Soldering Iron - CB6000 Repair

Discussion in 'CB Range' started by destructobob, Jul 26, 2011.

1. destructobob

destructobob Member

Local Time:
    2:01 AM
    Hello again everyone,

A friend has suggested to this boy that perhaps a good option for splitting repair is a soldering iron, in that the seam should be melted slightly to the point where it merges once more and is one solid piece, eliminating the gap that has developed. Upon closer inspection of CB cage, this boy can see a small amount of space that has opened up, right as the plastic peaks downward opening up into the space for the penis head. The gap is extremely small, perhaps a millimeter at most in width, but when space is tight inside, skin easily gets caught in the tiny gap, which can lead to a painful tugging sensation.

Has anybody had any experience using a soldering iron to fix an issue along these lines? This boy is considering glue as well, although that solution may not be as effective.

Thanks!

-Penny's Property

2. wettie

wettie Long term member

Philadelphia, PA
    Local Time:
    4:01 AM
    Many people have said that super glue gel works well and is stronger than the original bond.

3. MikeyLikes

MikeyLikes Active member

Bus driver
    Calgary, AB
    Local Time:
    3:01 AM
    I was going to suggest testing first, but then it occured to me that you probably wouldn't have a piece of the exact kind of plastic laying around. I guess if your melting technique ruins it, you could buy a new cage, and let everyone else know not to attempt it.

4. phoopha

phoopha Junior Member

Local Time:
    10:01 AM
    I tried using super glue to repair my CB6000 but found that it just wouldn't stick. I don't know why, as I used exactly the same type that I had used to repair my CB3000 and CB2000 ( hmm... anyone spot a pattern with these CBxxxx devices?! :( :) )

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice