated the problem. I tried a number of post-shave lotions, but they didn't make any difference.

Others may have simply, as you say, taken off some skin, which might be eased with some soothing cream of some sort

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice