Woman cuts off husbands penis - Uganda - Tuesday, 2nd September, 2008

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by richard, Oct 31, 2008.

1. richard

richard Just me

Local Time:
    6:15 AM
    Woman cuts off husbands penis
    Tuesday, 2nd September, 2008 E-mail article Print article

By Dismus Buregyeya
    and Ali Mambule

A housewife is on the run after she allegedly cut off her husbands penis after accusing him of marrying another woman.

The woman identified as Hellen Maama Gift, 20, from Mbarara is suspected to have set the husbands vehicle on fire two days before cutting off his penis on Tuesday.

Godfrey Ssemanda, 26, of Nkunyu village, Lwengo sub-county in Masaka district was admitted in Masaka Hospital after being referred from Kitovu Hospital where he had been taken.

Ssemanda, who sells matooke, is said to have married another woman in Mbarara town and put her in the house where he used to live with Hellen.

Hellen, a mother of three, is said to have first attempted to poison Ssemanda.

When she brought the tea, I became suspicious and I advised her to share it with me but she refused. I later told her to give it to the children but she poured it away, Ssemanda said.

A member of the family said over sh2m was in the truck, which Hellen allegedly burnt.

Hellen was further angered when Ssemanda stopped giving her the money he earned and instead kept it in the vehicle, she added.

The district Police commander, Haruna Isabirye, said he had not received a report about the incident.

The LC1 secretary of Nkunyu, Godfrey Ndugwa, said the matter had been reported to Nkunyu Police post when residents threatened to lynch Hellen.

Maybe the officers at the Police post are still making inquiries but the information has not yet reached my desk, Isabirye told The New Vision on telephone.

Medical officers in Masaka hospital said they had successfully rejoined Ssemandas penis and he was being treated with anti-biotics.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice