Contender with PA - initial views and questions

Discussion in 'Male Chastity Now' started by Andy80, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Andy80

Andy80 Long term member

United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    10:37 PM
    I recently bought a MCN Contender with the PA upgrade.

I am delighted with it and would like to thank everyone who has posted their views and advice in the MCN forum on Chastity Mansion. I read a lot of the postings on the Contender before making my purchase.

I will post a full review once I've completed my initial two weeks locked (assuming my Mistress lets me unlock!).

I spent several days taking measurements and Mark was very helpful. I have loads of other chastity devices (and normal cock rings), so though I had a good idea what base ring size would work, and when the cage arrived it was initially perfect.

I've noticed after a week, that when I'm really soft (I'm a grower so my size varies a lot) I can very easily get one of my fingers under the base ring (and not just my little finger). Without the PA pin, I'd be able to pull out of the cage no problem.

I'm becoming more certain each day that the base ring is too large, maybe only by 1/8 inch (3mm), but enough that the cage doesn't feel as secure as I'd like. I also think my scrotum might be stretching a little, also making the base ring less snug.

However, it is really comfortable, I am sleeping almost through the night, often waking up only once (usually around 6am) with a tiny amount of ball burn but not much. I'm worried that a tighter ring would cause more pain with nocturnal erections leading to sleepless nights.

I'd welcome views from anyone with a MCN cage who found their initial base ring was too big and found downsizing was the solution.

Thank you.

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  2. Peaches

Peaches "kinky guy"

Business owner
    South Carolina
    Local Time:
    5:37 PM
    What is the measurement of your current base ring?

3. Andy80

Andy80 Long term member

United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    Hi Clearstatic - my current base ring is 1 7/8 inch. It seemed a good fit for the first few days but after two weeks - when I'm really soft and my balls are hanging low - I'm surprised how loose the ring can sometimes be.

4. Peaches

Peaches "kinky guy"

Business owner
    South Carolina
    Local Time:
    5:37 PM
    Talk to mark at MCN. He can do half sizes with base rings.

I had a 1 7/8, I ordered a 1 5/8. Too loose and to tight. Mark was able to provide a 1 11/16 ring and it's perfect.

Andy80 likes this.
  5. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    You can help prevent the ball burn by applying a little skin cream/lube/vaseline/baby ointment before bedtime.

One way to work out if a smaller ring would suit is to make the one you have smaller.
    Two temporary ways to reduce the inside diameter of the base ring:
    - wrap electrical tape around the ring.
    - for a bigger reduction, get a soft plastic tube (like the sort used for car washer systems) and split it longways with a sharp blade, fit over the base ring aligning the cut to the outside, and secure with tape. It won't matter if the tube doesn't quite wrap all the way around the gauge of the ring, you only need it on the inside.

I'd always advise determining the minimum size base ring that you need by trialling it for a day or two without the cage. It's difficult to work out whether it's the ring diameter or the gap that is wrong otherwise.

Andy80 likes this.
  6. Andy80

Andy80 Long term member

United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    Thank you Clearstatic and bondinchas for your replies.

bondinchas - I hadn't thought of making the ring temporarily smaller as a test and this is a great tip.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice