CB3000 Hinge Rivet Chaffing Issue

Discussion in 'CB Range' started by Steve157, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Steve157

Steve157 Member

Local Time:
    1:30 AM
    I have found away to address the standard problem with hot spots/chaffing due to the rivet on the CB3000 ring.

I gave it a week just looking at the ring to figure out why it would just happen there. In my opinion it is in part due to rivet being above the plastic and that the plastice changing from the round shape of the ring to the 90 degree angle at the rivet.

You have to have some skill to fix it so be careful and think it out before starting. Here is what I did to fix mine;

1. Drill out the stock rivet
    2. Counter sink the rivet holes on both sides
    3. Round off the square edges to match the ring
    4. Install new rivet

Be aware that you need to go slow when drilling out the rivet and counter sinking the holes as the plastic is very easy to break.

Before I did this I could only wear it for very short time spans... Whcih defeats the whole point in in chastity play.

Needless to say none of us should have to do this much work to make a $180 product work. I have already wrote A L Ent that I have a fix for theirt product. Take care all and have fun.

Steve

2. Mark121

Mark121 Nobody of consequence

Local Time:
    4:30 AM
    It is easier, though less elegant, to just put a rubber sleeve over the rivet.

My CB3K hinged ring eventually broke at the rivet site, which prompted me to convert to an "open top" design. It is described in my thread on CB3K Mods, and there are photos in my album. It also takes a bit of work, but results in a more secure, durable, and comfortable product.

3. Steve157

Steve157 Member

Local Time:
    Yeah I tried that too

I tried that it it seemed to make the situation worse. I have a high, tight and large sack and I think that is most of my problem. Thanks for the feedback.

Steve

4. dubsub

dubsub Member

Local Time:
    9:30 AM
    I had too many problems like this with the CB3000. I switched to the CB6000 and am locked in for almost 60 days now with no problems. Came out for Christmas Day and hope to be back in today. Good luck.

5. cks

cks Banned

Local Time:
    3:30 AM
    the solid rings from the cb-2000 also can be used with the 3000 and can be purchased separately.

6. Michsubhusband

None
    South Portland, Maine
    Local Time:
    4:30 AM
    i use the ring from the 6k and drilled out the cage of both the 2 and 3- with using the spacers works great

7. Steve157

Steve157 Member

Local Time:
    Hi everyone,

Thank you for all you input... I kind of hate to give them more money to up grade to the CB6000... But we also want keep playing with this. Once again, thanks!

Steve

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice