Cage length - "Show-ers" versus "Grow-ers" - advice please

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by Nostromo, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Nostromo

Nostromo Long term member

New York City area
    Local Time:
    6:15 PM
    Most of the measuring instructions I've seen tell you to order a cage/tube length just barely long enough for your flaccid penis. I am still a total newbie at all this, but my penis is 2-inches soft and 6 inches erect. I like the feeling of getting erect inside my Bird Cage (my first usable device, which I have only owned for a week). I wouldn't order a MM device with a cage anywhere near as long as the Bird Cage, but can someone give me advice on whether allowing a little room for expansion is a good or bad idea? Is this just a matter of personal preference, i.e., feeling hemmed-in tightly versus feeling locked away and isolated? I suspect that there are a few different dynamics that people are into here: a short cage that prevents any erection at all seems a common one, but is anyone into the frustration of partial erections in a device? Beyond personal preference, are there issues for comfort for long term wear? I am not the type to try to pull out of the device once it's on, so security is not my top priority.

2. BoBubbaBear

BoBubbaBear Member

Technology
    Atlanta, GA
    Local Time:
    I will defer to the "experts" here in the forum, but I think you want to stay as close to your normal flaccid length as possible.

PauloChaste likes this.
  3. Droog

Droog Long term member

Local Time:
    6:15 AM
    My experience with various devices over the years has been that the more "free" space you have, the more painful it is when you try to exceed it. Which will happen at some point regardless of the device used.

The smaller device has the advantage of being less likely to catch something when you move/walk/sleep and easier to conceal. So for me, the smallest possible works best. Others may feel differently.

If you have a KH maybe leave the sizing choice to them :)

-droog

masters-sissy and PauloChaste like this.
  4. Mistress B

Mistress B Mistress B

Business Owner
    United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    11:15 PM
    @Nostromo The cage length should be left to your Mistress or Master. Some, as I do, like to keep the penis in a flaccid state.

5. AliceInBondageLand

Moderator Verified Female

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    3:15 PM
    I hear that it is ultimately much more comfortable to have a small device that does not allow much growing because the more you grow, the more "stuck" you become and the more painful and slow it is to go away.

masters-sissy likes this.
  6. teaseded

teaseded Junior Member

ICT
    Switzerland
    Local Time:
    I am also a grower, about the same size. I've tried the CB2K, 3K, 6K, Curve and a couple metal devices. From all the ring devices, I can say honestly, get a belt. Problem I had is when I would go completely flaccid, the length of the cage didn't matter. When trying to get erect, I would get stuck near the opening, and it would push the cage away. For me this was exceptionally painful as it would cause the cage to pull my balls very far away from my body, sometimes even turning em purple. From all the devices, the 2K was the best, as it gave a little more entry room compared to the "ergonomic" designs of the others. The Curve was not as bad either, but if I wasn't lubed enough, it gave the same problem.

I did try the Lovejail from Fetish Felix, and loved the thing. I could wear it over night without tearing my balls off. The worst part of it was the pressure of my erection trying to push the whole belt off my body, but it was short lived and bearable.

Good luck!

7. Urcatcher

Urcatcher Active member

Local Time:
    3:15 PM
    I have similar measurements to yours. There is a problem with getting a device that has some extra room, particularly if your device is plastic or silicon. The problem occurs at night when it will allow you to experience erections which will push your device away from your body and pull on your balls causing you significant pain. In my experience, a fit that is snug for a grower in a properly fitting solid steel device that prevents erections will be much more comfortable. I wear a snugly fitting jailbird 24/7 ( worn for the past 9 months with once a month brief releases for shaving and playing with Mistress) and I have never experienced the night tugging at my balls. IMO only solid stainless steel is comfortable and suitable for long term wear.... Hinges cause pinching and plastic or silicon have hygiene issues that stainless steel do not have. Those who wear plastic or silicon long term usually resort to extensive workarounds to deal with hygiene issues that would be unnecessary with stainless steel. The plastic and silicon devices also split and tear with long term use, often injuring the wearer. For many, the most poorly designed devices for long term use are the plastic CB devices.

8. PauloChaste

PauloChaste Living the chaste life

London
    Local Time:
    I went from a CB6000 to the CB6000s and find that smaller is better!

9. masters-sissy

masters-sissy Active member

product line operator
    U.S.
    Local Time:
    I'm a grower myself. I go from 3 1/2 to 7 1/4. The cb-x devices in any configuration just won't cut it. As Urcatcher pointed out
    And most of them don't even realize that there is a better way. They've just heard so many stories of other's workarounds that they feel like that's the way it must be. I felt that way for the last year until I was finally convinced by the good people of this forum and another blog denyingthumper.com that stainless steel is the best by far. And don't take the cheap way out and go for the Dhgate/ebay fake chrome plated stuff. You'll only end up with chips of chrome embedded in your nether-flesh and a non-custom fit. Which for us "growers" is absolutely necessary. And trust me the smaller the better. It may seem counter-intuitive but the smaller you go the more comfortable the fit will be. And be sure to take a thousand measurements just to make sure you know what you're ordering. And if you go with MM they are super helpful. Ask questions and heed their advice. They know what they're doing.

10. Leiothrix

Leiothrix Junior Member

Local Time:
    8:15 AM
    The cage length should be left to the person wearing it.

Assuming that this is for long term wear, comfort, hygiene and safety are the most important factors, and only the wearer can assess those.

If it's only for a short term play session though, wear whatever you want (as long as it's safe).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice