Simple mod to secure birdlock..

Discussion in 'Birdlocked' started by chess, Feb 25, 2010.

1. chess

chess Junior Member

Local Time:
    4:53 AM
    Hi All,
    After lurking here for a while and being dissatisfied with the ease of pull out from my (or should I say my Girlfriend's) 50mm Birdlock standard, I thought I should post my simple security enhancement.#

I was able to pull my penis out with relative ease (even though getting my balls in was always tough. I could (theoretically) have then masturbated and simply returned willy to the cage with a bit of lube, my GF being none the wiser. This is obviously pointless and so I set out to secure this thing once and for all. My GF was really disappointed to see how easily I was able to pull out, especially given the price.

I knew I wanted to discard the band as it simply stretches too easily and I've read about the locking pin breaking under light load, so I wanted to get rid of that too. The solution was simple (for me, everyone's anatomy is different)....I simply bought 7.6mm wide cable ties (ty wraps I think you call them in the states), long enough to get a good grip to pull tight (mine are 380mm long). I use a cable tie instead of the clear plastic band and then when it's pulled as tight as my GF can pull it, I punch a hole in the tie, just big enough for the lock to pass through, and situated right up against the part of the cable tie where the tie passes through itself, then trim the excess cable tie.

Procedure takes an extra 1minute now and tbh, it is genuinely impossible for me to get back in, even if I could pull out (too painfull, haven't really tried!). The cable tie itself cannot be cut and replaced as the lock would be missing! The cable tie locking mechism (the ratchet mechanism) cannot be tampered with as the lock is so close to it that it prevents the tie from being loosened anyway. In short, it works (for me).

Cable ties of this size are only a couple of cents. We lock up most days (not permanent chastity) before I go to work and unlock in the evening, except during her period when I remain locked for 6 days. It is entirely worth the couple of cents per day to know you are truly in chastity tbh and for long term wearers would be even more appropriate.

You'll need a handheld hole punch of course (about 15 Euros) to punch a clean hole in the cable tie to pass the lock through but you can use that for other things (like making new holes in your belt when your mistress makes you lose weight lol)

2. JackStrap

JackStrap Member

Guru
    North Eurotica
    Local Time:
    6:53 AM
    Even though I dislike "use once and throw away" ideology, I have to admire this idea of yours.

When my plastic band or the pin breaks, I'll take your advice and do as you did.

I'm using birdlocked until I can use my PA5000 again with confidence. I'm having problems with my PA piercing, which gets very irritated and sore.

edit: How about discarding the locking part of the cable tie, punching two holes into the cable tie and then putting the lock through the holes? I don't mean the ends of the tie overlapping, but putting the bottoms together, ends pointing up. This way the tie would be reusable, if the idea works otherwise.

3. chess

chess Junior Member

Local Time:
    It wouldn't work for me as I need the tightness provided by the cable tie. The actual ratchet mechanism inside the cable tie head is what makes it so tight and secure. I don't believe it would be as tight doing it like the above, but I might give it a go.

4. chess

chess Junior Member

Local Time:
    Thinking a bit further about this...instead of pairing two ends of the tie together and punching 2 holes, what about following my initial idea but removing the little widget in the ratchet mechanism and punching a hole a tiny bit closer to the head of the tie, thus allowing you to pull it tight then secure with the lock. It would require a pliers to pull the tie though, as you couldn't leave it long all the time!

5. lock4ever

lock4ever Member

Local Time:
    3:53 AM
  6. chess

chess Junior Member

Local Time:
    The problem there is price. I need a wide cable tie and I believe a narrow one would eventually eat into the silicone and destroy it. The cheapest tie appears to be 35c. I can get un-numbered ties for a lot less than that to be honest, hence my suggestion.

7. lock4ever

lock4ever Member

Local Time:
    If only the ridge in the cuff could be shortened to the width of one cable tie... this device would totally work for me.

No other option - steel, acrylic, plastic, even rubber has proven wearable to me, I need a more flexible tube or I will be causing damage and chafing.

Even without the modification above, the cable tie idea just might work. Be nice if it didn't pull the testicles so far away from the body though.

8. lock4ever

lock4ever Member

Local Time:
    Actually, the price is a good thing from my point of view. Once regular wear is established, for me, this thing would not be coming off more than once or twice a year, if at all. The fact that the numbered cable ties come in packs of 100.. well, for me, that would be close to a lifetime supply.

9. chess

chess Junior Member

Local Time:
    Ah ok. For us, chastity is more of a game. We unlock often, so need a cheaper solution!

10. hollytv

hollytv Junior Member

Local Time:
    Chess, could you explain how you remove the cable tie? Carefully with pair of scissors? *raises eyebrow* I don't own a Bridlocked, yet, but something that would improve on the seemingly guarenteed pin breakage and cable stretching is reassuring.

thanks
    holly. x

11. chess

chess Junior Member

Local Time:
    I punch 2 holes in the tie Holly. One for the lock, one inside the loop itself, to sufficiently weaken the tie to make removal (in my case I actually use a snips, not a scissors) easier. It comes off in the blink of an eye.

12. JackStrap

JackStrap Member

Guru
    North Eurotica
    Local Time:
    Damn...

Yesterday, when doing nothing special, especially not playing with my thingies, I heard a "thud" sound.

It was the lock of my Birdlocked PA, that just hit the carpet. Bye bye locking pin :I It was fun as long as it lasted, a week or two.

So.

All in all I like the concept of Birdlocked, but there are several shortcomings:

- it's too small for me; some pee remains in the pipes and dribbles out in inconvenient times
    - locking pin broke, need to figure out what to do
    - the most rearward vent holes are a problem, my skin bubbles through them and gets sore

And most surprising of all:

- my testes just popped (umm, not a good word.. pulled? came? moved? reversed?) through the base ring spontaneously.

I was having my morning coffee and felt that things are moving and then realised what had just happened :I My rigth testie is about three or four times the size of the left one. Maybe that has something to do with the issue?

I guess I'll silicone the last holes shut, get a wide plastic locking tie and hope that my testies stay inside :I

It might just be that PA5000 nor Birdlocked are no good for me. I'm seriously thinking about buying The Curve. This is quite an expensive way to find what's suitable and what's not :(

13. lock4ever

lock4ever Member

Local Time:
    Um, not to frighten you or anything, but that sounds pretty unusual to me. 50% variation is probably within normal limits, but 3-4 times the size sounds pretty extreme. I'd probably get that checked out just to be safe. You could have fluid or swelling from the chastity itself.

That said, this should make it easier for you to stay in the chastity. Just but the left testie through first and the right will hold it in place.

14. JackStrap

JackStrap Member

Guru
    North Eurotica
    Local Time:
    Actually I reserved a meeting with urologist (sic?) for tomorrow. I wanted to have a chat about my thingies and chastity devices and whatnot.
    My testicles are one item in the list, especially the size. I want to hear his professional opinion before getting worried :)
    My testies were like this before starting my trip to Chastity-land, so this is not a new issue.
    Yea, right sac and right testicle are bigger than their leftist brothers, but they behave nicely and get well along.
    Anyway, tomorrow I'll be wiser.

15. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    You mean you're not going to rely on internet theories! :tumbleweed:

Hope all goes well for you.

16. JackStrap

JackStrap Member

Guru
    North Eurotica
    Local Time:
    Well

Doctor has an opportunity to take the matters into his hands and take a closer look :)

And he has seen more than most of us here :)

17. JackStrap

JackStrap Member

Guru
    North Eurotica
    Local Time:
    mmm. Nothing to worry, testies are good. There is little water in the right sac, but it's OK. "when it looks like football, come back then :)"

but... The doc had never heard about chastity devices and he had an opinion that foreskin cannot be stretched. I have to think about this.

He also recommended against using any device to restrict erection...

Ah well. "you live, you learn"...

18. lock4ever

lock4ever Member

Local Time:
    Glad to hear all is well. I have one much larger than the other myself, but I think only about 25% or so measured length-wise. Course when you extrapolate that one dimension to surface area or volume, the numbers change (~1.5 times or ~2 times). And you don't want the football scenario. Actually been there, not fun. Course now I have much stretched scrotal tissue which allows easy use of trapped ball devices.

Back on topic, I contacted birdlock to see if a modification to the product is possible for better use with cable ties. We'll see what they say.

19. lock4ever

lock4ever Member

Local Time:
    They said it wouldn't be possible without creating a new master for the mold, and that would be pretty expensive. I wonder if it would be possible to slice off the back ring, cut the inner part of the ring down to 3/16" and then reattach. Certainly, it would be difficult I imagine, to get clean cuts, and difficult to to sand or file to get a perfect join.

Nevertheless, I am thinking I am going to actually try a birdlock! For various reasons, my will-power has eroded lately and I'm finding myself drawn towards having orgasms again - despite the fact that I don't want to.

20. subken

subken Active member

Local Time:
    10:53 PM
    I made a stainless steel tie from a hose clamp (which happens to be the exact same width as the plastic strap), found the ideal tightness, then drilled a hole in the clamp to hold a steel locking pin made from a cabinet shelf support. There is no give or stretching to the steel hose clamp. I can't pull out and the only escape would be to destroy the birdlock.

I also put some heat shrink tubing around the bottom of the clamp to keep it from cutting into the latex. This is a bit of a pain the the Birdlock is by far the most comfortable and secure CD I have used.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice