Time to Mention MrsSilk again. 10 years on.

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by sissy_maid_melody, Mar 2, 2016.

1. sissy_maid_melody

sissy_maid_melody Active member

Local Time:
    1:58 PM
    Today is the 10th anniversary of the death of Mrs Silk. It's rare these days to find people who remember what a pioneer she was in the early days of the Internet. Somewhat accidentally she produced the first web site to cater for maid / sissy / chastity fetishists. I'm not saying that sites like Chastity Mansion wouldn't be around without Mrs Silk, just that she started the ball rolling and played a part in shaping how later sites catered for their member audience.

It's difficult now to explain how Silks' became a place for people to discover that they weren't alone in their needs and soul searching. How it became a gathering place whose fame spread as the Internet burgeoned.

Dialling in to the Internet on your latest 19,600 modem to reach the site and it's chatroom to speak to people with similar secret fetishes and kinky interests. And especially in the early days, a reasonable chance to speak to Mrs Silk herself.

One of the sad things about this anniversary is that whilst the site continues it hides the fact that she died. They don't celebrate her pioneering originality and give her the place in history she deserves. Instead they pretend she is alive, putting out "new" photo shoots that are either based on 20+ year old pictures or with her face photoshopped in to them. Most of their audience are too credulous to notice, but if she was still alive and producing photo shoots she'd be in her mid-70's. I'm not sure that she would be that appealing, no matter how well she'd looked after herself.

It's a shame that her legacy, run by her family has stripped the dignity from a major icon. It really is time now that they did the right thing and did justice to her pioneering legacy.

Susan Rose Hatswell a.k.a. Mrs Silk, 2nd March 2006, RIP.

2. chris80

chris80 Junior Member

Local Time:
    12:58 PM
    I met her once at a TV weekend away in Bournemouth in 1996. She was with one of her proteges who lived near her in Kent. It was only a couple of years ago that I read she had died,?from cancer breast.

3. salonslave

salonslave I play for a living and work for fun.

SW Louisiana, USA
    Local Time:
    6:58 AM
    Wow! I had no idea she was not with us any more! I wish the torch had been passed publicly. Maybe things will change now.

4. sissy_maid_melody

sissy_maid_melody Active member

Local Time:
    1:58 PM
    I doubt things will change. The inheritors of the site have consciously kept up the farce that she is still alive, training sissy maids and doing photo shoots.

Every "new" photo shoot of Mrs Silk is either a rehash of old shoots or photoshopped. And let's face it, if she was still alive not many would be interested in pictures of someone who would be in her mid 70's.

It really is a shame, there's so much they could have done to memorialise her on the site and still carry on with a fresh vision catering to people today following in her tradition.

5. salonslave

salonslave I play for a living and work for fun.

SW Louisiana, USA
    Local Time:
    6:58 AM
    Terrible!!!!

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what happened to mrs silk?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice