Can one really fall in love on-line?

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by henry58, Nov 30, 2019.

1. henry58

henry58 Long term member

Local Time:
    4:35 PM
    Ok, Tinder and Match and all that, but i'm not talking about dating sites, I'm talking about virtual relationships. Those chat sessions and PMs etc, where over a period of time, one suddenly finds oneself really 'connecting'. So cards on the table, I think this is a thing.

But then we have the 2days, couple of PMs and then our submissive proclaims its love for a Domme and then it gets weird. Or is it?

In real, love at first sight is a thing, but in the virtual world? Or is this just the beginnings of a stalker scenario!

I do subscribe to the old quote;
    “All the world is queer save thee and me, and even thou art a little queer.”

2. Guest 3729

Guest 3729 Long term member

Local Time:
    9:35 AM
    I think it’s definitely possible and has probably happened numerous times. The internet is an easier way to meet others versus the more traditional methods especially in the kink world. I think people proclaiming their love after just a couple of days probably isn’t smart and they’re probably more in love with the “idea” of the other person versus truly being in love. The only experience I can bring to the table was a blind date I went on years ago. My friend Steve set it up, I talked to her for three hours on the phone the night before we went out. It felt Like we had so much in common and so much to talk about. I was really looking forward to meeting her the next day. We met in the quad at the movie theater and it was awkward, dinner was awkward and then after the movie was awkward. We just weren’t that into each other after we physically met and I could tell it was a mutual feeling.

We had truly enjoyed our conversation with each other the night before and ultimately we probably would’ve made great friends. I wanted a girlfriend and she wanted a boyfriend but we’d built up and created different images and ideas about each other in just one night. Then when the face to face happened the spark just wasn’t there.

so yes I do believe you can have very deep and honest relationships with someone you’ve met online. It’s smart to get to know the person and let the excitement of meeting someone with common goals and interests as yours not cloud your judgement and give it even more time because there are so many unknowns.

That doesn’t mean you can’t truly fall in love with someone in a short amount of time though. Mistress and I were dating for 3 weeks when she told me she loved me. I was shocked she told me so soon but I truly felt the same about her and told her that. She just had the balls to admit it to me first. That was 15 years ago ❤️

henry58 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice