Thinking of getting a jail bird...

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by Don, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Don

Don New member

Local Time:
    6:27 AM
    So, as the title suggests, I'm thinking of getting a jail bird. I've tried using a CB6000S several times, but I found it to be too annoying to deal with. I just have a few questions for those with similar experiences that can offer their opinion (and help me avoid mistakes):

Regarding sizing...
    On the cage length, I measured an average of 2.5 inches... but is there any amount that I should remove for a more snug fit? Also, In the CB6000S, although I could reach the end, I would always find myself filling up only half of the cage... but I assume that's more of an issue with the CB6000's plastic, tube design.

And then the ring size... is this supposed to be diameter? With the CB6000S, I found that the middle ring, which is 1.75", was the smallest ring that fit comfortably and didn't cut off circulation during arousal, if that sounds right.

And really important for me, what's the average time from ordering to receiving the package within the US, and is there a tracking number provided? I have about 2 weeks left of vacation, and I'm dreading the idea of anyone I live with receiving the package and opening it once I'm out of the house all day every day (it's happened before on some much more innocent stuff). Call me paranoid, but I'm just being careful :)

2. Urcatcher

Urcatcher Active member

Local Time:
    6:27 AM
    I got a jailbird at the end of April after being lent a CB6000 and trying it out over a 2 month period. I couldn't stand being in the CB6000 for more than 3 days at a time. I've been in my jailbird pretty much 24/7 since the end of April. I am also 2.5". (I am a grower). I ordered a 2" length and it is the right length. At most, sometimes there is about 1/8 -1/4"room at the tip. Other times i reach the tip. I got MM's plastic sizing ring kit and used it to accurately determine my base ring and cage diameter. I wore the plastic base ring for an extended period before ordering the jailbird to make sure it was the right size. With the CB6000, I wore the 2" hinged blunt edged base ring and anything smaller was painful. With the round solid plastic sizing rings 2" was too big (I could fall out of it) and I determined that 1 & 7/8 was my correct size. For the cage diameter, the CB6000 cage was 1 & 3/8 but it always felt uncomfortably tight and was difficult to get into. The plastic sizing rings suggested I could wear a 1 & 1/4" diameter cage and that is what I ordered. The jailbird is much more open and steel is much more comfortable than plastic allowing a narrower cage. The sizes I ordered fit perfectly, totally preventing erections and I am quite happy with the jailbird. Never any soreness, pinching, or chafing. I sleep well. Hygiene is easy. The device took between 6 and 7 weeks to arrive after ordering. (I'm in Portland, Oregon). MM notified me when it shipped. Good luck!

locked4her55 likes this.
  3. locked4her55

locked4her55 Seasoned Member

Local Time:
    9:27 AM
    I agree with Urcatcher. I own both the Jailbird and a Watchful Mistress. I like you am a grower and decided to go with a shorter length and I'm very happy I did. I am 90% of the time right at the tip of my cage. Makes it very easy to stand while I pee as I had MM spread the front horizontal bars just a bit. I took MM suggestion and went down one base ring size and since then I have moved down an additional size. If you can afford it I would highly suggest ordering two base rings as you will most likely find the larger of the two will become just too loose over time. Both my JB and WM took 6 weeks from order to door. Trust me you won't be sorry you moved onto a MM device from your CB's.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice